New Arena Season Rewards

Deielrion

This thread's purpose is predominantly so we can understand what's happening with the new arena season rewards...

Is r1 title going to be awarded for 2s?

Perhaps titles should be given separately to horde/ally? (ie the same way it works in legion - so that there can a rise in horde players or at least influence horde players to queue) - reason I want to push this is because horde was VERY popular during MoP and population here is scarce af...

Everyone plays alliance and so most people who go horde play ally because no one plays horde lol.. it's a vicious cycle

Maybe faction change to horde should be free? The majority of horde players are (from what I know) spanish and are most online at like 10pm gmt cause that's when the spanish/south american players log

Will arena achievements be reset during or before the new season?

Any further suggestions appreciated :x

• Like 1

Is r1 title going to be awarded for 2s?

Nop. Idk which titles in 2s but i think max u can get is glad. I hope 2s is duelist only when season starts :)

Perhaps titles should be given separately to horde/ally?

Na please ... i dont want this fotm kids to reroll on another faction just to get an easy title.

Maybe faction change to horde should be free?

good idea, +1

Will arena achievements be reset during or before the new season?

We hope so.

To point 2 :

I know alot of mates on retail who barely got 2.7 in 3s and also the rogue we played to 2650 just switched to hord and played around ~2.6 there and got glad even tho it was undeserved as f*ck ... Idk i would not like to see people just getting glad because they change faction.

Edited by Noneedholy

Na please ... i dont want this fotm kids to reroll on another faction just to get an easy title.

Well I thought about this and I guess you could make that minimum rate requirement that they made along time ago for 3s? Anything below 2.5k for 2s or something isn't awarded and anything below 2k isn't awarded

though, there are other *possible* solutions such as removing glad title upon fac change (if that's possible though ik a lot of people would dislike that)

Well I thought about this and I guess you could make that minimum rate requirement that they made along time ago for 3s?

You could do that but i would not like to see that for glad/r1 titles. It's just not a good idea. Overall yeah its possible but not on a private server with a much much lower playerbase than retail

It'll way better if mmr system got fixed before new season starts. Actually it don't have to be blizzlike, just to value skill above ability to farm all day for +1...

The problem isn't the +1's tho, its the low rating that ppl get in low mmr. The max i've seen is like +15 or around, but at retail you keep getting over +20 at low mmr, and if you're low rated and your partners are like 2.2k, you can even get 2k in less than 40 wins, here even if you play with 3k partners, i've seen max 2k in 52 wins by talby on his mage and just because he had 52-3 stats. At retail u can get 2k with 40-30 stats if your partners are high rated. That's the issue.

Lel, idk whats exactly wrong with emurmur system, but in comparison to retail its just retarded

retail

pwow

mb its cause "offseason" lasted way too long (even longer than season lol)

Well, mmr system is just complicated math in a way. If someone had links to mop mmr sytem, maybe devs would fix something. This way, without any sources, there's not much they can do to fix it.

Well, mmr system is just complicated math in a way. If someone had links to mop mmr sytem, maybe devs would fix something. This way, without any sources, there's not much they can do to fix it.

They can always try to implement a new mmr system that's more accurate, for example that the max rate u can get rn from a win in decent rating is +22 i think, when i've seen ppl in retail s15 get +40 at 2700 mmr cuz defeated a 3k mmr team (

)
  • Like 1

Imao zeox gets enough donations to hire mathematician which can create new emurmur system. Or if someone've logged like 99999 arena battles on retail think we can at least interpolate rating gaining func

Well we posted a shitton of pictures in the ememur bug report. Sadly no one looked at them yet but i hope heisenberg will try to do something soon.

Edited by Noneedholy

Imao zeox gets enough donations to hire mathematician which can create new emurmur system. Or if someone've logged like 99999 arena battles on retail think we can at least interpolate rating gaining func

I like how u constantly say "emurmur" :crazy: :p

i agree, but i think maybe there will be too many glads and r1s tbh

at s15 retail there were like 100 r1's, a bit more i think, with a playerbase of 130k as faina said. Here there's barely a playerbase of 5k? i think 10 r1s and 35 gladiators sounds good.

• Like 1

• Administrators
So when does the new season start ...please @zeox tell us uve news

I'm doing some final prepares, I've just updated new website with all last fixes and said testers to test if all is good.

Want to post information on days.

I'm doing some final prepares, I've just updated new website with all last fixes and said testers to test if all is good.

Want to post information on days.

Is there a way to implement a page on the website like .. on the main page would be dope (for advertising purpose) that shows the streams that are online with ingame name, stream name, viewer etc.

Something like this :

hwqMh0j.png

Edited by Noneedholy
  • Like 1

I'm sure there is, but unless you want to knock the season back even longer and really get people who've waited for the new season even angrier, it wouldn't be practical right now in my opinion.

you don't have to delay a season just to update the website with this feature. this can be done even while the season is going on.

- - - Updated - - -

at s15 retail there were like 100 r1's, a bit more i think, with a playerbase of 130k as faina said. Here there's barely a playerbase of 5k? i think 10 r1s and 35 gladiators sounds good.

5k overall? no lol

fun has probably maybe 1k ish, not sure. but obviously not more than 1.5-2k (not counting characters/accounts, but active players). maybe not even that...

you can't compare 130k and 100 r1s to a server that has way less players. 3-6 r1s is completely fine. i think 6 is more fair, 2 teams will get r1 then.

but honestly, should only be 1 r1 title, not 2 of them. like previously, there was vengeful glad as r1 and for 2nd spot, there was wrathful glad.

just give wrathful for 1-6 spot.

you don't have to delay a season just to update the website with this feature. this can be done even while the season is going on.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. We'll just have to wait and see what Zeox says about it. He might be more than willing to do it.

3-6 r1s is completely fine. i think 6 is more fair, 2 teams will get r1 then.

but honestly, should only be 1 r1 title, not 2 of them. like previously, there was vengeful glad as r1 and for 2nd spot, there was wrathful glad.

just give wrathful for 1-6 spot.

Good idea. That season when nobody played and they gave out furious and ruthless glad was lol

Merciless

Vengeful

Brutal

Deadly

Furious

Relentless

Wrathful

Vicious

Ruthless

Cataclysmic

Malevolent

Tyrannical (bae)

Grievous

Prideful

Assuming the remaining titles are given out per season (i.e. 1 r1 title per season), how long do you propose a season should last?

Also, if pandawow exists long enough to reach prideful, what happens when prideful gladiator is released? Start again and give out merciless etc?

Merciless

Vengeful

Brutal

Deadly

Furious

Relentless

Wrathful

Vicious

Ruthless

Cataclysmic

Malevolent

Tyrannical (bae)

Grievous

Prideful

Assuming the remaining titles are given out per season (i.e. 1 r1 title per season), how long do you propose a season should last?

Also, if pandawow exists long enough to reach prideful, what happens when prideful gladiator is released? Start again and give out merciless etc?

start giving out same ones or creatue custome ones. just have to be creative instead of "cant do that", "impossible to do custom titles", "too much work". its possible with the RIGHT mindset.