Good Movies / Series !

Noneedholy

t'was a good movie. Any movie that you can rematch even just once must be decent :P I'd given avatar a 9.1/10.

What would you give Gladiator? I watched it as a kid when it came out and everyone was pure hyped on it so for me I can't judge it, but i'd say 9.2/9.4.

IMDB only gives it 8.5 and Rotten Tomatoes only 7.7 :(

- - - Updated - - -

Another couple good war movies are Saving Private Ryan (of course lol) and Apocalypto. - Historical Warfare = My Favourite Movies :P

t'was a good movie. Any movie that you can rematch even just once must be decent :P I'd given avatar a 9.1/10.

What would you give Gladiator? I watched it as a kid when it came out and everyone was pure hyped on it so for me I can't judge it, but i'd say 9.2/9.4.

IMDB only gives it 8.5 and Rotten Tomatoes only 7.7 :(

- - - Updated - - -

Another couple good war movies are Saving Private Ryan (of course lol) and Apocalypto. - Historical Warfare = My Favourite Movies :P

imdb votes is from random ppl. most ppl have no clue how to judge a movie. they judge it by if its fun or not lol.

i love gladiator, i'd give it a 10/10 lol

P.S. All films where Leo, perfect:popcorn:

Like I said, the Departed is pretty good - Leonardo Dicaprio, Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, and Mark Wahlberg.

It is Dicaprio's best film in my opinion (since Inception is a bit too psuedo-intellectual for me). Have you seen it? If not watch it :P

- - - Updated - - -

i rated it 5

YOU RATED GLADIATOR 5!? WHAT

script, directing, acting (and contribution in art) and camera is most important things, not CGI and pseudo-heroism

I don't know where to start here IF you're talking about Gladiator.

Acting? Joaquin phoenix and Russel Crowe nail it.

Scripting? It's basically history, just combining a few people to make Maximus.

CGI? Very, very little

Pseudo-Heroism? Man.. Gladiator is the complete opposite to pseudo. He doesn't want to fight, but he has no option, so decides he may aswell get revenge.

Anyway I don't know how you could rate it 5/10 :P

Even Avatar doesn't deserve that! lol. I would understand rating it lower though. Personally I find it impossible to re-watch Avatar. It just feels corny as hell, but when I first watched it at the cinema, the CGI, Sound Effects and 3D really carried it and made it awesome, especially on the Nagrand flying scene. :P

Overall though the script and acting is pretty corny on Avatar - good thing most of the time it's CGI! ^^

Only problem with CGI is that it doesn't stand the test of time. So unlike Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan, The Last of the Mohicans and The Departed, they won't stand the test of time.

Edited by Bapss

I Love You Philip Morris - Comedy, ft. Jim Carrey

The perks of being a wallflower - Drama, Romance

Ethernal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Drama, Romance

Scary Movie 1/2/3/4 - Comedy

Superbad - Comedy

Limitless - Drama

The Words - Drama, Mystery, Romance

Pulp Fiction a action/comedy, Citizen cane is black and white, and i've never even seen an old ass hitchcock move and don't plan to. lol

They are completely different movies. You can't compare them at all with an historical epic.

Giving it 5/10 really makes you a bad critic lol - not just because the good critics disagree but because non of the reasons you gave stand up (unless you were talking about Avatar, in which case I can agree with some of the points).

Edited by Bapss

well this is your opinion but try to compare gladiator with citizen cane, pulp fiction and best hitchcock movies - it has no chance

The comparison here is ridiculous haha gladiator is an adaptation of a historic war fable and pulp fiction is a fully fictional story written by somebody.

A critic should always take into account what he's judging and compared to other movies based in that time period it does one hell of a job capturing imagination it was a great film 9/10

Also if you're into early rock and even if you're not check out Vinyl... The directors speak for itself