Suggestion: Challenge Modes + Proving Grounds

akuyama

I wish to propose something for the server:

add challenge modes and proving grounds - there are little if any servers who have these implemented so your server will possibly gain a lot of players

also if you agree to these suggestions I also propose another idea which is to add a vendor with all the best in slot Challenge Mode gear.

Maybe it can require conquest points to buy each piece which also motivates arena play?

Some live retail 5.4 footage from me:

World fastest SM CM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaeudHXTr2U&index=30

World highest overall Proving Ground wave

Edited by akuyama

I have no idea if they are, although proving grounds are not to my knowledge, and a vendor for the BiS gear is certainly needed, and a leaderboard on the website for CM times + PG waves

https://imgur.com/a/Z2DbC4J stormstout is buggy & Monastery is not implemented.

You can just get the BiS from HC dungeons ( I think on xFUN )

I doubt this will get looked at for a while :secret: prioritising pvp bugs for the new season etc

And atm to my knowledge there is not a website developer yet. Only Zeox and he is busy with other problems / development.

There are no pieces which are truly BiS from any heroic dungeon, the BiS pieces are from the raid finder version of ToT + SoO and Ra-den

the reason I say raid finder and not normal / heroic raids is because the lower item level the gear, the less it scales down to 463 giving you a couple extra intellect on each piece, not such a big deal but if you push serious times it can make a tiny difference.

The thing about Challenge Modes is: the more sockets you have on your gear the more damage you'll do, so heroic dungeon items will have 0-1 sockets where as raid gear will have 1-4, also I don't think ANYBODY will be able to organise raids for such gear, let me also tell you something: I killed Ra-Den 35 times on live and did not get my pieces which I needed, so fuck that. We need a vendor

Some live footage from me:

World fastest SM CM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaeudHXTr2U&index=30

World highest overall Proving Ground wave

Edited by akuyama

8/9 are implemented and working are they not?

There is no working scoreboard, the current state of CM overall is poor.

There is a lot to fix. Though there aren't many reports for that, and even if there is - they're not on the top of the priority list which is sad.

CM and Proving grounds are the only competitive PvE in the game and it's not working at all.

I personally find the titles a bigger motivation than the CM set. It's a shame we can't have such a nice feature of MoP here on pandawow.

I also propose another idea which is to add a vendor with all the best in slot Challenge Mode gear.

Maybe it can require conquest points to buy each piece which also motivates arena play?

It would rise the queue only if the capp wasn't that low. By the end of a season on the retail ppl were having giant capp pool so you could just gear up withing a week. here it's like 4k for a 2.6k player. And in order to get this capp you have to play A LOT cuz you don't really get ques on such mmr. (hehe, who am I talking this to?).

I really don't see any reason why there is a capp for CP. Even if they implement such a thing as BiS for CMs a piece will probably cost 3.5k cp which is rediculous.

Edited by behindqq

Yeah, I think the cap should maybe be raised slightly too.

I mean, this is not a blizzlike server you get instant 90 and free gems etc so a raised cap doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me. It really will overall increase arena queues, more people join / start alts, queue more often because the cap is bigger, get full gear faster and then will continue to play and push rating so it's just a win-win-win, people who are high rated have usually had their character for a long time anyway, I for example have had mine for years and I've managed to accumulate 500,000 conquest, so it's not such a big problem for me to buy gear :P

but yeah this is a thread about pgs / cms and a vender / leaderboared not conquest cap

greatly.

I wouldn't be that sure about this. It might slightly increase the queue, but greatly? come on, mate, the only thing that will really increase queue is completely working pvp.

competitive pve is just a side product. it does not affect pvp.

Well, I dunno. I'd like to believe a lot of people would be into it at least :/ I can dream

what we really need is working pvp, every class actually working ..mop is like 6 years old now? and it's still fucked

we also need off-seasons that last for a week or so, not ..........................8 months .................... literally every off-season 8-12 months

I am no developer but ..there's maybe 500 total class spells? it does not seem hard to edit a couple lines of code and get it working like ..come on, you've had YEARS

Edited by akuyama
  • Like 1

I am no developer but ..there's maybe 500 total class spells?

This is why you are not one.

Chess only have 8x8 board with 32 total moving units, but the number of possible interactions is insanely high. Same goes to wow. Even though there are not that many spells, they work different, everything has its own feature. Sometimes when you fix a bug another one appears.

Having this little people working on the server results in what we have now.

Do you know what graph theory is? if the answer is yes then you already know what point I'm trying to make.

Edited by behindqq

this still does not explain how

Shock Wave = ID 100

Dragon Roar = ID 101

you modify shock wave and all of a sudden dragon roar is doing 182 damage instead of what ever it used to, you're changing a specific thing

it's like having a database which tracks gender (M or F) and you modify one of the fields because somebody had a sex change or what ever and all of a sudden millions of other rows are affected, it makes 0 sense, they're all different assigned a different ID so why are multiple things bugging out from a change to one specific thing?

it makes 0 sense

It makes no sense only from your point of view.

as I said every spell is a graph, and there are millions if not billions of connections between the spells. I can't explain how can spell A be affected by changing spell B, but looks like it can.

they're all different assigned a different ID

Different ID doesn't mean they're separate, they might somehow be connected. I am not to ask. So I leave the explanation to someone else.

By now you should get the general idea.

Pandawow has forced people to use custom patches through their launcher, why not delete every spell and start from fresh, create every spell yourself and give us the patch and that way they can make everything work exactly how they'd like it to without having connections between spells bugging out

I dunno this is about PGs/CMs and a vender with a leaderboard also, not crying about everything which is wrong with pandawow

(yes I am aware it affects CMs/PGs too, but hey ..if there's billions of things which can be wrong then it looks like it is improbable of ever being fixed in our lifetime so, may as well just embrace it and go with what we have. Make the most of a not ideal situation).

Pandawow has forced people to use custom patches through their launcher' date=' why not delete every spell and start from fresh, create every spell yourself and give us the patch and that way they can make everything work exactly how they'd like it to without having connections between spells bugging out[/quote']

Are you asking why? It's equal to making a brand new game, which is a quite troublesome task if I may say.

..if there's billions of things which can be wrong then it looks like it is improbable of ever being fixed in our lifetime so' date=' may as well just embrace it and go with what we have. Make the most of a not ideal situation[/quote']

Exactly.

I have absolutely no clue how some projects manage to make their code almost indistinguishable from what blizzard have, but seems like it's hard.

This is why I don't expect anything to work perfect here, i'm fine with everything as long as it's not gamebreaking (hello there your fearpathing abusing, mate, that was an awfull experience).

I agree that it would be a huge effort to do such a thing, but remaking the whole game from scratch? I don't really think so, I mean ..you've got existing names of every spell, you know exactly what they should be doing and you have their animations etc, it's just a bit monotonous but fairly ..easy?

perhaps it's the best thing to do (however unlikely) since fixing spells will inevitably bug out others for eternity, unless it's possible to find out how they're "linked" and do something with that information

ah, man, if you ask me, I would just say that having blizzard hosting their "outdated" addons would be the best option.

I still can't see the reason why don't they just run some "legacy" servers, a lot of players will come back to play their favorite seasons. At least I would do that. I bet you'd too.

Yeah, I've had the exact same idea for years and years!

Imagine a place where vanilla + tbc + wotlk + cata + mop were able to be played at a Blizzard level / standard, it would bring so many people back to the game ..imagine, most of the private servers would go vastly out of business without you having to file any lawsuits, it might cost a couple million to have hardware and software, but you'd make that money back in a couple weeks probably.

If this ever happened, I would play vanilla wow a little bit, I'd have a go at wotlk and cata again and tryhard MoP 24/7

I can only imagine their subscriber base reaching somewhere in the terms of 20 million, if not that at least a record high

It has taken probably 10+ years for classic legacy to become a realisation, it's a very good start, one can only hope it goes as well as everybody thinks it will and then they may look into MoP servers and other expansions ..hopefully not after another decade or multiple decades of waiting . . .

It has taken probably 10+ years for classic legacy to become a realisation

nonono, they haven't told us anything about it. I think they will most likely f*ck it up somehow, they've been doing this to pvp for the last years.

There's no information about how it will look like, I really doubt they'll make it as it used to be. It's not their style.

it's a very good start

Start... How positive it sounds, really, I mean wow is a dead game since the middle of WoD. I hoped, I really did that they wouldn't make it as awful as they did... Sweet dreams remain unreached.

I still hope Blizzard realize what people want. They literally throw their opinions at them, but Blizzard is a Business, they're making money. This is the issue, they are not trying to make their fan base anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by behindqq View Post

Sometimes when you fix a bug another one appears.

Weird, so far ive only seen pandawow making 20 new bugs for each bug they are fixing... cant be that common huh ?

someone told me aswell that pandawow is only hackfixing stuff, not sure if true

Either way, i don't want to trashtalk the devs here but the work they do RIGHT NOW is really poor. You cant always make new bugs when fixing something. Sure it can happen but not every single fucking time.

Thats not how coding works

Quote Originally Posted by akuyama View Post

Pandawow has forced people to use custom patches through their launcher, why not delete every spell and start from fresh, create every spell yourself and give us the patch and that way they can make everything work exactly how they'd like it to without having connections between spells bugging out

Was mine and repitchs suggestion. To just get a proper 5.4.8 core and not the 5.4.7 bullshit we have right now. The core right now is just utter shit. I've seen better open source cores than the pandawow one lol.

Our pathfinding is beyond ass

You cant even blink anywhere on Pandawow

Every Class (Dmg+ heal ) overall is fucked without a way to fix it (formulars are all correct, must be smth working in the background). And dont tell me thats not the problem, you had 5 YEARS to fix melees or let say damage in general and nothing happened. Even with help from people like Neff etc, who also had to accept the fact that its pointless even looking for formular mistakes.

Spellque still doesnt work lol. Works on every 5.4.8 Server. And yes, these server didnt make it custom like pandawow. Even though it was a funny try, devs trying to fix spellque without even knowing how it should work. No, lets be real, it was a desaster.

The game doesnt even feel close to retail. Unless you play 5.4.8 server such as trashmane or tauridog (they are sadly dead yes) you wont be able to enjoy retail experience ... but they feel way way WAY more blizzlike than Pandawow. Pandawow ever did fell like a huge custom thing.

Me and repitch tried to tell that to zeox. That we just start from 0, we would even start working again (QA, report bugs etc) and with proper fixing this could become a great Server.

Well guess what, zeox told us nicely to f*ck off and that there is no way they will do it.

So yeah, thats why i dont do shit anymore here. It feels useless. Core issues such as the high damage/healing output wont EVER get fixed with this core and as soon as we fix a bug, 2 other bugs appear. Thats a race without finish line, simple as that. Gave up on pandawow since the way its going right now, we wont ever get people to play on this server without them actually leaving because of obvious bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by behindqq View Post

Start... How positive it sounds, really, I mean wow is a dead game since the middle of WoD.

You wasn't there when a shit ton of actual good retail player came on Pandawow? There was a huge thread on Arenajunkies aswell with around 11 pages ?

People such as :

https://www.twitch.tv/doomsen

https://www.twitch.tv/feddxx

https://www.twitch.tv/jaxington

https://www.twitch.tv/trilltko

https://www.twitch.tv/sethcurryww

I mean trilltko is a friend with who ive played alot in s15 and he told me that he could bring people such as cdew easily on Pandawow. But simply not if pandawow is on the state it is right now

Actually even people who compete at blizzcon. And that was not long ago lol

People like this, people who couldve made this server great like they did with AT (Arenatournament). They have a huge influence with their streams aswell. If some random viewer sees them playing on Pandwow they will follow aswell. Well guess what, they all left (mostly) due broken fear pathing and the bugs i mentioned above.

Yes, these people were even asking me why Warrior does the same amount of damage they do in Legion (% wise). These facts arent out of thin air, everyone who plays pandawow since 2013/2014 like me probably knows what i am talking about.

I remember aswell how i actually won the price money on x10 (was around 100 euros i think) yet they didn't give me shit just with the excuse that x100 and x10 got merged (after the s. actually ended) therefore they cant deliver the money. Now ... it's not about me being upset for not receiving the money, more like for Pandawow being too stingy to hand out a tiny money reward (compared to what they earn / what we spent on this server ). I think it's clear how the priorities are set here. And that's why i don't see anyone from this Server being able to cooperate with the community in a correct way.

Just my 2 cent Kappa

who deleted all comments, and why ?

OH OF COURSE its Zeox.

Hey man, at least answer me before just deleting my comments, thanks. lol^^

Edited by Noneedholy