Technical works / problems

Zeox

• Administrators
We've successfully found an issue with authserver (except of DDoS), there were an exploit to crash it, some people had been abusing it to keep authserver crashing. Now it's fixed and all issues with login must be fixed. I'm still running authserver with GDB debugger to be sure that it's ok. If you still have any problems with connection to our servers - feel free to create a topic in technical support , Thanks. Sorry for problems.

• Administrators

In the next 30 minutes, the servers will be disabled to update the server core. The estimated work time is 10-30 minutes. I will report about the progress in this message.

Updated 02:00 - All servers are updated and available.

• Administrators

We have just reverted x100/xFun realms to old revision, because of new issues with lags. We already know the issue and we plan to fix it tomorrow, I will update the server on new revision as soon as fix will be tested. Cross realm is still working with new revision, right now we don't see any reasons to revert it. We continue investigating this situation. Sorry for problems.

Updated 00:52 - Cross server is also reverted.

• Administrators

In the next 30 minutes, the servers will be disabled to update the server core. The estimated work time is 10-30 minutes. I will report about the progress in this message.

Updated 20:50 - All servers are updated and available.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Updated 04:10 - All servers are updated and available.

• Administrators

In the next 30 minutes, the servers will be disabled to update the server core.

We will apply few crash fixes and fixes to cross-faction BG.

The estimated work time is 5-10 minutes. I will report about the progress in this message.

• Administrators

We will apply few hot-fixes:

- Changes to MovementGenerator.

- Fixed bug when in some cases objects don't receive damage (like gates on BG etc).

- Fixes to http://db.pandawow.me?npc=71965.

- Fixed bug with generating Burning Embers by https://db.pandawow.me/?spell=29722 / https://db.pandawow.me/?spell=17962 .

The estimated work time is 10-15 minutes. I will report about the progress in this message.

Updated 16:05 - All servers are updated and available.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The estimated work time is 5-10 minutes. I will report about the progress in this message.

Updated 03:24 - All servers are updated and available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Updated 22:30 - All servers are updated and available.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Also all arena ratings will be resetted and new season will start: http://forum.pandawow.ru/showthread.php?t=242386

Updated 20:22 - All realms are available. New season has begun.

• Administrators

We apologize for the very frequent crashes of PandaWoW x100, a more informative debugging system works, so if something goes wrong - the server immediately shuts down and creates a callstack so thanks to that we can detect an issue.

At the moment, we have already received information for 15 reasons of crash / memory corruption, some are repeated, but nevertheless, we are working to fix them all, after which the server will be updated and we will continue to monitor the stability of the server.

Frequent crashes are still going on, we hope to solve the problem today.

Updated 18:30 - First part of fixes is done, will be applied after next crash.

Updated 18:53 - Second part is done, server is updating right now, will be available in 10-15 minutes. We continue debugging.

• Administrators

In 10 minutes, the servers will be updated.

After updating the server PandaWoW x100 2 raids will be disabled: Throne of the Four Winds and the Baradin Hold.

We apologize for such inconveniences, but we continue looking for the reason of frequent crashes, this is a necessary measure. We will report the news in this thread.

• Administrators

A reason of crash has been found and fixed, on days we will have one more regular update with new fixes.

I would like to say "Sorry" for these crashes once more, thanks for understanding, good that now the problem is solved.

• Administrators

Updated 00:05 - All realms are updated and available.

Updated 00:17 - We are aware about problems with cross. We're working to fix crashes.

Updated 00:25 - Cross server crashes must be fixed, will be aplied after next crash.

Updated 01:17 - Now we have crashes on PandaWoW x100 / xFun, working on them.

Updated 01:41 - We've made a potential fix and already updated servers. After next crash it will be applied. Must help, we'll continue watching a situation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Updated 03:50 - All realms are updated and available.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

In the next 30 minutes, the servers will be disabled to update the server core. The estimated work time is 10-15 minutes. I will report about the progress in this message.

Updated 01:15 - All realms are updated and available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Updated 01:41 - All realms are updated and available.

Edited by Buka

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

In the next 30 minutes the servers will be disabled to update the server core. The estimated work time is 10-30 minutes. We will report about the progress in this message.

UPDATE +30min: All realms are updated and available.

Edited by Buka

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I apologize for the delay and the lack of news, we ran into problems, as this update used new technologies that require the installation of new packages and libraries.

All this time I tried to make it work on the current operating system, but this is simply impossible. The servers are running on the old core version right now (which was before shutdown tonight), during the day I will publish more information.

Most likely we are waiting for offline in a couple of days to reinstall the operating system on all servers, this is a forced measure in order to clean things and make work everything that was implemented by the developers.

• Administrators

Today we have ordered new server hardware, we expect to receive it next week, until this servers won't be updated.

After we receive the new hardware, the server will be disabled for a couple of days. Basically, it takes so much time to transfer databases, for x100 it is approximately 400 GB, for Fun something like 750GB.

Thanks to this solution:

• We will switch to more modern hardware.
  • A new version of the operating system will be used, respectively, all packages, libraries, and so on will be updated to the latest versions, at the moment this is all outdated, since we have not done a complete hardware upgrade for quite a long time.

Also this time we decided to approach the issue more comprehensively:

• A new model of server management, which has already proven itself on the projects of our French partners, and was also created for our future BFA project.
  • Thanks to this, we will get more convenient tools for managing the server, logging what is happening, etc.
  • Developers will have new tools that will help them in their work, for example: PTR server with automatic update after any changes, automatic sending of crash logs to all developers, so now in case of some unexpected crashes, developers will be able to fix them themselves, and don't wait for me
  • A new automatic backup system will also be introduced.
  • And of course, from the point of view of security, we will move to a completely new level.

I will report news in this topic.

• 3 weeks later...