Randomly high ping for several people after the host moved

Noneedholy

Hey there. Alot of people were messaging me about them getting a high ping after few arenas (or bg's). They encountered that problem right after Pandawow moved their host to a new location. Now i want to apply a well known method to solve the problem for people on here: Running a traceroute

Now traceroute is a network tool used to determine the path packets take from one IP address to another. Or let say it traces the path from one network to another. However, that could help finding a solution for these player.

All i need to know is which ip adress we have to head for. Can i take the IP out of the realmlist ? Since no one did anything about this lag issue i would be glad if anyone could help.

Aswell as i would need an IP to start an pathping.

The results would just be posted in here or in the technical section, as you want.

From what i know its already enough to trace logon.pandawow.ru. Now since im not sure i just wanted to ask here. We would also need someone from the staff who could evaluate the results. Not sure which person on here could help us out.

Edited by Noneedholy
  • Like 1

here are the traceroute results + tests done with winMTR (adviced by noneed)

vKxCnnu.png

XE7VK11.png

Should note that usually cross realm connection is less stable (getting 5-30s lag spikes) than it was doing this test (had 2s at most), even though it was still far from great.

The issue doesn't appear playing any other games or different mop servers (even if Im using the same client)

Here's a longer description on how the problem looks from my side (as a player)

I que up for arena

Play 2-3 games with perfectly stable ms

Then on my 3rd - 4th game I'll start getting really laggy

while I'm lagging I either have delay on what's happening (people standing near the pillar, in my line of sight, on my screen but I'm not able to hit them) OR everything completely freezes for awhile, then speeds up to the present and keeps repeating (as I mentioned 5-30 second lag spikes, that just keep happening until I obviously lose the arena)

Once either of these 2 starts happening, I won't be lagging outside arena (most of the time at least) but as soon as the arena game starts it will start again.

I've tried:

• Deleting cache
  • Disabling all the addons
  • Fixing my characters on the site
  • Flushing dns
  • Reinstalling the client
  • Playing with the launcher / playing without the launcher
  • Playing through a different client (warmane)
  • Playing on a different computer (same IP)
  • Playing from a different IP & a different computer (same internet provider)

Problem happens on every account I play and has been happening ever since Pandawow moved it's host

Edited by Lefap

Can confirm. Played with him on everal other Mop server & other games, never saw him lagging out or anything. But as soon as we start playing Pandawow he randomly walks on place for 20 seconds after 2-3 arenas. I couldn't see a packet loss aswell which really wonders me. Maybe these results tell you anything zeox.

according to netstat -a -n

realmd: 186.2.166.210:3724

world:

91.235.137.58:12504 (fun/cross server)

91.235.137.65:15251 (x100 server)

thanks for the reply, will try. Wouldn't it also be better to check the world server instead of the login server when you are lagging ingame ? Since logon.pandawow.ru/en is the login server i might try one of your ip's linked

Not sure tho, i thought the login servers are good enough but there are no interruptions or pct losses at all while having 30 sec lags. Seems fishy to me

Since this issue occurs mostly on cross it might be useful to tracert the crossrealm IP

Edited by Noneedholy