Current state of Pandawow

Noneedholy

New developers = new chances to have a leak of our work to competitors.

I don't want to continue this stupid discussion with you, who have never managed big servers and trying show others that you have some skills. If you know better, leave pls pwow and create your own server.

Lol...

Of course I never managed big servers, nevertheless I have knowlegde of how management of a big server is, having it secure from crashes.. Why would I try to show others that I have some skills? Lol, nice sense. Maybe I do know better, maybe I don't. But what you're saying is you've done the most easiest thing for yourself, instead of doing the best.

About developers:

What you do is, that once there's a test realm, you make the developers make compiles/fixes on that then let QA's test the fixes, if it's wrong then don't compile to live realms.

You don't have to give new developers your source core. They fix it, update the test realm, make Qa test it = Done.

Not like, you give them permission to DB core, and let them change whatever whatever.. Like a tunnel vision.

• Administrators
Lol...

Of course I never managed big servers, nevertheless I have knowlegde of how management of a big server is, having it secure from crashes.. Why would I try to show others that I have some skills? Lol, nice sense. Maybe I do know better, maybe I don't. But what you're saying is you've done the most easiest thing for yourself, instead of doing the best.

About developers:

What you do is, that once there's a test realm, you make the developers make compiles/fixes on that then let QA's test the fixes, if it's wrong then don't compile to live realms.

You don't have to give new developers your source core. They fix it, update the test realm, make Qa test it = Done.

Not like, you give them permission to DB core, and let them change whatever whatever.. Like a tunnel vision.

Are you serious ?

1) How they will fix without source code?

2) How they will update server without acess to source code?

3) What they will be able to do in DB? Remove/add ScriptName , or change some formulas ? >

As i've said, i will think what i can do. But pls stop writing this ....

Are you serious ?

1) How they will fix without source code?

2) How they will update server without acess to source code?

3) What they will be able to do in DB? Remove/add ScriptName , or change some formulas ? >

As i've said, i will think what i can do. But pls stop writing this ....

LOL, if that's how it is, then new developers will give the scriptname to a higher dev and so on...?

Have a Main dev, which fixes very prioritized stuff, and lower ranked developers fixing normal stuff. Once they got all = Send everything to main dev and let him update the test realm.

- - - Updated - - -

I have bad news for you , if when you launch DB some columns die without any reason. :cry:

No, not really.

If you never touch the DB, it won't die.. Kinda obvious?

If you set it up and run it but never touch the DB after, it won't break.

But again u have to touch the DB to update the server, it's exactly the same as having 2 world DBs, screw up 1 and 1 realm won't boot up.

But you're connecting 2 worldservers to 1 DB, obviously if that 1DB fails, both servers won't boot up...I hope you get my point.

Edited by Nemifest

but the point is that they introduce new bugs by fixing current ones. How'd you know if a new ability isn't bugged after a fix unless you test everything in that case?

most bug fixes are linked with similar spells/abilities

fix 2 set bonus for priest? can bug out 4 set bonus

fix one part of treant? can bug out 3 other sides of the spell

fix gateway? can bug out other sides of the spell

fix poly? can bug out maybe glyph of polymorph...

theyre mostly linked with each other. take fingers of frost proc for instance. u got a proc instantly with orb. after they fixed that, deep freeze didnt consume a proc.

always linked with each other :P

• Administrators

Today i've ordered new server. Tomorrow we're going to launch test realm on it, if we receive access. Because data center need some time to install it.

After that we will create QA team. We will update it everyday, even maybe some times per day and QA team will be able to test all fixes in "live" mode. More information will come tomorrow. Topic is closed.

P.S. Hope that with this system we will never come back to bugs because of fixes.

• Like 10

• Administrators

As you see I still didn't create a QA section, I didn't forget about this idea, but I'm very busy at the moment.

I hope to have some free time on days to make it. But anyway, test server already created & launched, it works and if everyone want to test some new fixes on it, feel free to ask Heisenberg for access to it.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...