IP Ban - Why not?

Brazilian PVP

Hello everyone. One thing that needs to be urgently discussed is a new punishment system for Cheaters.

The current punishment system is simple and famous ban on the player's account. But this means of punishment does not solve anything.

1) To create a new account on the server, just type something random and then your account already registered.

2) If a Cheat User player is banned, it can simply create a new account and then use the cheat again.

3) The current means of punishment encourages the use of Cheat on the server. But why ?, simple, when a Cheater is banned, it is encouraged to use the Cheat on the server because he knows that he will always be able to create a new account to use the cheat again. For him, it matters little whether he is messing up the game from other players, he knows he will not receive a severe punishment and will continue using the Cheat.

4) The anti-cheat is useless, he can not punish the most Cheat of users, you can see this at any time of the game, Cheat User uses the damn Cheat in front and scorns server.

The server urgently needs a new way of punishment, and the most appropriate is the punishment for IP.

It is not hard to to set the punishment for IP, because until the SAMP (GTA SA Multiplayer, which is a MOD of GTA SA) can ban by IP. Just you, Staff, want.

If the server starts to ban by IP, the quality of the server would increase a lot, it would stimulate the players who have left the server to return to play.

It is notable the fallen server, it is falling gradually, it would be very good start to lift it again, starting with Cheaters.

(Yes, I left the server, but that does not stop me from trying to improves on it)

• Like 1

Hello everyone. One thing that needs to be urgently discussed is a new punishment system for Cheaters.

The current punishment system is simple and famous ban on the player's account. But this means of punishment does not solve anything.

1) To create a new account on the server, just type something random and then your account already registered.

2) If a Cheat User player is banned, it can simply create a new account and then use the cheat again.

3) The current means of punishment encourages the use of Cheat on the server. But why ?, simple, when a Cheater is banned, it is encouraged to use the Cheat on the server because he knows that he will always be able to create a new account to use the cheat again. For him, it matters little whether he is messing up the game from other players, he knows he will not receive a severe punishment and will continue using the Cheat.

4) The anti-cheat is useless, he can not punish the most Cheat of users, you can see this at any time of the game, Cheat User uses the damn Cheat in front and scorns server.

The server urgently needs a new way of punishment, and the most appropriate is the punishment for IP.

It is not hard to to set the punishment for IP, because until the SAMP (GTA SA Multiplayer, which is a MOD of GTA SA) can ban by IP. Just you, Staff, want.

If the server starts to ban by IP, the quality of the server would increase a lot, it would stimulate the players who have left the server to return to play.

It is notable the fallen server, it is falling gradually, it would be very good start to lift it again, starting with Cheaters.

(Yes, I left the server, but that does not stop me from trying to improves on it)

They are not gonna use IP-ban it has been discussed already and if I'm not wrong they aren't able to do it even if they would like atm

• Like 3

Yes, that's true. But I think they run it on the premise that they BOTH have to agree on it. If only one agrees, and the other refuses, it will never happen. But that's just my opinion.

I agree

- - - Updated - - -

They are not gonna use IP-ban it has been discussed already and if I'm not wrong they aren't able to do it even if they would like atm

They need to hire someone able to do it then. Something needs to be done.

As Brickdeleche has so kindly pointed out, this has been discussed already extensively. And I have to agree with him that it's more than likely that even if they wanted to do it, they can't right now. So it's best left at that right now. We'll see what happens in the future.
  • Like 1

As Brickdeleche has so kindly pointed out, this has been discussed already extensively. And I have to agree with him that it's more than likely that even if they wanted to do it, they can't right now. So it's best left at that right now. We'll see what happens in the future.

They need to do something, this server is good, but has so much Cheater discouraging other players.

Future = R.I.P Server

• Like 1

Even if you accept it or na, I'm sorry to tell you that ip-ban is not going to be implemented in this server, at least for now. Only thing you can continue doing is reporting people, but as you said they are going to create a new account and do it again so I wouldn't continue waisting my time on reporting those people. Also most of the chars people report for hacking for example in bgs or hacking Stormwind guards normally delete the char they used so they avoid the ban.
  • Like 2

Even if you accept it or na, I'm sorry to tell you that ip-ban is not going to be implemented in this server, at least for now. Only thing you can continue doing is reporting people, but as you said they are going to create a new account and do it again so I wouldn't continue waisting my time on reporting those people. Also most of the chars people report for hacking for example in bgs or hacking Stormwind guards normally delete the char they used so they avoid the ban.

How long it has been discussed ?, the GMs have done absolutely nothing. It's like you said, if my suggestion is declined, my guild will stop reporting the Cheaters and we will observe the server slowly falling.

But people that can just change his IP in some way i think.

No one solution is perfect, dude. People are always finding ways to get around them, and you end up back at square one. The server will fall only if the good guys doing all the reporting stop reporting cheaters, so even if it's time-wasting, continue to report cheaters anyway.

How long it has been discussed ?, the GMs have done absolutely nothing. It's like you said, if my suggestion is declined, my guild will stop reporting the Cheaters and we will observe the server slowly falling.

You have to find out how the hacks work, then send to Juster or Zeox a guide of how the hack works, and send also the hack so they can directly work with it, and they will fix it in some way. Better to fix the hack than to report 100 hackers no?

Pujo, how's that working for you? You sent one such guide in and they never responded. Even if they managed to fix it, how long would it be before these hackers found new ones that bypass the fixes you suggest? Hackers evolve as much as the fixes to combat them do, maybe even twice as fast. And how would you find out without getting banned yourself if you couldn't even pay to unban?

Pujo, how's that working for you? You sent one such guide in and they never responded. Even if they managed to fix it, how long would it be before these hackers found new ones that bypass the fixes you suggest? Hackers evolve as much as the fixes to combat them do, maybe even twice as fast. And how would you find out without getting banned yourself if you couldn't even pay to unban?

And Zeox and Juster + gms have enough to do, to take care about that tbh.

• Like 3

That's true, but at the same time it would give the server an opportunity to attract new blood to make up for the losses. It would help the server in the long run by bringing back old players who only left because of the influx of hackers.