3v3

Setfenv

Okay, I think this goes for a lot of people but I'm going to say it anyway.

I think Zeox should make it so only 3v3 matters for next season. Even just for one season to try it out and see how it goes.

There's obviously some problems that might arise from this but it's nothing that can't be overcome.

I want this thread to be a pros and cons list of why this server should or shouldn't only have 3v3 titles and achievements.

I'll also have this:

http://www.strawpoll.me/11420639

Where you can vote for it just to see where everyone is at regarding this.

I myself only care about 3s because 2s is too fotm oriented.

One pro of having only 3v3 is that a lot of the really good players that have quit this server will probably come back because good players only care about 3s. I, myself, am in no way a good player but I would come back in a heartbeat if this were to go through. I know a lot of others that would as well. 3v3 has a bigger variety of comps, a more coordinated gameplay setting, and just basically takes more skill than 2s. I would much rather play LSD into Shatter than play mw/war into hpr/mage all day. And, if this does go through, there'll be a lot more people wanting to do 3v3 tournaments and stuff like that.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts on why or why not this should be done. Thanks for reading!

• Like 5

3s over 2s. But by making 3v3 relevant' date=' they also have to make rewards more accessible to increase player's motivation to play this bracket.[/quote']

I agree that things should not be just black and white.

My conception of title cut off would be something like this:

2v2: position 1-12 "Gladiator" ( not rank 1 ) so people that enjoy 2s still have a reason to play for presitge+bonuses and keep them busy cause gladiator should only stay for 1season.

3v3: position 1-12 "Wrathful Gladiator" ( example of the r1 title )

Other title cut off's: Increase the number of "Duelist" "Rival" and "Challanger", most people are not even close the be able to get some reward which represents their skill after a season.

With the current system there are only 5 players that will gain "Duelist" "Rival" and "Challanger" per bracket, I would increase that number to lets say 12, same as gladiator cut.

The only thing I am not certain about is how to handle "Gladiator" title in 3v3. Still thinking about it.

TLDR; 2s should only award glad and the numbers of lower titles should be increased by alot to motivate people.

Edited by Autschbatsch
  • Like 5

one thing they should NEVER implement is having retail-like title implementation' date=' that would make getting titles SO easy.[/quote']

I agree, giving 30% of the ladder Challanger would be ridiculous. But we can look at the ladder and calculate title cut off more precisely so it's fair. With my suggestion it would reward people until rank 60 instead of 36. In this seasons case this would reward people at a rating of 1964 with "Challanger".

The only problem I see here with giving more titles is that they have to get them manualy which is obviously really annoying for the admins. Weird that people have to be online to receive their title.....

What do people think about this idea that are not as tryhard or good at their class?

If you want to reward more people that are not as good you could double 2x the cut of "Rival" and 3x the cut of "Challanger" therefore 36Challangers. ( just a simple display of options here )

Edited by Autschbatsch
  • Like 3

100% agree with first post.

100% agree with autschpujo at his first post

90% agree with autschpujo second post.

I think, in 3s if they get 3s rewards lower, could be rewards for like 75-80 depending of the rating

And yes, the manually titles giving will be not that much easier, also they wont need to check logs. Just wait 2 days for players checking it at site (like, they could create a post for "moderator", only to stay checking everybody suspicious logs). And give it.

Increase the number of "Duelist" "Rival" and "Challanger", most people are not even close the be able to get some reward which represents their skill after a season.

Agreed. Firestorm challenger is about 2k in 3s, 2.4 is gladiator, etc. However, most people don't even like queueing arenas unless they get titles so like last season, you had to be 2.8k+ for even challenger, I think that's just stupid.

Arena titles are meant to encourage people to queue. Plus, the "Challenger" title is specifically designed to show others that you actually queue 3s. If 2.5k is challenger, that's just stupid imo, especially for 3s.

2v2: position 1-12 "Gladiator" ( not rank 1 ) so people that enjoy 2s still have a reason to play for presitge+bonuses and keep them busy cause gladiator should only stay for 1season.

Idk about this one, 2v2 wasn't ever meant to be a competitive bracket. It's 100% designed for gearing and learning your class/spec. Plus, Blizzard knew how unbalanced it was, that's why they disregarded it entirely. Plus, if you do allow this, the 2v2 heroes will still only queue 2s, there still won't be anyone paying attention to 3s, no one cares about the rank 1 titles, they just care about having a title in general. Plus, unless you're the top 1-12 in 3v3, it's pointless to even queue in the bracket. This is because you'd get the same title for being 13-whatever in 3s as you would being 1-12 in 2s. Taking away a single title from 2s, imo, won't make any difference tbh.

One more thing, this is also regarding the 2v2 stuff. 2s was never designed for prestige+bonuses. The only prestige you need from 2v2 is achievements. Other than that, it should be disregarded. Just my opinion.

Edited by Setfenv

Plus' date=' Blizzard knew how unbalanced it was, that's why they disregarded it entirely. Plus, if you do allow this, the 2v2 heroes will still only queue 2s, there still won't be anyone paying attention to 3s, no one cares about the rank 1 titles, they just care about having a title in general. Plus, unless you're the top 1-12 in 3v3, it's pointless to even queue in the bracket. This is because you'd get the same title for being 13-whatever in 3s as you would being 1-12 in 2s. Taking away a single title from 2s, imo, won't make any difference tbh.[/quote']

Well I didn't want to recommend decreasing/taking out glad in 2s cause it's only a temporary title. People like Dartmeganz, Akuyama, Kagu and alot of other people that are capable of getting r1 in 2s would surely be more likely to try to push for 3s instead of 2s. An active 2s ladder is healthy for the server, so taking away all titles seems unnessessary imo. The staff can make alot of easy decicions to solve the 2v2 only problem. They could decrease the 2s "Gladiator" rank back to 6 for example, or lower the bonus reward by 50%. It does not really matter what they do in this regard. I guess you could go hardcore and just take every award away from 2s for 1 season and see what happens, but it would not be my approach.

Edited by Autschbatsch

Well I didn't want to recommend decreasing/taking out glad in 2s cause it's only a temporary title. People like Dartmeganz, Akuyama, Kagu and alot of other people that are capable of getting r1 in 2s would surely be more likely to try to push for 3s instead of 2s. An active 2s ladder is healthy for the server, so taking away all titles seems unnessessary imo. The staff can make alot of easy decicions to solve the 2v2 only problem. They could decrease the 2s "Gladiator" rank back to 6 for example, or lower the bonus reward by 50%. It does not really matter what they do in this regard. I guess you could go hardcore and just take every award away from 2s for 1 season and see what happens, but it would not be my approach.

My biggest problem is that taking away one title from 2s won't really make that much of a difference. Having a permanent title for 3s, to me, isn't worth the amount of work it takes to actually get it when I could get the title right under it in 2s with like 80% less work. You could have some reward at the end of the season for 2s just so there's a reason to queue it, but having one less title than 3s doesn't seem like it's that huge of a difference. Plus, how would you know the difference between a 2s hero or a 3s player if they both have rival title or something like that. It just would be 10x easier to get titles in 2s that it would be in 3s so it wouldn't make a huge difference. For example, I could get maybe 2.6k in 2s and get rival(or something) in about a week while it takes several weeks to get 2.4 in 3s and get rival(or something). I just think the people that always queue 2s(kagu, aku, etc.) will still only queue 2s since it's so much easier to get titles. I mean, look at it right now, the only reason people queue 2s is because it's less work to actually get rating which causes more people to queue 2s than 3s which in turn makes it even easier. It's a vicious cycle.

Edited by Setfenv

the only reason people queue 2s is because it's less work to actually get rating which causes more people to queue 2s than 3s which in turn makes it even easier.

You probably don't understand that 2s is and will be the main bracket of a private server right ?

Even if playing 3s is more rewarding more players will still be playing 2s cause its a natural thing to do on a private server .

In addition the server is dying right now and to be more specific a lot of good players have already left .

Now I don't think telling them "hey look you can get your r1 title now in 3s" will make them come back lmao . . .

More players are leaving than new ones coming . Sad but true . Log online and you will notice it .

So the problem goes beyond rewards and such ... Pwow has to improve over all, once and for all cause its been almost 3 years and its getting old .

You probably don't understand that 2s is and will be the main bracket of a private server right ?

Even if playing 3s is more rewarding more players will still be playing 2s cause its a natural thing to do on a private server .

In addition the server is dying right now and to be more specific a lot of good players have already left .

Now I don't think telling them "hey look you can get your r1 title now in 3s" will make them come back lmao . . .

More players are leaving than new ones coming . Sad but true . Log online and you will notice it .

So the problem goes beyond rewards and such ... Pwow has to improve over all, once and for all cause its been almost 3 years and its getting old .

Why do you think that? Legion, of course. Wait and they will come back after they see how shit it is.

2s is atm the main bracket, but that doesn't mean we can not try to change that.

I understand perfectly why people queue 2s on private servers. Because they're too lazy to find a 3s team, and because they're not good enough in 3s to actually make it anywhere. 2v2 is 10x easier to be good at and easier to get into. You can just ask in trade chat if you want 2s and like 5 people will invite you. That's because 3v3 is too hard for casuals to do. Most people on private servers aren't worried about their 2v2 rating, they play because it's fun. But those of us who do care, we want to play 3v3 because it's much more skill-based. Look at retail, I can guarantee there are more people in the "2v2 bracket" than in the 3s bracket, even though they don't have a bracket for 2v2. It's no different, people are still queueing 2s because it's a more casual style of play rather than the "hard-core devotion" of 3v3. People just don't have a reason to queue 3v3 because it's 1: Dead, 2: More people queue 2s, 3: Care more about 2s because they suck in 3s

Btw, the entire server is getting an overhaul, even the website is. Trust me, they'll come back. Bugs are being fixed daily, if you go check the fixed section in the Bug Reports forum. Staff are finally listening to what the community wants, not what Juster wants. If you look in the General Discussion, you'll see several "Changes" forums where Zeox asks the community about what changes should be made to make the server better.

Basically, the server will get better, you just have to have patience.

PS. Legion is trash

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing regarding this. Even if you kept the Gladiator titles for 2s, that wouldn't matter. 95% of everyone on this entire server is a casual that liked MoP, they're not here to get 2.8+ in 2v2 and push for Gladiator. Heck, 99% of all 2v2 players don't even make it to Challenger. So, removing the titles would just make it so all of the rank 1 players have to queue 3v3 in order to get rewards while the casuals stick to 2v2.

Thus, still a healthy 2v2 bracket with a good incentive to queue 3v3 for the hardcore players.

Edited by Setfenv

I say community needs to think off a reasonable cutoffs for both 2v2 and 3v3 and pick whichever is best and whichever most players would agree on.

In that case it would be 2's probably since they are mostly played here.

But imo, it should be the same as on Retail, if you want pvp titles then you need to play 3's and work as a team.

. People just don't have a reason to queue 3v3 because it's 1: Dead, 2: More people queue 2s, 3: Care more about 2s because they suck in 3s

Gz you said it yourself . How do we change these now ?

1: wait for legion to get boring so people come back ?? duhhh . legion is not the only reason people left in the first place .

2: that wont change

3: that changes if the server has a bigger player base that appreciates 3s ques/good pvp in general .

As I said pwow is getting old that's why it should give a REAL reason for old/new players to come play the server again cause at this state we will never have 3s ques lol . Yes pwow has improved a lot but there are still a lot of gamebreaking bugs so lets focus on that in order to make the server better as a whole .

• Like 1

1: wait for legion to get boring so people come back ?? duhhh . legion is not the only reason people left in the first place .

3: that changes if the server has a bigger player base that appreciates 3s ques/good pvp in general .

As I said pwow is getting old that's why it should give a REAL reason for old/new players to come play the server again cause at this state we will never have 3s ques lol . Yes pwow has improved a lot but there are still a lot of gamebreaking bugs so lets focus on that in order to make the server better as a whole .

you got the point, smart guy

Yeah, but gamebreaking bugs are unbelievably easy to fix. I don't know what they are because I haven't queued a single arena on this server in months, but you'd think by now they'd have fixed it as they've fixed like 100 class bugs in the last month. And plus, who's to say making 3v3 relevant again won't bring players back, it's the reason I'd be coming back.