Character not updating after customization after merge.

hfiani

Nicknames of your characters: PandingHunt (was in x10)

Information about your Game Client. Version (5.0.5\5.4.2\5.4.8): 5.4.8 got it from blizzard then the Patch from pandawow

Describe your problem: after merging x10 with x100, i have PandingHunt with the Change faction icon, i clicked it and i chose Blood Elf female, she is a hunter, when i finish customizing, i get: Updating Faction. and that's it, nothing happens, i have to either exit the game or press cancel then back.

How you tried to solve the problem: i tried to place many names like: BloodyHunta, and SunLightHunt. but same issue

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92551[/ATTACH]

ok so admins? any ideas? if there is not soon solution, just let me delete this character. i already have an alliance hunter on x100 and i don't need another one, so after the merge, i prefer the x10 hunter to become horde. Edited by hfiani

it has nothing important as i remember. it is lv 11. but i cannot remember if i bought 300 golds with bonuses back then (now i have over 40k on another character on x100 which makes those 300 useless) so i guess i will just delete him. no need to struggle in this matter further. i just wanted to see if this is a bug so i should report it properly. seems not, so i will delete him

i made it work!! please post this somewhere anyone can see:

1) what i had to do first is to actually play with the character as it is, it will ask to change a name, no worries choose whatever name. then enter the name and press ok

2) re enter the game and logout directly. (mine was dead so i had to rez it and then logout)

3) THEN you can change the faction and it will work, personally i changed everything i needed to, seems something in database is missing until you play for first time.

4) after faction change you will be able to change race and face and name and whatever, personally i just changed nothing and said next next next... it will work just fine