Unstable affliction formula is higher than it should

Realm tested - Fun

Date - 15/10/2015

Spell - Unstable Affliction

Description - The spell's final result is higher than it should, check the spoiler for the math.

Overall status

Formula = 2170 + 224% spell power (you can see it in the wowhead page, on th 5.4.0. changelog, also it had a +21% increase in 5.4.0.)

Ticks = 8

My spell power = 18974

Mastery = 45.86%

My pvp power = 31.74%

Warrior’s pvp resilience = 80.00%

Converting the spell power into damage

224% of 18974 = 42501

42501 + 2170 = 44671

Adding mastery

45.86% of 44671 = 20486

44671 + 20486 = 65157 if nothing crits after the effect expire(after 8 ticks)

Per tick = 65157 / 8 = 8144 per tick on a pve mob

Adding PvP Power

31.74% of 8144 = 2584

8144 + 2584 = 10728

Adding resilience

80% of 10728 = 8582

10728 – 8582 = 2146 per tick on a pvp target

Current damage in a mob = 8868, when it should be approximately 8144

Current damage in a player = 2374, when it should be approximately 2146

Note - All done with a 496 ilvl warlock and a 496 ilvl warrior, without gems, enchants and procs.

How it should work - The formula should be applied correctly, I can't tell exactly what is wrong since I would need to see the coefficients in the server database, which is Zeox/Juster's work.

Priority - 9/10, the damage gets only higher and higher with the gear that you get, not mentioning the classic and strong Restoration(shaman)/Affliction comp, which has the +10% spell power and +3000 mastery from the shaman, which increases even more whatever coefficient is wrong with it(probably SP conversion).

Image links

http://i.imgur.com/obxDGFS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VIRPgXh.jpg

Comments - I did a lot of formula tests today, mostly because of Noneedholy's comments towards some spells that he claims to be bugged. Some spells such as Soul Reaper are working as intended, according to my tests.

Edited by Furmetal
  • Like 1
we are in 5.4.8

plus some spells have hidden coef for pvp dmg (e.g. chaos bolt -25%, mage bombs -20% (this one might have a +10% so you need to dig deeper in changelogs))

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Unstable_Affliction

Looked into other sites too.

Also, if there is no changelog, it means that there was no change in the spell.

@Repitchx

I've seen my partner randomly getting one shotted by dispelling it, unstable affliction with a few procs dispell > chaos bolt with only weapon proc.

ah you are already working on it. well done

Hope you can find some more issues

we are in 5.4.8

plus some spells have hidden coef for pvp dmg (e.g. chaos bolt -25%, mage bombs -20% (this one might have a +10% so you need to dig deeper in changelogs))

can people PLEASE stop trying to defend their classes? thanks. Lock is obv op and if you dont agree with us, play minecraft.

And ye well tbh i dont care about soul reaper anymore. It's just the necros. And also the dmg. Maybe i'll free time this weekend to test it

Edited by Noneedholy
@noneedholy,that guy is some troll i can see by his grammar/vocabulary...Anyway it's useless to report this because only ring bug took 7 months to fix,rallying cry 2 years,and this thing will take probably minimum 3-4 so that would be 2 seasons so far.

no its funkabitz / putinlock and he is 100% srs

@noneedholy,that guy is some troll i can see by his grammar/vocabulary...Anyway it's useless to report this because only ring bug took 7 months to fix,rallying cry 2 years,and this thing will take probably minimum 3-4 so that would be 2 seasons so far.

Actually formula fixing is easier than you think, since there is no secret in editing the database, there is a tab called "SpellDamage" or something like that, it's been a while since I had access to a database(~~2 years).

I'll take a look into my computer to see if I still have a repack so I can show you how does it look.