Please fix arcane mages!

uraganuu

Hello,

I'm a fully geared fire mage who just got 3shot by an arcane mage in 2 seconds.

I was in BG, having 650k HP and a 150k absorb shield on me. I got hit by 169k Ice Lance and a 480k Arcane barrage, and then another 160k Ice Lance that went into overkill....

Now, I know this isn't intended, but I want to clarify wether this is a bug or an exploit. Wich is it? To clarify, this wasn't in Kotmogu and the mage wasn't even bursting.

Anyone else experienced these numbers?

I was deeped but only at the first ice lance, that hit me for 169k. That's ridiculous! My mage does max 60k ice lance as Fire, frost mages do anywhere from 50k to 90k....and this guy was hitting 170k.

I don't know wether the whole spec is bugged or the guy was using some exploit, but this ice lance damage is far from natural for an instant cast spell. Also, Barrage hitting almost 500k? That's higher then Shadowburn in most situations, lol....and it's insta cast :(

What do you mean they are fine. http://forums.nexusmods.com/uploads//profile/photo-5495410.jpg?_r=1405964236

http://i.imgur.com/gmaJ5hl.png?1

PS: I am too lazy to find 49k ticks with living bomb with malevalent set mage. As arcane

Edited by spbel

I just switched to arcane for a quick test, my living bomb does 3x more dmg in arcane spec then in fire spec. That's 3x. Same problem with mastery not scaling correctly, I think. We've had this before 5.4.8 aswell....:(

We had it every patch :)) last time I checked on fun, my barrages did around 300k :-? I didn't have berserk or anything from bg, just in duel. You get 4 stacks, alter, deep, barrage, lancex2, alter, barrage, dead for sure :-? though there's a reason its not viable anywhere else but BGs when it comes to pvp. You have to get the stacks. You usually die on arena before you get 4 stacks :)) Arcane mages should hit hard, but not that hard. Most possibly, as you said mastery is overscaling as fk :-?

They should hit hard because it's the most static out of all mage specs, yea. I hope they get fixed soon.....you rarely see other mages playing anything else then arcane nowadays.

I had to trinket a blanket silence to survive a tyran/griev arcane mage on my 550 fire :( it's so lame

WW's are fun and strong as fk, but you need reaally good teammate to go high rating :D but I love to see people get rekt just from Leg Sweep, into RSK into anything into FoF. Just line it up, and if your target doesn't have trinket, he doesn't even come out of stun

arcane is really bad for pvp, however here's a fast kill rotation: freeze target - > popmp all cds (trink/potions/AP etc) -> Frost Bomb -> Deep Freeze -> 2x Ice Lance and the target should be dead..

Fire Bomb is better on the long run tho

or you could go with that impossible in 1v1 cenario combo: somehow get 4 arcane stacks-> deep freeze -> double Arcane Barage thanks to Alter Time and an Ice Lance

it's way too hard t put any of these during a pvp tho, that's why fire/frost is so much better