Spell reflect value bug

• Developers
as you can clearly see the warlock gets a 57k reflected chaos bolt

Yes, but there is two spells reflected (incinerate and chaos bolt). It's a weird that incinerate hit for 49k and chaos bolt 57k, they are never so close in damage (especially with dmg procs).

So, maybe spell reflection should reflects a full damage of spells, except chaos bolt? I found a videos with shadowburn reflect and seems like it's 1 to 1 damage or close to that.

(5.0.5 patch, ~129k shadowburn)

And another one:

(5.4.x patch, probably prideful gear)

As we see there in combat log, reflected shadowburn hit for ~200k.

Edited by Neff
Yes, but there is two spells reflected (incinerate and chaos bolt). It's a weird that incinerate hit for 49k and chaos bolt 57k, they are never so close in damage (especially with dmg procs).

So, maybe spell reflection should reflects a full damage of spells, except chaos bolt? I found a videos with shadowburn reflect and seems like it's 1 to 1 damage or close to that.

(5.0.5 patch, ~129k shadowburn)

And another one:

Maybe Cb scales not insanely high with SP while inc. Is? Just an idea because maybe the reflected dmg gets calculated with the warriors SP

Edited by Noneedholy
1. http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=23920/spell-reflection#changelog

2. How it works on pandawow: Spell Reflection reflects 1 to1 the dmg the caster would have done

3. How it should work: Spell Reflection does NOT reflect the full dmg back to the caster.

4. 27March 2016

5. Fun

6. 9/10 , warriors overall are the doom of this server, every nerf counts

7. Proof;

( THIS IS SEASON 14 BTW )as you can clearly see the warlock gets a 57k reflected chaos bolt, (yes i know it was affected by unending resolve) , but it's plainfully obvious that he would have hitted alot harder than that since he had 4/5 dmg procs/use on use up(so around 192~without tailor proc). You can check chaos bolt dmg at the start of the vid (battle stance doe) still makes it look pretty obvious.

Proof that it's 1:1 on pwow

http://i.imgur.com/NWAfA56.jpg

edit* if anyone knows how it gets calculated - much appreciated :), i never cared about how it was calculated on retail but in the days were warriors would ask why it's not 1 to 1 i have in my mind that it is not affected by pvp power mastery etc. So the warrior would cast the spell himself without spellpower, mastery etc.

Edit* maybe it's the same value as http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=77606/dark-simulacrum . I could be wrong tho.

there is a special stone in the head which also reflects the spell http://db.pandawow.me?item=76890

it can be activated multiple times

this is a passive proc

+ two reflections if you choose the right talent

Edited by Roll

b079993dc606fa342f6557f87e1b0a5f.png

This is recount from 3v3 only. So people had stuff like deff stance, shields glyphs or w/e.

200k is without procs pretty much.. Cobrak had proc trinket+enchant up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118060[/ATTACH]

As you can see this is completely self buffed 550 geared shadowburn crit.

It's a weird that incinerate hit for 49k and chaos bolt 57k

I agree, didn't even pay attention to that.

Could do up to 350k in s15 with some buffs like mastery.

Edited by Autschbatsch
Maybe Cb scales not insanely high with SP while inc. Is?

e5b945d2d922d2e3c50b94b2ad8b4ec8.png

I mean yea mastery scales insane with Chaos compared to incinerate as you can see in here. It's really hard to tell which modifier is off... is there no way to ask a blizzard employee?

I think destro is the only caster where mastery grants direct dmg increase;

Shadow has a chance to double a DoT tick, ele has proc chance to dupe spells aswell, frost mage mastery increases icicle dmg + water ele dmg, fire mage mastery gives a dot after crits, arcance gives more SP when having more mana, boomy; "bonus dmg from eclipse"..... so well don't blame me to NOT* know every class to it's roots, instead you could share your knowledge and help me.

Edited by Autschbatsch

Well I don't know I can't proof it, can't find any formula. You can close the thread until I will make a new one/anyone finds something.

The only thing I can deliver is visual proof that I am right.

996dc881111e64ede7d9aa799b361a69.gif

5ebb98ba9c3f3ef84375a5b2a81f1d25.jpg

Obvious comparison to Chaos Dmg on the target in the same game/gear. Had trinket up insted of Dark Soul here.

7c87a50aadaf0a055898677b3dc45302.png

Edited by Autschbatsch

Well there's basically a 2 case scenario with the formulas.

First one is, Spell Reflect acting like Denounce. Whenever you used Denounce on a warlock and he casted a chaos bolt afterwards, it would take away all the crit and make it hit really weak. I think this is the more likely one, but spell reflect doesn't reduce any crit?

Second one is, chaos bolt takes into account double resilience for whatever reason.

Well there's basically a 2 case scenario with the formulas.

First one is, Spell Reflect acting like Denounce. Whenever you used Denounce on a warlock and he casted a chaos bolt afterwards, it would take away all the crit and make it hit really weak. I think this is the more likely one, but spell reflect doesn't reduce any crit?

Second one is, chaos bolt takes into account double resilience for whatever reason.

Warrior reflects are 100% of the dmg, no matter which spell, the bug is on reflect value not on chaos bolts no?

Shadowburn always hitted alot harder than Chaos Bolt. You found a vid of prideful gear. Sorry that I seem to spam the forum but I want to clarify and proof what I mean.

This one here is season13 tyrannical gear. ( Just a number example )

https://i.gyazo.com/bbbde9a848f26f405dea5ed60ddb58bc.gif *click My burn was able to crit 190k almost and mastery+spellpower was ALOT lower.

I just was looking for a Shadowburn example, cause it could be the "ember consuming spells" which does not get calculated. Maybe I can find a shadowburn reflect.

I don't know why but I found some 1:1 reflects with shadowburn on retail aswell. You see it in the post below.

Edited by Autschbatsch

https://i.gyazo.com/828bdc6c16132d79094554b878a87a04.gif

A non proc non Darksoul CB below a screen from the gif ( reflected ) just look at the gif first

91dc60219b90a4bf746850b0d94b3e9c.png

- - - Updated - - -

What the actual F is this Chaos? Frost hast some weird buffs up ^^

You can't do more than 260k in 550 and alot of partybuffs.

Edited by Autschbatsch
What the actual F is this Chaos? Frost hast some weird buffs up ^^

You can't do more than 260k in 550 and alot of partybuffs.

Lol that was a while ago, before green fire was fixed here. I was also using my new ninja'd immerseus trinket(SoO was just released back then)+ my pvp proc trinket.

We were testing reflect+buffs up. When I used all my cds and he used all of his(reck+banner+procs etc), I'd chaos into his reflect and it'd hit for even more damage. Not supposed to be like that but was pretty fun oneshotting myself :p

• 3 weeks later...