Technical works / problems

Zeox

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
The server is working in the mode of checking and searching for vulnerabilities that can lead to increased server latency. Unfortunately, this mode itself may cause a heavy load. Please be patient. Edited by Buka

• Administrators

The mode of checking and searching for vulnerabilities has been disabled, data is collected. Now the server latency should be slightly less.

Developers in the morning will begin to parse the data and look for solutions to the problems found.

Thanks to everyone!

• Administrators
We are aware of the situation with downloading the launcher, this is due to technical difficulties encountered on github servers, from where the data downloads. We hope that the situation will normalize soon and the download will become possible again.

• Administrators

Update:

The reason is why the server is unavailable is that during the morning restart the server did not turn off, but simply became unavailable. Therefore, he is working now, but you can’t access it. To solve the problem, we need to change files that only Zeox has access to.

He is online now, we're working.

• Administrators

Servers are enabled and available.

We apologize for such a long technical work, in connection with a lot of crashes / restarts / problems during yesterday and today - we have decided to give out to all the players who entered the game yesterday and today 300 inner_main_info_logo_silver.png silver coins *.

You can spend them by going to our shop: https://cp.pandawow.ru/shop.html

*Bonuses were given to those who at least once donated / voted for the project.

Thank you for understanding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The PandaWoW x100 server is down for unplanned maintenance work.

Reason for work: Many players randomly lose purchased / received items.

Timing: Preliminary, fixing may take up to 2 days. I will report about progress in this thread.

Updated [2:44]: All is going good , queries to database are being processed. No ETA.

Updated [3:51]: Queries execution was temporarily interrupted, it was decided to implement additional indexes for tables that are involved in optimization. To significantly speed up the procedure.

Updated [7:57]: All index procedures have been completed, queries execution continues. The result is excellent, queries run ten times faster.

Updated [9:11]: Based on the current speed, it will take ~ 3.5 days to complete the entire procedure. I can immediately say that after completion of work we will give compensation, so far without details. I’ll go to sleep, so there will be no updates in the coming hours, and there’s nothing to be said for now, because I can’t influence the process itself.

Updated [15:23]: Current progress 8% (15031405 / 183657695).

Updated [21:42]: Current progress 15% (28500289 / 183657695).

Updated [14:42]: Current progress 35% (65303510 / 183657695).

[10.06.20]

Updated [1:03]: Current progress 47% (87412962 / 183657695).

Updated [5:55]: Current progress 53% (98134608 / 183657695).

Updated [18:23]: Current progress 68% (126023822/ 183657695).

[11.06.20]

Updated [5:34]: Current progress 81% (149772412 / 183657695).

Updated [16:18]: Current progress 94% (173415123 / 183657695).

Updated [22:17]: The process that we were tracking above is successfully completed. A data validation process has now been launched to ensure that the procedure is completed correctly. I think it will take several hours, in any case, the server will not be available until tomorrow afternoon.

Updated [23:40]: At the moment, all the procedures have been completed successfully :)

In the nearest future I will publish more information.

• Administrators

Dear players, I am happy to announce that all procedures have been successfully completed.

A small report on the work done and the reason of the problems.

What happened:

On June 7, the server PandaWoW x100 discovered a problem with the random disappearance of items, as soon as I was informed about this problem - work began. During the diagnosis, it was found that the unique identifiers of the items exceeded the permissible value - 4294967295 .

Probably you will have a question why this number is the "limit"?

The unique identifier (GUID) of the items is stored in the Database in the Integer format, the client is limited to 32 bits in this field, so the maximum allowable decimal number is 4294967295.

Does this mean that there are almost 4.3 billion items on the server?

No, not really. Because the GUID is a field that is automatically incremented, i.e. for example: you get 10 items, their GUID will be from 1 to 10. Even if you remove all these items out of the bag, the next item you receive will have a GUID 11. This implies a logical conclusion - in fact, there are much less items in the database, but the counter itself has already reached its maximum.

Following the logic, this situation can happen again?

Yes, it will happen again, but not in the next few years. Let me remind you that PandaWoW x100 has been online for 7 years, and for the first time we encountered this problem.

How was this problem resolved?

The MYSQL procedure was created, which allows us to sort the GUIDs of items in order to expose them all in order, without taking those already deleted items. But, this procedure is very time-consuming (as you might notice by the process time), because in addition to one table with items, there are also a dozen secondary tables that contain information about items, such as: auction, mail, bank, guild bank , position in bags, transmogrification and others. Accordingly, updating the GUID was necessary in all of these tables.

How long did the technical work last?

4 full days.

Now let's get to the good news. :)

• At the same time, we've cleaned nicknames of characters who didn't enter the game later than January 1, 2018, total 4,215,924 nicknames were cleared . All such characters were given the opportunity to change their nickname the next time they entered the game.
  • In connection with such long technical work, it was decided to compensate all players who visited the PandaWoW x100 server during the last week (June 1 and later) and at least once voted for the project / donated - 500 gold coins to each, total was given 1 751 000 gold coins .
  • In the coming week, the rates on the drop of items on the server PandaWoW x100 increased by 50% .
  • Server PandaWoW x100 should become available in the next hour, after that a control panel for x100 will work too.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

In the next 30 minutes, servers will be restarted to apply an update.

UPD> Servers are updated.

UPD> Isuue with Cross Realm is known us, we are working to resolve this issue.

UPD> Cross Realm is available again.

Edited by Buka