Suggestions

Autschbatsch

A suggestion thread, I'll start:

https://www.strawpoll.me/17249003

This is the most important next step in my opinion for PandaWoW.

1. Restrict rated (premade) 3v3 to an evening time window and make SoloQ3v3 active again by seperating it from rated 3v3. (I don't care what kind of window - how long - as long as there would be one) As a result you'll get:

+More density and diversity in 3v3 because people know that they can Q then and WILL Q at the same TIME

+No people being able to DODGE or set up weird wintTRADES in the midst of the night

+Outside of that 12h window you could introduce solo Q 3s EXCLUSIVLY which would make the casuals (and me!) HAPPY

+Solo Q will have their adequate enemies and rated 3v3 will face their adequate enemies

Example of time-window:

We start at 9pm GMT+7 (Eeastern Russia) ->which means it would be 3pm in central europe and 9am in eastcoast US. If we would create a 12h window that would mean it ends at 9am GMT+7, 3am central europe and 9pm east coast US.

This would narrow the window by half and still allow a lot of people to play easily whilst allowing more people to EXPECT queues no matter where you are from.

My opinion on this:

is really important to do. Merging Solo Q and premade is a really unhealthy idea for the server in my opinion. People not playing for the sake of competition and rather dodge and Q in the morning or just in the midst of the day during the weeks is a really bad concept. Restricting the rated 3v3 ladder to evening span would greatly benefit all parties. Solo Q was basically one of the main attractions on xFun when it was released - a lot of fun. I really want solo Q to become active again. So for the sake of having a healthy community I think we have to push solo Q to be a priority. So making the Rated window shorter than 12h will make the solo Q window bigger.

My dream would be a 4-6h queuing window (As a rather extreme example 16:00pm-02:00 am GMT+3).

After all most people really enjoyed solo Q and it was really active before you merged it. WHO WANTS TO GET FARMED BY premade? NOONE.

There are a LOT of people that just want to Q solo Q and mash their keyboard to play casual 3s and have fun, this is not possible at the moment.

And don't give me the stupid argument that queues would die out. I bet there is always someone to troll or complain, but this is the best solution I feel like.

I wish more in the community would actually care enough to create a dynamic and good s15 experience.

Lets make Pandawow great again.

Conquest to honor Vendor would be really nice. 1:2 ratio.

Fix Goblin NPCs to spectate things. Make them big' date=' or make an invisible wall around them.[/quote']

Increase honor-gain for bgs by at least 2x.

Put WARGAMES on xCross!

2: Start with all glyphs

3: Instant 600 professions NPC
Edited by Autschbatsch
  • Like 2

Make SoloQ rating count for the Visual Weapon Enchantments

pretty good idea.

Though I'd say the current rating demand is quite overtuned, very little amount of people can use 3v3 elite enchantments since they require 2.4k, which is equal to r1 ratings these days which is pointless. On the Arena-Tournament I remember they were for free and it was like 2008 or 2009.

Actually, I don't see a reason why would you make them require any rating, the honor+CP price is already a huge demand for such a feature, and the rating requirement is making it unreachable for a regular player. So far i've seen only a couple of players using them.

What is the point then?

2v2 enchantments are ugly, no one uses them.

I would also suggest to make healers rating gain/lose based on your teammates ratings, not yours. Since if you join an arena with two 0cr players being 1.9 rated they won't lose anything while you'll lose 40. It is unfair.

for me they r useful

How, it's just a really useless thing about arena. It's just an ugly big flag on your back. I was wondering why no other servers ever removed them.

3v3 elite enchantments since they require 2.4k

It's 2.2. Idk, it should be a prestige so it's okay.

2v2 enchantments are ugly' date=' no one uses them.[/quote']

I agree they should add MORE enchants overall anyway.

should be a prestige

Prestige for a couple of players? really?

I mean making them require 2k for example would make some people que 3v3 just to get the visuals.

Right now the vendor selling it serves no point. As I said above very little people use them atm.

gain rating with the new MMR system.

it's not about easy or hard.

What im saying is that we need to engage people in queing 3v3. Right now there's no point for a regular player to que 3v3. Like at all.

Someone who has never reached 2.2 in 2v2 would never que 3s. But if there were some sort of rewards for them they would definitely queue.

Right now only people who try to get the titles queue.

im not saying that 2k rating requirement would save the 3v3 que, but it'd be a good start. Since they haven't done anything about it so far.

How' date=' it's just a really useless thing about arena. It's just an ugly big flag on your back.[/quote']

well its useless for your character, but as a healer it is useful in determining the direction where enemies/allies is facing (mostly allies) so you can actually see the intentions of a char without breaking your eyes looking at pixels of a casting animation of a transmogged gnome.

and idont rly understand why ppl care about enchants. like, why do you need it apart from afking at stormwind gates?

i think funny toys for rating should be much more effective

Edited by faina

but as a healer it is useful in determining the direction where enemies/allies is facing (mostly allies) so you can actually see the intentions of a char without breaking your eyes looking at pixels of a casting animation of a transmogged gnome.

Oo ... idk im playing healer alot and it seems totally useless to me tho

like' date=' why do you need it apart from afking at stormwind gates?[/quote']

Well yeah, we could also talk about how useless transmog is if you want Jez4Apd.png

it is useful in determining the direction where enemies/allies is facing

So you are telling me people don't strave in PvP? Lol come on that's a funny argument that I struggle to take serious tbh.

and idont rly understand why ppl care about enchants

It got implemented, therefore it aint hard to adjust and tune it. Cause people are interested in how their char looks.

I'd say people on a instant 90 PvP realm are more interested in that than on RP items.

- - - Updated - - -

it's not about easy or hard.

What im saying is that we need to engage people in queing 3v3. Right now there's no point for a regular player to que 3v3. Like at all.

Someone who has never reached 2.2 in 2v2 would never que 3s. But if there were some sort of rewards for them they would definitely queue.

Right now only people who try to get the titles queue.

im not saying that 2k rating requirement would save the 3v3 que, but it'd be a good start. Since they haven't done anything about it so far.

Yea I don't know either. There are 1800 enchants for 3s, which I really like. At this point there is not really much room to complain about anything to be honest though.

Solo Q is "good", people that want to play play that rather active now. I feel like it was a good idea to push forward. And I really hope it will become even more active in the future.

I can't judge premade 3s since I barely had the chance to play such. But it's clear imo that solo Q was more important than rewards for actual 3s to make people play pandawow.

Edited by Autschbatsch

Make the 2250 conquest pieces require 1800 CR current 3s rating to equip, if you drop below a certain rating the pieces of gear you have on become replaced with Grevious quality and then automatically upgrade when the rating is reached or surpassed again

Make the 1750 pieces require 1550 CR

make the 1250 pieces require 1400 CR

maybe remove conquest points and allow people to buy the prideful gear for free (with 3s rating for the item) ?

and maybe fix ele + dk + warlock damage so people can actually queue 3s

And make the elite weapons require 2400 CR to buy and use

And add Challenge Modes / Proving Grounds with a vendor for BiS scaled down gear requiring conquest to buy each piece

Edited by akuyama

Make the 2250 conquest pieces require 1800 CR current 3s rating to equip, if you drop below a certain rating the pieces of gear you have on become replaced with Grevious quality and then automatically upgrade when the rating is reached or surpassed again

Make the 1750 pieces require 1550 CR

make the 1250 pieces require 1400 CR

maybe remove conquest points and allow people to buy the prideful gear for free (with 3s rating for the item) ?

and maybe fix ele + dk + warlock damage so people can actually queue 3s

And make the elite weapons require 2400 CR to buy and use

Seems slightly unrealist don't you think? :3

Btw, why can't I buy enchant at 1.8CR in solo Q... :/

1bb034565fba7d5354f2641c7de016ad.png

What seems unrealistic about my post, fixing ele + dk + warlock damage?

jk, I mean ..I'd personally enjoy a server like that, actually feels kinda rewarding and uniquely cool

add some mounts which cost a fuck-ton of conquest and require like 2.4, 2.6, 2.8, 3k CR to buy

And honestly - seriously now, pandawow generates how much money per month? I have no idea but it must be a lot

imagine if you ACTUALLY awarded the top 3 players in 2s / 3s with some real money, even if it's only like £80 or something, A LOT of people would play for fun and it'd feel super competitive at the same time, this amount of money for a server over the course of a year long season? is literally nothing, the population growth and competition on the server would boost donations dramatically and provide you with even more money than you'd lose by awarding it in the first place

literally population growth + more money for the server owners, it's win win win win winnnnn

Edited by akuyama

What seems unrealistic about my post, fixing ele + dk + warlock damage?

jk, I mean ..I'd personally enjoy a server like that, actually feels kinda rewarding and uniquely cool

add some mounts which cost a fuck-ton of conquest and require like 2.4, 2.6, 2.8, 3k CR to buy

And honestly - seriously now, pandawow generates how much money per month? I have no idea but it must be a lot

imagine if you ACTUALLY awarded the top 3 players in 2s / 3s with some real money, even if it's only like £80 or something, A LOT of people would play for fun and it'd feel super competitive at the same time, this amount of money for a server over the course of a year long season? is literally nothing, the population growth and competition on the server would boost donations dramatically and provide you with even more money than you'd lose by awarding it in the first place

literally population growth + more money for the server owners, it's win win win win winnnnn

Yea, a man can dream^^ I'd like the ideas themselves tho.

Edited by Autschbatsch

even something as simple as making leg enchant / shoulder enchant require 2,000 CR in 2s + 1,750 CR in 3s simultaneously would feel so cool, like ..this server is just a bunch of random people playing un-seriously a few times a week to kill an hour or less, there is no point to even play on here

you gotta captivate people and make them achieve something, otherwise the feeling to continue playing is not there

I dunno, I am not good at articulating my thoughts but, you get the general idea

If I have something better to do, I'd go do it in a heartbeat, but if I was working towards something like "attaining this leg enchant or piece of gear" I'd put in more time and feel good about it and want to continue playing more after earning it because I put the time in and got rewarded physiologically, like a personal mini-mission victory of mine

and once you've earned something and felt good about it, you'll continue to play because the vast majority of people won't quit after earning something they put a lot of time / energy into, otherwise it'd just be wasted for them, not everybody would have it at the same time as well because others earn it faster / slower than others, so this teeny, tiny little advantage over other players feels mentally good and makes you wanna continue and even showing off in some sense just by having it

take for example (on a lesser scale) that feeling you got when on vanilla live 1.12.1 and you inspected a guy with a piece of gear from Naxx like t3 head or Naxx weapon, felt epic and like ..you wanted to be that guy

Edited by akuyama

you gotta captivate people and make them achieve something' date=' otherwise the feeling to continue playing is not there[/quote']

I'd put in more time and feel good about it and want to continue playing more after earning it because I put the time in and got rewarded physiologically' date=' like a personal mini-mission victory of mine[/quote']

take for example (on a lesser scale) that feeling you got when on vanilla live 1.12.1 and you inspected a guy with a piece of gear from Naxx like t3 head or Naxx weapon' date=' felt epic and like ..you wanted to be that guy[/quote']

Aaaaayeeee. Lot of people will disagree and cry on this logic but that's how I feel too.

strave

strafe? it has nothing to do with it

daydreaming

we already discussed incentives for best players like 10000 times

this wont work here b/c this idea doesnt account for a normal distribution of playerbase

the best idea is to add incentives to appeal to a mediocre players (1.5-2.0(2))

Well if you appeal to the mediocre players and not the others, you get a dead (ghost) server whose population you've no idea even exist because they're all queuing at 1.5k while doing their fishing / cooking / reputation dailies and don't even appear in the spectator or others ever queue into (like what we mostly have now)

If those guys had something to work towards as well then perhaps they'd want to try and improve their gameplay and get better to earn things

the problem is no high rated 3s, if you leave the 1.5k people doing their dailies and queuing for conquest points you'll never have any decent rated 3s

perhaps the biggest thing which could inject a lot of high rated players (new and old) into 3s and 2s would be fixing ALL the spells and stop breaking them (although this has been pointed out to be improbable of happening due to technical reasons), and awarding money for the top players at the end of the season ..and REMOVING THE OPTION TO BUY AN UNBAN AFTER CHEATING .........................

and be more strict with bans, actually have smart GMs amoung the players and permanently ban people DDosing / Wintrading without us having to provide pages of evidence which you most of the time don't even care about or use and just be more strict in general

and seriously now, you see somebody like Roguetrainer come back to the server after ddosing and wintrading you don't even wait until his next offense, you see him again you just instantly ban him, people like this should not be welcome here

If you've ddosed / wintraded and been caught, you should be banned forever and any attempt to circumnavigate the ban by creating a new account should not be allowed, for anybody.

Lagging + bugs

I mean .. I dont understand how no one has fun queuing on this lagging piece of shit called cross

https://clips.twitch.tv/TangentialDelightfulMallardTBCheesePull

EDIT :

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpinelessCovertCurlewChefFrank --> Can't even say if it was the charge bug or just cross being laggy :)

https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryPatientPenguinShadyLulu --> This is just fun to play you know ? Jk i had to stop playing wow after i did 1 game on my warrior. after the druid outplayed me, i could aswell not harmstring the warrior because he wasnt in my los apparently :)

I'm sorry but i played for like 1-2 years on PTR (NA Server) I had way less lags than i actually have on pandawows cross realm. Thats just gréat

Edited by C9Winston

Well if you appeal to the mediocre players and not the others, you get a dead (ghost) server whose population you've no idea even exist because they're all queuing at 1.5k while doing their fishing / cooking / reputation dailies and don't even appear in the spectator or others ever queue into (like what we mostly have now)

If those guys had something to work towards as well then perhaps they'd want to try and improve their gameplay and get better to earn things

the problem is no high rated 3s, if you leave the 1.5k people doing their dailies and queuing for conquest points you'll never have any decent rated 3s

This is so wrong, if we talked in person i wouldave answer to you, but i have no time to write the great china wall of text

and 1.5 is bad

> than 1.5 is mediocre

mediocre players (1.5-2.0(2))

• 4 months later...

Make DND block all chatting on cross-realm including /s /y etc. Tell me what you want, on retail you could not chat with enemies and I found this to be a bad feature if you can't disable it yourself on demand.

258396eac05f8100213dfef316d6e8c1.png

Also R.I.P. solo Q cause noone wants to face premades. :good:

Edited by Autschbatsch

• 3 weeks later...