Spell Reflection

Nemifest

Name of not working spell/quest/npc etc: http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=23920/spell-reflection#changelog ( Any reflection )

Description of the problem:

(Chaos bolt) The reflected CB's damage should NOT be fully as the initial damage it would've done to the main target casted upon.

How it must work:

(Chaos bolt) According to my calculations, the Mastery should NOT be affected by the reflection mechanic - Remove the Mastery affection on the reflection mechanism ( Calculation proof below )

Date when you tested it: 11.1.16

Realm (x100/x5/Fun): x100/xfun

Priority of the problem: 10/10

Example(Do take in effect that buffs are NOT counted towards):

Mastery:

209k(200009) Main Target Damaged ( 87% Mastery )

Main target reflected; 112k Damage returned to the warlock ( Mastery removed/Unaffected )

Intellect:

209k(200009) Main Target Damaged ( 21389 Intellect - 20000 Intellect is what a normal prideful warlock has = 93.51% of 21389 Intellect )

Main target reflected; 178k Damage returned to the warlock ( Intellect removed/Unaffected - 10.69% of 209k is 21389 )

SpellPower:

209k(200009) Main Target Damaged ( 36265 SpellPower - 32000 SpellPower is what a normal prideful warlock has = 88.24% of 36265 SpellPower )

Main target reflected; 163k Damage returned to the warlock ( SpellPower removed/Unaffected - 18.13% of 209k is 36265 SpellPower )

Retail video:

Credits to Autschbatsch

88536 Damage Reflected

164056 Initial Damage

88536 of 164056 is 53.97% - Rounding up to 54%

Retail Video calculation is 54% MASTERY affected/Unaffected

My Mastery calculation is 56% affected/Unaffected

112000 Damage Reflected

200009 Initial Damage

112000 of 200009 is 56%

If you can disprove me, please try.

Confirmation from Blizzard ingame mechanic manager employee: http://imgur.com/zVePD7d

Requested by Autschbatsch.

Edited by Nemifest
  • Like 1
Well that's not completely true sadly. At least for most casters. Can you maybe go a little more in depht with moonkin mastery?

[spoiler=Going off-topic] Boomy mastery is completely broken in PandaWoW, i've tried multiple builts (crit>haste>mastery ; crit>mastery>haste ; mastery>crit>haste), and no matter how much mastery i have, i still pretty much do the same damage while in eclipse. (That's why i ignore mastery completely while reforging now)

And the spell reflect damage reduction was always like that as far as i know, it never used to reflect 100% of the damage no matter the spell.

Well well, check what i've found here. (i just contradicted myself)

"A few" things worth noting:

The reflected spell will work as if the original caster cast it on him/herself. This means that its damage (if applicable) will not be modified by the 10% outgoing damage reduction from Defensive Stance (or any other damage modifiers affecting you).

For the exact same reason, spells which drain/steal health will steal and return health to the caster instead of you.

Certain channeled spells such as Arcane Missiles will only have the first tick reflected.

Single target spells which have a missile-like animation (i.e. Fireball) will fly to you, then back to the target, while channeled spells (except for the ones mentioned in the preceding note) will only appear at the hands of the caster.

Certain spells (usually monster abilities) cannot be reflected (such as Howling Dust) - they will hit you and Spell Reflection will not fade; other abilities may have their effects negated, taking away Spell Reflection, but without damaging/debuffing the caster.

Not only spells can be reflected. Works with most curses, some diseases and a few poison effects as well.

It has to be in effect when the spell is cast AND when it hits you in order to reflect it (most noticeable with Incinerate).

The reflected ability can be resisted (uses spell hit chance of the caster). It is also possible that the caster will be immune to the effect (like with most elementals).

Elementals' magic-based melee attack damage will not be reflected.

Sometimes it will reflect more than one spell. It usually happens when the spells hit at the exact same time.

taken from : http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=23920/spell-reflection#comments (click it and scroll down to see the comments)

And you hitting 80k into reflect and 120k on him is confusing me, if you feel that this comment will also confuse developpers, tell me i'll delete it.

Edited by Felxprod
And you hitting 80k into reflect and 120k on him is confusing me

1. Those numbers were never metioned :confused: :confused: 2. Why?

if you feel that this comment will also confuse developpers' date=' tell me i'll delete it.[/quote']

No, you just have to mention that this in green is just a COMMENT from wowhead, and no proof.

I googled for some time and could find no evidence for formulas, I just know the facts.

Boomy mastery is completely broken in PandaWoW, i've tried multiple builts (crit>haste>mastery ; crit>mastery>haste ; mastery>crit>haste), and no matter how much mastery i have, i still pretty much do the same damage while in eclipse. (That's why i ignore mastery completely while reforging now)

Dm me about it, I'll try to test it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In pwow, spell reflection value is correct for spells that copy/return other spells, just reflections are bugged.

Example of spells where the reflect value work (where its not 100% of the dmg returned):

http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=77606/dark-simulacrum

http://es.db.pandawow.me?spell=122783/difuminar-magia

These 2 reflect spells (more like copied to the main target/returned) work correctly.

Warrior, hunter and Meta 1% reflect gem should work the same way as the 2 mentioned before (atm reflects are bugged because they return 100% of the dmg).

Edited by Señorpujo
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...