[Suggestion] Pandawow Real-ID system

Firestarter

Hey there, i was thinkin yesterday the Battle.net Real-Id system. Means adding people via E-Mail or Battletag and whenever this person is online you will see him. Doesnt matter on which character or w/e.

That would look like this :

http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2011/07/580crossrealmgroup.jpg

If you wanna add people :

http://i.imgur.com/PzDntiz.png

What is that Real-Id thingy in the first place ?

Real Names for Friends

Real ID friends will appear under their real-life names on the friends list, when chatting, communicating in-game, or viewing a character's profile. Real ID friends can also see who's on each other's Real ID friends list.

There is no way to turn off the sharing of real names yet. Caution is advised when using Real ID.

Cross-Realm and Cross-Game Chat

With Real ID, friends can chat cross-realm and cross-faction in World of Warcraft, and across other Blizzard games such as StarCraft II.

Rich Presence

Additional info is displayed on the friends list about what Real ID friends are up to in supported games in real time.

Broadcasts

Broadcasts a short status message for all Real ID friends to see.

Friend Once, See All Characters

Real ID friends will automatically see all of each other's characters on their friends list - even characters created in other Blizzard games.

-source : wowwiki

The only feature that would not work is the cross realm invite thingy i guess. But for me it's only important to be able to add people via e-mail so you see whenever this person is online. Doesnt matter on which character.

What are the pro's and the con's ?

Actually i don't really think that there are con's for this idea since it's up to you if you add people with your e-mail adress or not.

But positive is ofc that you don't need a Guild anymore to have all your mates together. Also it would help alot to have all your mates together on a friendlist not like in a guild where they are forced to be in only 1 guild.

I'm pretty sure it's possible, even if you need to do it a bit custom. But this is how it was on retail and so on it's a blizzlike suggestion. It would be awesome if someone could give it a try and maybe think about it.

Would like to know some opinions from the community & staff about that topic.

-

Off-topic, spam, insult comments etc, will be deleted.

Edited by Firestarter
  • Like 20

Hey there, i was thinkin yesterday the Battle.net Real-Id system. Means adding people via E-Mail or Battletag and whenever this person is online you will see him. Doesnt matter on which character or w/e.

That would look like this :

http://images.v-media.eu/vanioneu/realID_xRealm_invite(1).jpg

If you wanna add people :

http://openraid.org/file/Battletag8.png

What is that Real-Id thingy in the first place ?

-source : wowwiki

The only feature that would not work is the cross realm invite thingy i guess. But for me it's only important to be able to add people via e-mail so you see whenever this person is online. Doesnt matter on which character.

What are the pro's and the con's ?

Actually i don't really think that there are con's for this idea since it's up to you if you add people with your e-mail adress or not.

But positive is ofc that you don't need a glyph anymore to have all your mates together. Also it would help alot to have all your mates together on a friendlist not like in a guild where they are forced to be in only 1 guild.

I'm pretty sure it's possible, even if you need to do it a bit custom. But this is how it was on retail and so on it's a blizzlike suggestion. It would be awesome if someone could give it a try and maybe think about it.

Would like to know some opinions from the community & staff about that topic.

But there are lot of people using random emails , with this i mean that emails don't even exist

• Like 1

But there are lot of people using random emails , with this i mean that emails don't even exist

It doesn't matter. As long as the email corresponds to their account name, it should be fine.

I find it very hard to believe that they're capable of doing something like this because it's beyond standard coding - to this day, I haven't seen any private server with anything similar.

Well it's completly possible but yeah no idea if Pandawow gonna make such a big project like this. That is connected with alot of work.

everything is possible, but its not easy. if it was, every server would already have this function.

everything is possible, but its not easy. if it was, every server would already have this function.

Exactly, not to say that this isn't a great idea.

Lmao imagine if they somehow connected it to their WoD project too... So you could see if your friend is online @ WoD while online on mop... imagine... o_o

Exactly, not to say that this isn't a great idea.

Lmao imagine if they somehow connected it to their WoD project too... So you could see if your friend is online @ WoD while online on mop... imagine... o_o

If they would build up their own network like "battle.net" it vould work easily. The biggest problem is to script all that shit in game

Maybe it would be possible to take the forum names for example ? Like grab the names out of the forum database ? just an idea.

I guess account names won't work since i bet you don't want to let everyone know whats ur account name ... Yeah a new table for the names or just take the forum names for example :3

maybe warmane have it already, they have the vmap working just fine (the pet's/npc dont go into a wall, they do the full way until reach u), dunno,pwow cant fix game bugs,class bugs, i dont believe they gonna add ''cosmetic'' stuff like that 1, i do like the idea, but the reality about that idea we all know where it will end.

maybe warmane have it already, they have the vmap working just fine (the pet's/npc dont go into a wall, they do the full way until reach u), dunno,pwow cant fix game bugs,class bugs, i dont believe they gonna add ''cosmetic'' stuff like that 1, i do like the idea, but the reality about that idea we all know where it will end.

Unfortunately I believe you're right, PandaWoW's prioritises is all those major class and game bugs, like class spells, Tol'viron Arena etc, so if PandaWoW do decided to add this feature then it probably won't happen untill all those major bugs are fixed first.

I have no idea though, this is just a personal guess.