What are the developers focusing at?

hunter1999

Pvp & PVE ARE COMPLETELY DEAD frost dks running arround soloing ANY healer in less than 2 secs.Holy paladins never go bellow 99% mana

Just nothing in pvp works battle fatigue nothing.PVE broken nothing works.So i am interested WHAT are you focusing on PVP or PVE cuz it seems like u aren't fixing pvp or pve.

Pvp & PVE ARE COMPLETELY DEAD frost dks running arround soloing ANY healer in less than 2 secs.Holy paladins never go bellow 99% mana

Just nothing in pvp works battle fatigue nothing.PVE broken nothing works.So i am interested WHAT are you focusing on PVP or PVE cuz it seems like u aren't fixing pvp or pve.

OH and i forgot to mention DESTO LOCKS hitting 400k with an instant spell.Obviosly pvp is just perfect

Hey I'm going to try and do my best to explain how private servers work a little bit for you, as I believe you are under the impression as many others are that the devs are here to change the way classes work, and balance specs in the game.

The people who work on private servers are tied up indefinitely, working hard to fix bugs and make the game work like it does in retail. They are trying to make the abilities work correctly, and hit for the correct amount of damage, etc. They are trying to get quests working, abilities, and so on, to work as intended.

The devs on private servers cannot be expected to, likely have no desire to, and frankly shouldn't have the audacity to try and re-balance the intricate interplay of every single ability and spec and class in the game. They are not going to spend the countless man hours of calculating and playtesting small tweaks in the damage and healing done by various abilities so that they can possibly do a better job then Blizzard themselves have done balancing all the classes, specs, and areas of gameplay. The goal here is to make this game work 100% perfectly like the real 5.42 that existed on retail at one point, and for each patch change thereafter.

To expect and demand that the admins of this server get there hands dirty modifying what frost DK's and destro locks are hitting for is short of preposterous. Such a modification is also virtually unprecedented on any private server, it's just simply opening up a can of worms and trying to modify something that they just don't have even the chance of succesfully managing the butterfly/ripple effect every change causes to the intricate interplay of various classes/specs in various areas of gameplay such as pvp/pve and those area's even more specialized variations therein.

People need to understand this: Private servers don't have the (desire, reason, priority, hours, testers) to play God with Blizzard's game, besides working towards effectively copying what already has been released. We would only be so lucky to have a game as balanced and well working as the one that Blizzard put out as patch X.XX, and not expect something "more balanced".

This issue comes up almost daily on almost every private server out there, and something about this should become a sticky basically. Not this exact thread but a paraphrase of the ideas presented here, so as to keep the forum clean of such whine threads in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Klez I also want to say to you and the rest of your crew, thank you so much.

Without having the huge project background that ***** and ****** have, you guys have come up in a shorter amount of time and created a far more polished project, true to the original game with no cross-faction mailboxes, dungeons, guilds, and other silly nonsense, and have put forth the finest quality private server I have ever had the privilege of playing on.

I have a decent grasp on the scope of the work required to create and maintain this project, and you guys should be very proud of yourselves. You are indeed working very quickly, and very effectively, already surpassing the level of polish of many if not all your competitors/peers.

Edited by noshi