Deterrence + Stuns simultaneously

akuyama

ur 100% wrong,you could never chastise someone in deter or attack them in deter even if a deep/cheapshot happens to hit them cuz of massive delay(which is why it happens on pandawow,not because its supposed to),you could only axe toss or death coil them in deter and attack them because det would bug out because of the travel time of the spell...also ur only able to get hit by ranged attacks when this occurs

It's the same as using feral charge as feral to basically run at the hunter and get a pounce on him even if you're on top of his flare, or a rogue shadow stepping and getting a cheapshot without breaking his stealth.

That worked on retail cause of timing, same with deter.

Also something else I'd just like to throw out here: I have cast a Greater Heal / Flash Heal and at the same time that the spell completes casting and finishes/becomes successful, my partner has ran out of LoS around the pillar, the heal visually looks like it finishes and also uses mana!! but does not heal him, he receives no healing, there's no combat log record of a heal happening on him, mana is taken, the spell looks successful but it's as if my partner has "melded" my heal by LoSing me, perhaps this information can better improve somebodies theory as to why this Deterrence scenario occurs

Isn't that the bug when spells don't go off when your target is hugging the pillar and goes around it ?

I don't know if that is still a thing , but it was reported for sure.

I'm pretty sure it was reported and fixed, I haven't noticed a single occurrence of this happening once in over a year, but while writing my previous post it for some reason came to my mind and I thought I'd write it down for people to think about in relation to why Deterrence behaves in such a way with CC, probably entirely unrelated though

So what you are saying its bugged is that its not working? Like deep > into deterrence should get dmg and its not getting?

Here on pandawow you can get cced while in deterrence .

The report is about taking damage when that happens while deterrence is up which is not the case on pwow .

Here on pandawow you can get cced while in deterrence .

The report is about taking damage when that happens while deterrence is up which is not the case on pwow .

Also in the video that zeox link, there is a proof that you are able to get cc under deter, but what might be wrong is the delay time to arrive the cc correctly.

• Administrators

I'm going to fix DEFLECT mechanic, it's impossible to deflect a spell while confused/feared/stunned as I've noticed.

And another thing is - hit CC to deterrence, but it's not related to any mechanics, it's just ping/delay issues, so it can happen randomly.

this is a bug that was present on retail,in all reality no cc should ever hit you in deterrence other than axe toss/mortal coil if you deter too late,and surely no harmful spells should work on you,but hey if you wanna implement a retail BUG that is gonna ruin the weakest defensive cooldown in the game even more,go ahead,just dont wonder why ur server is dying considering ur fixing things that shouldnt even be "fixed" instead of focusing on important things :)

• Administrators
this is a bug that was present on retail,in all reality no cc should ever hit you in deterrence other than axe toss/mortal coil if you deter too late,and surely no harmful spells should work on you,but hey if you wanna implement a retail BUG that is gonna ruin the weakest defensive cooldown in the game even more,go ahead,just dont wonder why ur server is dying considering ur fixing things that shouldnt even be "fixed" instead of focusing on important things :)

Nah, it has some logic. Character can't deflect a spell while he is in CC, the same is that you can't parry when target is behind you. So looks like blizzlike mechanic. And it's related only to SPELL_DAMAGE_CLASS_MAGIC.

• Like 2