RoF dmg formula

1. http://prnt.sc/bz16xq (from wowhead: http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=5740/rain-of-fire, changelog 5.1.0)

2. Does less dmg than it should by the formula (in destro spec, didn't test if afli formula is correct)

3. Example:

-

If i have 27236 spell power:

27236/4 = 6809 -->(25% of spell power)

267+6809 = 7076

7076 * 8 = 7076x0,8 = 5660p (dmg on a dummy) --> atm does 4245p: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNAm06EXbXc)

-

4. 29 of july 2016

5. fun realm

6. 7/10 The formula was blizzlike before, now not: 2k less dmg with 27k spell power becomes alot more with 40k spell power, and more lose of dmg during burst.

I'll teach you, how to figure out what's wrong with % formulas.

Taking your example calculation:

27236 SP.

27236/4 = 6809 -->(25% of spell power)

267+6809 = 7076

7076 * 8 = 7076x0,8 = 5660p

Finder;

Scale it down to close as the damage you're doing right now, which is 4245

18.5% ( 18.5655% ) of 27236 is 5038.66.

5038.66 + 267 = 5305.66

5305.66* 0.8 = 4244.528

Scale 4244.528 to closest number = 4245.

That's how you find the problem.

The Spell Power bonus is 18.5% and not 25%.

However, what you're doing is just a basic thing, every taco's knows how to do that. One taco minus it's brain = Deport.

nemifust got it

Edited by Señorpujo
Not to sound like a biased Affli or anything, but this should be like 6 or 7/10 because RoF isn't a major damage ability, you often utilize it vs stealth cleaves or just as AoE where 3k more or less doesn't really matter.

Ur not being biased, ur just being honest and correct. This isn't an important ability.

6. 8/10 Every dmg formula should be blizzlike

I see your point but the thing is that rain of fire is not important at all when there are still specs like BM AWar DK in the game. I would rather like to see dk and war fixed asap instead of getting a fix on havoc for example. An actual dk that knows how to optimize dmg can do so much more than dks that read your guide and still outdeal warriors and afflies.

But then again the prio thing is pointless anyway when we all take a look at the "fixed" section. Where there are mostly PvE spells, minor glyphs and useless lore BS getting love.

Edited by Autschbatsch
  • Like 1
I see your point but the thing is that rain of fire is not important at all when there are still specs like BM AWar DK in the game. I would rather like to see dk and war fixed asap instead of getting a fix on havoc for example. An actual dk that knows how to optimize dmg can do so much more than dks that read your guide and still outdeal warriors and afflies.

But then again the prio thing is pointless anyway when we all take a look at the "fixed" section. Where there are mostly PvE spells, minor glyphs and useless lore BS getting love.

Every dk hit is like 10k, 20k crits, 15k and 9k dots in burst, 7k 4k dots non burst, 45k crit hits from gargole, wtf u saying about dk dmg? :/

Ye, i think they should care of fixing first pvp content before pve content.

About 8/10, its because they nerfed the formula randomly, the dmg was higher before, as it should, i showed it with formula on this post.

Edited by Señorpujo
Stop complaining about priority and deffending some classes and blaming others. Who decides the priority is staff' date=' players just give a suggestion.[/quote']

Yea if they would listen to you i would consider to kill myself. Your sentances just make no sense, you are completeley biased and subjective. First you cry like a little ## about RoF generating embers and then you deffend that they should buff the dmg. Of course the dmg should be correct, but it does not have a great impact on arena gameplay, therefore not a 8/10.

Edited by Autschbatsch
Since when rof damage has anything with the % of generation?

First you cry like a little ## about RoF generating embers and then you deffend that they should buff the dmg.

Did i say this in here? Nope

Im saying all reports are reports' date=' you cant say one is lower than other, [u']excluding runic corrupt ofc..[/u]

Stop complaining about priority and deffending some classes and blaming others

You are missing brain cells?

http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2013/01/imgur-t0yfh.gif

Edited by Autschbatsch
  • Like 5
Every bug is important' date=' pujo is just reporting them.[/quote']

delete your life pujo u have no respect to talk about bugs

I don't even wanna be a dick, but I just have the desire to show people what i mean with my statements.

Edited by Autschbatsch
  • Like 3
Yea if they would listen to you i would consider to kill myself. Your sentances just make no sense, you are completeley biased and subjective. First you cry like a little ## about RoF generating embers and then you deffend that they should buff the dmg. Of course the dmg should be correct, but it does not have a great impact on arena gameplay, therefore not a 8/10.

But it has a big impact on bg or pve, cuz rain is for AoE dmg, more AoE dmg = more area preasure

But it has a big impact on bg or pve' date=' cuz rain is for AoE dmg, more AoE dmg = more area preasure[/quote']

Don't always feel offended pujo I was not talking to you there if you didn't got that.

But yea I'm biased that i prioritize Arena>World>PvE since i'd like to believe that people get attracted by a PvP realm to play the most competitive form of PvP -> Arena.

Edited by Autschbatsch
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...