A plea to the Administration.

Hello, I'm making this thread on the behalf of all QA testers. We as QA testers have a heavy weight on our shoulders, we've been asked to test bugs before they hit Live servers on a PTR server, which most of us did ask for, but most of us didn't necessarily ask to be PUT into the QA team. It's not really too much of a hassle to logon PTR and test bug fixes, but it is a hassle expecting us to do it for FREE. We've the burden of being actual PANDAWOW STAFF on ourselves, and just as any other Pandawow staff, we'd like to ask for some payment at the end of the month. This can be negotiable of course, weather it will be $ payment, bonuses payment, what the administration decides of course.

We're here for the server first, we want a nice clean MoP server for out own selfish reasons, so we can actually play on it, and make it be like retail, that is our goal, for every single English speaking QA tester I can vouch for this. It would only be fair if we got rewarded just as the other branches of Pandawow staff.

I don't intend to write big paragraphs here, but all I can say is that we are investing a lot of time and energy into improving the PvP experience of Pandawow. We all have our own lifes, and I personally check in everyday and give a quick look over all bug sections, report every bug that is more than just a visual bug that I notice in my gameplay, (that's the main reason I stream to have VoDs to double check bugs etc.)

The russian community does not seem to appreciate our efforts however, which makes me demotivated to invest time into smaller bugs sometimes.

I'm proud of the progress Pandawow made, but it feels weird to do this for nothing. All I get is shit talk from random forum users and ingame :3

*edit Testing mostly gets done by Repitch. But 80% of reports are russian so I can't anyway.

Cheers

Edited by Autschbatsch
  • Game Masters

The russian community does not seem to appreciate our efforts however, which makes me demotivated to invest time into smaller bugs sometimes.

This happens with every staff member not only with QA testers even if you can't see it sometimes. I recommend you guys to ignore them and keep it chill because we all know that even if everything is perfect in our server people will still complain.

Anyway, on topic now I believe that it would be fair for you guys to get the same payment with live pandawow testers or maybe Zeox should give you both positions (pandawow tester & QA tester) so you can get the same payment with them. Just a thought from me.

But 80% of reports are russian so I can't anyway.

^ This exactly. Would help alot if there would be some1 who could translate it or something .. I mean yeah some bugs are understandable if translated with google translate but others are just similar to hieroglyphs.

I think milo made a good point here ... Just another question, what exactly is a "Pandawow tester" ? I thought that's pretty much the definition of QA

• Game Masters

I think milo made a good point here ... Just another question, what exactly is a "Pandawow tester" ? I thought that's pretty much the definition of QA

They have a different job from QA testers. Their job is to login live servers find bugs, report them at forums and then of course developers need to fix those bugs. You and all QA testers did pretty much the same thing in the past without payment so as you understand there is a difference between QA tester and pandawow tester.

Atm there is only one pandawow tester Dcforeva which still got his title -> http://imgur.com/a/SsEYK