Rising Sun Kick / Chi Wave / Fists of Fury / Tiger Strikes (Damage Calculation)

Manofdreads

1- Name of not working spell/quest/npc etc: http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=107428/rising-sun-kick http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=132463/chi-wave http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=113656/fists-of-fury http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=120272/tiger-strikes

2- Description of the problem: Damage calculation for all four of these spells is incorrect my monk (which is full pridefull ) can simply burst, chi wave and rushing jade wind, and watch someone die without me even touching him. Not to mention that rising sun kick damage is VERY random ive been testing it on a mage and sometimes it did 200k, sometimes 300k (i had my proc trinket up both times and all of my agi buffs were the same ) the mage was also full pride, which means he had allot of resil I.e should not take 70% of his health from one spell. Tiger strikes in burst also does 50k damage an auto attack and it literaly spams all of the attacks in one singe hit which does about 200k damage in total .... fists of fury can deal 120k damage a tick which if the ticks were 4 ( cant rly remember ) is 480k damage ! Chi wave crits for 80k on all classes ( since its nature damage ) .

3- How it must work: I have played on retail and i have never seen a monk doing 120k crits with rising sun kick WITHOUT bursting that is insane ! the monk class is already bugged with the paralise sapping for 8 seconds and this ? Monks are suppost to be a very skillfull class that outplay they'r enemies to win not just burst and watch his target die from chi wave and auto attacks in 2 seconds no other class can do that ...

4- Date when you tested it: 8/8/2015

5- Realm: fun

6- Priority: 10/10 Monks are currently VERY broken and this should be fixed as soon as possible !

here are some vids of ww monks in retail watch how the damage they do is nowhere close to what ww monks do here on panda wow

And here is the proof of the insane damage a ww monk can do in our server [ATTACH=CONFIG]88914[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88915[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88916[/ATTACH] Without burst : [ATTACH=CONFIG]88917[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88918[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88919[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88920[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88921[/ATTACH] You can actually see the randomness of rsk in theese pictures sometimes it hits really high sometimes it doesnt i removed my proc trink on the last rsk which did 101 k damage to leather armor that is basicly a loss of 6,725 agi and still critting for 101k without any procs and burst !! EDIT: sorry i was really sleepy last night realised some of the pics dont even have the combat log in Edited by Manofdreads
Will do tommorow ! Also i dont think u should be able to do 95k non crits on MAIL armor remember i have 50% crit without even stacking any crit atm might actually post some pics today aswell we will see

Ofc u should be able to do 95k while procs accured etc etc lel.

Not sure if it's normal to have 50% crit without even stacking? U sure you don't have all crit off set instead of haste? / reforge.

By saying i dont stack is like warrs stack yellow crit gems in all sockets and getting about 31% crit still watch the video i posted i cannot see him doing over 100k rising sun kicks even crits and even in burst ! EDIT : i am about to post pictures asap waiting for a friend to get out of a bg and doing some tests

Put the Vid in max quality and look at his hp bar pics are coming soon im on fun sorry cant come

- - - Updated - - -

Posted all the proof that should be needed and in the video if you look at the monk's max hp he is clearly full pridefull geared and or almost full pride seeing that i have 554k hp and he has 522k i dont rly think that 3-4 pieces can increase your damage with 80k :D

Edited by Manofdreads
Guy is right, WW monks are doing alot more damage then they should be doing. I went full Tyran, agi+haste gems all over, no reforges, on the dummy I do 600k with RSK and 140k ticks on Fists of Fury....this is absurd. My full geared mage does 400k Pyroblasts in full burst on the dummy...
i can see that you guys arent rly believing this so add dropthesoap on fun in friends and just /w me when im on i will just chi wave and rushing jade wind with my back againsts u and watch u die it literaly is like that max chi wave crits i've seen on retail were 40k ish and ive done 100k chi waves xD like really ... if u guys are fine with monks killing you in 2 globals while an actual burst class I.E a fire mage has to actually setup everything and still kills u in 5-6 globals i dont get how exactly all of this is balanced i got to 2k with my monk by insta bursting everytime and just winning .... Edited by Manofdreads
Guy is right, WW monks are doing alot more damage then they should be doing. I went full Tyran, agi+haste gems all over, no reforges, on the dummy I do 600k with RSK and 140k ticks on Fists of Fury....this is absurd. My full geared mage does 400k Pyroblasts in full burst on the dummy...

A few months ago when I sold my first main(~~Nyah) I bought my friend a windwalker monk for his birthday, he doesn't play it anymore so I guess I can borrow it so we can run some tests, are you willing to?

I've played once or twice on the windwalker(his keybinds are just *ugh*, he uses an older version of mine, and now that I look back, they sucked) and the damage is ridiculous, I have no idea how to play a windwalker, but I was just getting procs, rushing jade wind + chi wave + rising sun kick + fists of fury + touch of death, and then GG every match except against classes with an immune(and sometimes they didn't even have time, low mmr, was carrying friends).

• 1 year later...
  • Developers
I can get the formula and all that if you're up for it so I can bring some help.

No, thanks. I have all these formulas. And actually i found the reason, why fists of fury damage is wrong. There should be * 7.5 * 0.89 (or just 6.675) multiplier in formula, while on our server it's only * 7.5. As result, we have ~12-13% increased damage.

• Like 1
No, thanks. I have all these formulas. And actually i found the reason, why fists of fury damage is wrong. There should be * 7.5 * 0.89 (or just 6.675) multiplier in formula, while on our server it's only * 7.5. As result, we have ~12-13% increased damage.

Actually fist does ~ 80% more dmg than on retail...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...