Pandawow - Problems and Chances - Discussion

Autschbatsch

So, I just observed what is going on on pandawow the last couple of months and saw lots of good stuff getting done:

*Most classes seem to enjoy a fairly bug-free experience these days due devs actually taking our priorities serious

*Logs to prevent absurd wintrading - which has been rioted from me got implemented - seem to work almost as they should

*Solo Q 1v1 has been implemented - seems to be a success

*Solo Q 3v3 - should get implemented with the next major update and will hopefully increase overall population

*A community Discord - with more practical communication

*Many more things that are rather minor but still good

Now, the question is, what is left which is really holding Pandawow back?

I haven't seen any forum activity in ages really, and I feel like there are still obstacles to overcome.

Feel free to address constructive feedback about what is actually still a big obstacle in your opinion.

My opinion:

I have been playing Pandawow for over 2 years now, and it's getting hard to tell what is different from retail since I am so used to play Pandawow exclusively. But what I know for sure is that when I got here fresh from the retail experience I noticed an obvious difference in pressure some classes can perform, warrior in particular.

Why do we not see retail combs on Pandawow?

Why are there only Warrior-based teams in 3s?

Why are there no combs like GodComb, Thug, Jungle, RMD and many, many more?

To me this is the biggest issue of Pandawow at this point, there is just no variety on high MMR. People just play bugged shit instead of trying to have fun. This just ruins the experience of everyone it feels like to me.

So if anyone knows some nerds out there that might know a trick or two about things like this I'd reward his efforts with generousness.

I am willing to transfer 550 Warlocks to people that can provide any kind of Bug-Reports/Coding insights addressing more complex formulas/stealth-nerfs etc. from retail. Anyone with in-depth knowledge would be welcome to help here!

This thread is not living up to my standards by any means but I felt like putting something out there because to me it's important to keep things going.

Cheers

Edited by Autschbatsch
  • Like 1

there is just no variety on high MMR. People just play bugged shit instead of trying to have fun. This just ruins the experience of everyone it feels like to me.

back in the days when i joined the server (pve season) the variety of comps in high mmr was awesomely high, any comp was able to win a match, all depended on how you used your cd's and not on how many time u can spam cc till dampening long ass games, most of comps where 2 dps classes (alot of diferent combinations and specs where playable in arena)

during pve season and pvp seasons i've always played random comps and won alot of matches, tryed to not go with heals or usual comps and ye, its way more fun to play the game like that

I just stopped playing here because was always the same, high rating matches = mage/war + heal till dampening +10min match (boring asf)

Conclusion:

im sorry but the game became boring due to no variety on arena comps at high rating, always seeing the same comps/classes

Edited by Pujoh

Why do we not see retail combs on Pandawow?

Why are there only Warrior-based teams in 3s?

Why are there no combs like GodComb, Thug, Jungle, RMD and many, many more?

Because bugged comps holds those comps back by a lot. I've seen god comp on pandawow vs random WMD. they just go through evey cooldown, even when the GD's rdruid spam heals...

Another thing to point out is that certain people are just too damn F-ing bad to play anything other than LSD 1/2/3, but that has nothing to do with comps though, just skill level of the player(s)

1. all depended on how you used your cd's and not on how many time u can spam cc till dampening long ass games

2. I just stopped playing here because was always the same, high rating matches = mage/war + heal till dampening +10min match (boring asf)

1. That's 2v2, everyone is focusing on 3v3 now.

2. http://i.imgur.com/q9kDRWt.png Where is the 10 mins games you talked about?

Imo the reason why we dont see these other comps is not cuz everyone just plays "bugged" comps its mostly cuz some comps are just harder and requires coms.Like no joke there are 2-3 teams that play with coms most just dont so everyone just plays whats easy.

EDIT // :

Ive seen a good jungle just completly farm WM/x teams really easily but jungle is harder to play than WMS so most ppl dont bother n just que easier shit

Edited by Flow

You don't see these comps cause its a private server where 95% of the playerbase plays casually.

I bet 90% of the 3s teams in pwow don't even use voice . How are you gonna play comps that require a setup like godcomp, thug etc without voice ?? XDD

No matter how broken WMX is , if there are not enough tryhards that use voice (aka people that play the bracket as its supposed to be played ) then yeah WMX will dominate.

Pwow had the golden chance 2-3 months ago with the "retail wave" to dramatically increase its competition , but I guess they fucked that up cause they were too slow .

HOW TO FIX THE SERVER : a) Fix every high priority bug in the server , b) get the devs to communicate even more with the community (mainly through discord) c) invite all the retail fags for one last time or people from other servers when everything is ready so they might stay this time.

There is not a secret formula or trick to success . Just promote a well made product out to the market .

Edited by podara33

Kind of ridiculous to say that you don't see variety only cause of voice, not everyone just forfeits their spec/class just because it's not as good without voice.

It has been like this since ever. And ironically most LSD's/WLS/MLS players used voice for some reason^^

- - - Updated - - -

HOW TO FIX THE SERVER : a) Fix every high priority bug in the server ' date=' b) get the devs to communicate even more with the community (mainly through discord) c) invite all the retail fags for one last time or people from other servers when everything is ready so they might stay this time.[/quote']

Pretty much ignored my whole post. Bugs are not the issue anymore really. ( Mechanics ) - Fear pathing should be fixed with the update. Only MMR and such are left.

• Like 1

HOW TO FIX THE SERVER

Update the Core finally to 5.4.8 to get rid of these random bugs (warrior&dk etc dmg in generall)

Our 5.4.7 core is just obslet

That's just how it is.... Warriors are fine everywhere else just not on Pandawow even tho we've prob the most bugfixes from all the servers out there.

• Like 1

Kind of ridiculous to say that you don't see variety only cause of voice, not everyone just forfeits their spec/class just because it's not as good without voice.

It has been like this since ever. And ironically most LSD's/WLS/MLS players used voice for some reason^^

I used "voice" as an example to mention that people don't tryhard enough when they play 3s or they are just bad to outplay a 3s comp , IN MISTS OF PANDARIA .

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much ignored my whole post. Bugs are not the issue anymore really. ( Mechanics ) - Fear pathing should be fixed with the update. Only MMR and such are left.

Well then you know whats the problem ----> playerbase .

But before we make a fail attempt to invite new players , lets make sure the server works properly so they don't leave insta, you know...

And yeah pandawow has a bad reputation regarding bugs, pqr abusers etc.

And yeah pandawow has a bad reputation regarding bugs' date=' pqr abusers etc.[/quote']

Well, PQR is used by lots of people, we all know that by now. There are not to many bugs to abuse really these days which is nice.

I heard that they permabann for solid Botting/DDosing/Wintrading-proof on other realms but that won't happen here :x

My suggested solution is to get a proper 5.4.8 Core and let people voluntary work on it & find bugs + report them. When it's ready to go (when there are almost no bugs anymore) we're ready to bring it live.

I've been testing bugs since 2014 here same goes for people such as repitch and Neff. It's clear that Warrior / DK / WW or several other classes DMG / offhealing is bugged on Pandawow. I could even start a poll and most people would agree probably. There are NO BUGS anymore to find which could fix that. On other servers with a 5.4.8 Core these classes are doing proper DMG and working fine... even tho no one reports or fixes shit lol

That's imo the only and best solution how to fix this issue. Literally everyone who came from retail came to us and asked us whats wrong with Warrior dmg...

• Like 2

My suggested solution is to get a proper 5.4.8 Core and let people voluntary work on it & find bugs + report them. When it's ready to go (when there are almost no bugs anymore) we're ready to bring it live.

I've been testing bugs since 2014 here same goes for people such as repitch and Neff. It's clear that Warrior / DK / WW or several other classes DMG / offhealing is bugged on Pandawow. I could even start a poll and most people would agree probably. There are NO BUGS anymore to find which could fix that. On other servers with a 5.4.8 Core these classes are doing proper DMG and working fine... even tho no one reports or fixes shit lol

That's imo the only and best solution how to fix this issue. Literally everyone who came from retail came to us and asked us whats wrong with Warrior dmg...

exactly this.

pandawow has come to the point where u don't have any major bugs other than wrong formulas for some classes. trashmane is 5.4.8 and they got warrior damage scripted fine. freakz got many bugs, but they are 5.4.8 and warriors do proper damage there.

pandawow is 5.4.7 with custom added 5.4.8 things and it's just a mess. only issue right now on pwow is tbh formulas... (before some of u guys quote me saying thats bs, heisenberg even knows it's 5.4.7) 756b5646a8149dd4bf284fb14b3f659e.png

Edited by Repitchx

Tell me what was changed in warriors damage from 5.4.7 to 5.4.8 and we will fix it. With proofs & blue posts.

Ok.

Blue posts:

http://meson.ad-l.ink/7ZGRmbcB2/image.png

[spoiler=Your turn]http://polariton.ad-l.ink/8wNn87cNx/image.png

-------

http://meson.ad-l.ink/65FYbKBSM/image.png

• Like 1

Tell me what was changed in warriors damage from 5.4.7 to 5.4.8 and we will fix it. With proofs & blue posts.

pls delete warriors,brat.

Разработчик мог фиксы официально не объявлять. Только проверить это,наверное,уже не возможно.

Edited by чокнутый

I'm pretty sure there was a 10% damage stealth nerf to warriors at 5.4.8 because in 5.4.7 they started getting ridicolus.

Maybe if we update the core then warrior damage will just get fixed cause of the patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Imo the reason why we dont see these other comps is not cuz everyone just plays "bugged" comps its mostly cuz some comps are just harder and requires coms.Like no joke there are 2-3 teams that play with coms most just dont so everyone just plays whats easy.

EDIT // :

Ive seen a good jungle just completly farm WM/x teams really easily but jungle is harder to play than WMS so most ppl dont bother n just que easier shit

Jungle should fuck WMD sideways every day of the week, you just gotta keep your hunter alive and it's gg.

I'm pretty sure there was a 10% damage stealth nerf to warriors at 5.4.8 because in 5.4.7 they started getting ridicolus.

Maybe if we update the core then warrior damage will just get fixed cause of the patch..

Holy shit, exactly. This will legit fix it. An updated 5.4.8 core = fixes all the stealth nerfs/buffs, at least the majority of them, like warrior damage for instance.

Edited by Repitchx

Holy shit, exactly. This will legit fix it. An updated 5.4.8 core = fixes all the stealth nerfs/buffs, at least the majority of them, like warrior damage for instance.

Please update it, it's so worth it.

Add enhance dmg there aswell.