Rating/MMR Gains [Updated]

Worstworld

People that actually have a life support a more retail-like MMR system, the time is now.

Trying to push rating for someone like me seems like a pure waste of time, because I don't have the time to farm random pleb teams from brasil every single day unlike "high rated" players. This is a big bug for the competitive scene of arena.

With the current MMR system a lot of people don't even bother to play ranked 3s for that reason, which is really unhealthy for the server for obvious reasons.

Edited by Autschbatsch

People that actually have a life support a more retail-like MMR system, the time is now.

Trying to push rating for someone like me seems like a pure waste of time, because I don't have the time to farm random pleb teams from brasil every single day unlike "high rated" players. This is a big bug for the competitive scene of arena.

With the current MMR system a lot of people don't even bother to play ranked 3s for that reason, which is really unhealthy for the server for obvious reasons.

I know right? And I don't understand why would it be hard to make few changes, test them to see if they're legit or not. If they are legit, they can keep them. If not, they can always dismiss them. That's what the QA servers are for.

I bet every pvp player would upvote this ,but not so many of them using forum. MMR-System is the key to balance the ladder more,because honestly this is ridiculous people who hasnt got time to play have to grind a complet day to get to 1.5k. In lower mmr its scaling like you are in 3k.So basically this would change everything. I dont know why its cannot be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
it's important.

and it's complex.

So far I've not seen anybody having a clue how it actually should be looking like.

Idk what you people are expecting, but for me it seems more possible to just borrow wow-circle's mmr system.

it looks more proper than our current.

there you gain rating according to mmr that you're playing at and it's possible to get 2.8 in just 30 games. here it feels like i'm already playing at 2500 and it takes ages to climb even at 2.2.

- - - Добавлено - - -

btw, I feel like we're playing with WotLK system, not with Cata/MoP.

Edited by behindqq

And what this fix will change? That Akuyama or someone else will have 4000+ rating in the end of season? I just don't understand. It's not mechanic things, it's not balance things, it's just raiting gain. ALL players in the same conditions and receive the same amount of rating as you.

Well he got solid proofs and its true i've been following high rated players from retail nd watching retail ladder most of them has 2.2 40wins 2.4 60wins ( can be higher if the player lose's) ,so the best way to do it is when u lose to lower mmr comp u get like -50 or 40 and if u win a higher mmr comp u can get over 50 point... This must be fixed.

And Also this is an important problem https://imgur.com/a/0Pu67 ive lost only 3 games on 3v3 since started quein and i'm 1.4 with 30 wins hows that possible ive been getting 10 12 sometimes lower rate per wingame even lower than 1.5mmr THIS MUST BE FIXED !!!

Edited by hamzalagab

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Fixed, will be applied after update.

What I want to say here: No one can have 100% blizz-like calculation alghoritm of MMR gain/reduce rating system. But we've made a big analys based on videos from retail (mop) on different rating (from 1k to 3k), from that we've generated graphics to see addictions. After this we've reworked our current system to make it ALMOST blizz-like, I mean now it gives almost the same rating as it was on retail. Maybe sometimes it will give more than should be, but the difference will be very low.

This system still in TESTING phase, we will investigating your feedbacks. So, please, after update try to test it and tell us what do you think about it.

If something will be wrong, we will make changes to it. Our main goal - have blizz-like MMR gain/reduce rating system till the next arena season.

Also I want to publish our tests that were made on OLD and NEW systems , just to let you compare it:

OLD / NEW:

• 1400 vs 1400: +12 / +48.
  • 1400 vs 1700: +18 / +71.
  • 2000 vs 2200: +16 / +37.
  • 2500 vs 2500: +12 / +20.

• Like 12