Dawn of fixes

Enn

Important note - If you're not going to read it all, go back to flamme in the english chat and leave this thread.

I guess everyone that is intelligent enough to care for the news regarding the server alredy know the fixes that will be applied in a near future. In this thread I'd like for we to have a healthy* discussion about them and also other aspects of the server.

* No flood, no spam, no insults. Leave your immaturities for losing arenas because your rival outplayed you by any means(including bug abuse) to in-game english chat profanation. This is to talk about what could be done.

I've been accompanying the server for quite a while and joined the forums shortly, and this thread(link) was particularly pretty polemic, specially because they are bringing back one of the most abusive skills arena-wise(and specially from a rate point of view), among with warriors' slam(with whatever is wrong with it, also please be honest with me, and DO watch a video of actual 5.4.8. PvP damage and etc before you post anything regarding this), warlocks' damage(specially affliction), mages' ring of frost and pyroblast(never noticed, but it was citated a couple of times in the forum), healings in general that are absurdly higher in comparison to retail and the extreme RNG that is involved in this server, which in turn, while in comparison to retail, this server is not even a prototype of actual PvP(since most of the players PvP, mainly or casually).

I've stopped playing for rate for a while now(almost 8 months) but back in my days I was a 2800+ feral and a 2650+ restoration druid, and the teams from 2.2k+ and beyond are, almost literally, always the same and they are extremely likely to be abusers of somekind(yet not to blame them, but the server, because some classes have more resources than others simply because some of their spells works MORE or LESS than they should), hell, I even confess that I've abused a few bugs(which a lot of people do too) like using the predatory swiftness more than once. Most of the mages use the polymorph + frozen orb/ring of frost + frozen orb, and that is totally normal for us now, and these bugs are over 1 year old. Over one year old. How do you even let a bug be over one year old, seriously? Specially as the actual best Mists of Pandaria server - player population based and bug fixes based - and how sometimes from a changelog to another you manage to bug something that was working as intended?

Also, I've had a few friends that were in the staff, and I even go to know some chat moderators(like Lanstus, that worked in this server for quite a while), and most of them(~90%) told me that there IS a discrimination if you're non-russian, which kinda of discouraged me joining the server specially due to these low times, also we're having less and less players with time. An example is Neff's thread regarding Necrotic Strikes - thread - and Furmetal's thread about it - thread - why is Neff's thread "more right" than his? This is just wrong. Also Neff's fonts are wrong and outdated, and the participants of the topics said it.

I've played in Blizzard for a while(in fact, I only came to play on private servers after it went to Warlords of Draenor that, while it is total bullshit, it is still better than pandawow in quite an amount of aspects) and I've never seen people rely so much in their gears than on here. You can be on full grievous gear, play perfectly against a prideful team(assuming that they commit a lot of major mistakes) and still lose, god knows how. Healing in here is just ridiculous, it is easy to deal 100k(for example) regrowths with little to no procs at all, which also shortens the mana usage. Lets not mention shamans, which most of them are 2.4k+ exped, and if they play with a decent partner, affliction/restoration is close to unbeatable.

This thread has was made 16/07/2015. This is more than 3 months ago. 3 months over a so important bug, and it isn't even answered by any of the staff members that are responsible for the bug fixing area. This one is from 2014. How are people not abusing this?(19/08/2015). I'll not even mention a lot of really basic and old bugs that aren't reported in either forums(russian and international bug tracker).

Warriors here touch you, and then you can see caps locked 80k numbers popping up in your screen non-burst.

Retribution paladins simply explode when they pop their burst for some reason.

Hunters are a joke, should I mention survival(overpowered) or beast mastery(underpowered)?

All healers seem to have a massive boost in their healing, totally unreasonable and non blizzlike.

Rogues can hit you for over 140k specifically on eviscerates, which was close to impossible on retail(duel-wise).

I'll not mention death knights, everyone knows them. Enhancement shaman is a joke.

Druids have a lot of speed bugs, like dash out of forms and etc. Melee classes, specially those without dispells, struggle.

Holy paladins struggle to use their holy shock properly because it simply doesn't work as intended(the additional crit chance).

Windwalker monks are just facerolling, literally, their Fists of Fury hit for almost double than it was on retail.

Mistweaver and their bugged mastery and teas(also valid for windwalker brews) makes them incapable of going oom or dying at all if not under unreal damage per sec.

Affliction warlocks hits more than/close to destruction warlocks, no comments on fear's breaks.

Elemental shamans' lava surge(lava burst procs) procs comes way too often.

In order to the classes to actually get fixes in their latent bugs, you may not defend it. Accept that you class has bugs and that once they're fixed you will have to adapt(if you want to maintain competitive). It is your fault too that the fixes are delayed.

People that I'd not like to participate on this thread or, if they do, to control themselves.

Noneedholy

Pujo and variants

Neff

Juster

Zeox

Dyonisus and variants

Repitch and variants

Furmetal and variants

Also, unless this thread loses its purpose - discussion, thus the area GENERAL DISCUSSION -, please do not close it. If trash threads like many in the general discussion are allowed, then this one should as well, since this IS a discussion about the server. General discussion could also might as well be discussing about other things like, for example, France's attacks. Do not mess this up staff, specially Nemifest(which is the most active moderator of the general discussion).

Leave in the comments what do you think about the delays, the staff, the players, the pvp, the balancing, comparisons with retail, things that you dislike or like, experiences and etc.

Edited by Enn
formatating
  • Like 4

Nice one man, true.

It's been like that since the start though, they didn't fix bargain until late 5.4.2 nor the 1m chaos bolt til' 3months into 5.4.2.

I've played arena both at low and high rate, i still don't have any problem beating frost mages or retarded healers.

And about the bugs- they post an update/changelog every 1-2weeks up to a month and daily npc fixes. Next update should fix some crucial bugs, and it's next week. I waited 2 years for goblin glider >.>

Classes you mentioned are really true, you really made yourself sound as an experienced player, other than that, affli simply can't break their fears here which is retarded.

Anyways, about what you requested:

I've not played retail so idk any comparisons

PvP is really good for a server, especially since all cores after wotlk are basically shit, gj to the team.

Experiences are really good, if we exclude retards, gold beggers and everything.

Balancing is really good, except faction balancing, and heres why:

Most players have switched to alliance, good, except there isn't a single good horde guild nor any good horde players left. Not saying that any of the Best Regards' players or some other famous guild such as TORTUGA(rip btw) were any good, considering they get 1vXed in almost all bg's.

The only thing I dislike are that they don't tell the community what they're doing and the rumors that they're buying scripts and not fixing stuff themselves.

Also please, please don't lock this thread, unless some flaming kid comes.

Edited by Frostshotz

No I completely agree with you. But this will get closed cause soon as an admin answers the thread, he closes it. :(

I've never done 140k without broken pve trinkets (ok I did 300k in s14 on here xD), but it was possible to get 140k (not in duels, but I saw Kalimist do 150k once, but that was the most luck ever.)

On retail it was fully possible to do 100k+ Eviscerate during procs & cooldowns, infact, look at this video

go to 3:20

That was 5.4.2 aka s14 and without trinkets. So if you see rogues do 150k+ on here, it's simply because of broken pve trinkets (or they fixed this? Idk lol)

But I hope this thread can stay clean and not get locked in 20 minutes due to silly arguements.

It's good that you are all adhering to the idea of the thread, one of the first steps for the community itself to estimulate the fixing of bugs is to recognize them.

In my opinion, the classes that needs fixes the most are healers and warriors. Any healer/dps comp, if they're decent, are next to unbeatable if you're a dps/dps, this is from the restoration shaman/feral point of view vs any other comp with feral(apart from destruction warlocks, which for some reason I get along very well).

this is from the restoration shaman/feral point of view vs any other comp with feral.

Indeed, specially because restoration shamans, for some reason, are by a long shot the best healers in pandawow, my first guess is that their mastery has an anomally. I'm used to play with them myself too and my health pool is quite the roller coaster, I've seen shamans healing me for 225k in an arena. This is just horrendous.

In my opinion, most of the bugs needs to, indeed, be fixed as fast as impossible, and I also do not doubt that they buy scripts instead of actually fixing them.

This thread reminds me of one that I did a while ago, and it just got instantly closed even though it met the same conditions that yours do, the admins can literally do whatever they want though since this is their server, its one of the bad things about playing on a private server(in general, not necessarily World of Warcraft).

wow, someone else that abuses predatory swiftness, how common

Edited by Furmetal

It's good that you are all adhering to the idea of the thread, one of the first steps for the community itself to estimulate the fixing of bugs is to recognize them.

The english community on the international forums is below 10 atm.

I can't even think of that vs 5000 total players/realm

What im gonna say have no relation with bugs, but its a good idea about changes based on another pvp server that i've played.

Usually to join bg in aliance = waiting 10min, while in horde use to be insta call, there are usually 100 aliance in que and 0 hordes or 10, maybe you could find a way to make cross factions bgs, i've played on a pvp server with factions crossed on bgs and all bgs called so fast and was so fun to talk and play with anyone on the oposite faction in a bg and work toguether.

Its just one idea that worked so good in another server that could be cool and worth it.

Edited by pujo2

What im gonna say have no relation with bugs, but its a good idea about changes based on another pvp server that i've played.

Usually to join bg in aliance = waiting 10min, while in horde use to be insta call, there are usually 100 aliance in que and 0 hordes or 10, maybe you could find a way to make cross factions bgs, i've played on a pvp server with factions crossed on bgs and all bgs called so fast and was so fun to talk and play with anyone on the oposite faction in a bg and work toguether.

Its just one idea that worked so good in another server that could be cool and worth it.

You surprised me, I thought that you were way less rational and would instantly hurl yourself into the alredy bad image that I had of you. Good to see that this is being taken seriously and that you're more than what I thought.

Honestly, the crossfaction, while it is indeed a good idea and not hard to implement at all(or at least on my test server I had back on 3.3.x there was an option to turn it on), I doubt that they will come to implement it.

Also, I don't find that I wait too long for my queues, even though most of the times it reaches 10 minutes or higher.

@Thread

I'm a cocky little shit as a player. I'm now playing for fun, but yet, one of the few things that distincts me from some of the 2.2k restoration druids and so is the simple knowledge of bugs, most of the times not for abusing them, but for avoiding them. Once you reach a certain rate you'll be almost forced to use a few, and some classes have these bugs alredy implemented in a way that there is no other way than not using them, like the future Necrotic Strike, which will benefit from PvP Power.