Frost Nova + Polymorph Interaction

cancerplague

Spell: http://db.pandawow.me/?spell=122

Issue: If there 2 people near of you and you use Polymorph + Frost Nova at the same time, the Polymorph will break.

What should happen: Frost Nova shouldn't break polymorph.

Realm: All.

Proff: As you can see on 5:27 to 5:30

he used Polymorph + Frost Nova at the same time but it didn't breaks the Polymorph on shaman.

Priority: 4/10 I've lost a few games before because of this, mainly against warriors+mw, when you double dragon breath > poly on mw > frost nova (for deep on warrior), but it breaks poly.

Spell: http://db.pandawow.me/?spell=122

Issue: If there 2 people near of you and you use Polymorph + Frost Nova at the same time, the Polymorph will break.

What should happen: Frost Nova shouldn't break polymorph.

Realm: All.

Proff: As you can see on 5:27 to 5:30

he used Polymorph + Frost Nova at the same time but it didn't breaks the Polymorph on shaman.

Priority: 4/10 I've lost a few games before because of this, mainly against warriors+mw, when you double dragon breath > poly on mw > frost nova (for deep on warrior), but it breaks poly.

This isn't a bug. Poly breaks off damage, i don't really know HOW much damage you need to do, it has a certain threshold of damage that needs to be done before the poly is broken.

This isn't a bug. Poly breaks off damage, i don't really know HOW much damage you need to do, but if you look at the video, the nova didn't crit on the shaman, which is probably why the poly didn't break.

It did crit for 6k

Also pretty sure novas from a firemage shouldn't break any polys ... as we can see in the vid

Okay i talked with baz about this issue now and ... It is not supposed to break when ... well i ll just quote him

its not supposed to break poly only when you use frost nova at the end of the cast and POLY AND NOVA land in the same time on the target, then its not supposed to break. otherwise its supposed to

Seems logic for me

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fix needs review.

99edc27606cf70d36dc5c8faa3206718.gif

Glyph of Polymorph is removing Ignite 12846 even tough fireblast gets applied after Polymorph.

Other DMGing spells are working fine: ( could not test other classes casting on sheep cause 2accs ):

b249202e77edb85d4fa90afc396638f1.gif

Not related to this report. But fixed.

Fix needs review.

Well. It seems to be fixed if you are bad at spamming.

However, if you spam Fireblast queued on sheep it will still nullify Ignite.

I assume that Polymorph gets applied later even tough it should not be.

When spaming Fireblast hard:

a529dc312963ae3bdf823d3bcf41c8a2.gif

When waiting 0.2s with casting Fireblast:

8561e5a3fe9e805999762ec2b12135d4.gif