My account has been hacked?...

Hacked

I dont know where else to post this, but my account, which i have put over 1000$ into, and have put alot of time into, has somehow been fucking hacked. I'm extremely worried, the password isnt changed, but all of my macros are gone, binds are changed, email has been changed (how the fuck do you even change the email without my permission)....I'm extremely scared, please help.

Possible scenarios:

1)You shared your account with a "friend" who, in fact, wasn't your friend.

2)You downloaded software online that contained a password sniffing worm for Pandawow. (very unlikely)

3)You were the victim of an actual hack(VERY VERY VERY unlikely)

4)Since the realm merge, several people have stuff missing from their inventory and/or bugged/deleted macros and keybinds(But that doesn't explain the changed email address)

I suggest you tell the full story, as it happened, without leaving any details out. MAYBE you will get an administrator willing to help you. BUT, as the server's policy demands it: The owner of the account is responsible for whatever action taken on his account.

I have never, EVER, shared this account with anybody. Certainly not someone who would use it without asking me. And, I just talked to someone that this person who used my account apparently played with. (I found this out by logging on the only character i found any changed on, the mog was changed, and sure enough the spec was changed, spells in different areas, etc, and i saw a macro for someone named "jeeves". I messaged him, because he was on my friends list (I also had nobody on my friends list previously) and asked him a few questions. Apparently this person just asked him to que 2s with him and went on and on about how the server was garbage, and then left. He said that was 2-3 days ago.) I'm actually quite scared, like I said, I have alot put into this account, and I have no idea how people could have gotten into my account, as i never share my account details with anyone. I'd appreciate if we could solve this.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps you can look into previous ips from this account in the past few days. That might help.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, i just checked the email it was previously under, and i have no emails to confirm an email change on the account, so i have no idea what the fuck is happening.

Are you connected to a LAN where other people also play on this server? It's very easy to install something on a LAN connected computer without the owner even knowing about it.

Anyway, I'm sure an administrator will check the IPs that connected to your account and he'll tell you what most likely happened.

I'm still extremely upset by this, and do hope that this actually gets looked at and fixed, or atleast I get to change my email and password. I cant change the email, because they somehow changed it to theirs, and my password isn't changeable because you guys don't send the email when I've tried to change it in the past. Anyways, this account has a lot put into it, and I do hope that it can be restored to it's rightful owner. Thanks!

Just a note, but you should post proofs that the account is indeed yours, like printscreens and etc.

Well, I can log into it if you'd like, but sure, i'll provide some screenshots.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, my dk is missing, and I have random 700 bonuses. Pretty sure they sold my dk to themselves, or something. Name is Skill.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can just look at who's account "skill" is on now, that'll prolly tell you who it was. They stole my dk. I'm actually so mad about this. What the fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

https://gyazo.com/e20fafc3428c618d1402d2cf08d557ae

Would this work? I took a screenshot of my folder with all of my screenshots in it, with a screenshot showing. I can take more if needed.

Edited by Hacked

Wait for a GM to reply with an admin's response. They will probably look into the IP but I believe that they'll say this is your own fault.

It is possible they will take action, however only time will tell.

Did you download/open a link anyone sent you in the last few days which may seem dodgy? You may have gotten a keylogger.

No, I haven't even downloaded anything for the past few weeks, and I never click links. I don't share my account info, I don't do anything that would put my accounts at risk. It's just a legitimate hack, the way I see it. Hoping somebody will do something about it. If not I guess all that time and money is just gone. My dk alone is worth 200-300$ or more, if you transfer the amount of bonuses to money. And that's gone, unless they can restore it. I'll leave the bonuses on my account, so maybe they can give me the character back and refund whoever bought it their 700 bonuses. I've never had something like this happen to me before, pretty upset.

Check for any rootkits or trojan.

Rootkits is a keylogger e.g Careful for what you download.

I know I don't have any rootkits, trojans, or anything of the sort. I've been investigating and I have a pretty good idea of who it is. It is a legitimate hack, and I need my email and password changed ASAP. I'm hoping my dk can be restored, like I said, i'm holding onto the 800 bonuses, unless they spend them, so you can refund them the 700 they spent to steal my dk. Please, hurry.

Edited by Hacked