Questions & Rumors

StarCaller

Questions & Rumors that needs to be awnserd.

I was thinking that there are some Questions & Rumors that have been active on this server that needs to be cleard out about me.

"Are you Zeox son?"

This one is funny and I actually get this Question a lot, but no I'm not his son.

"People think I'm Russian"

No sorry I'm not, tho it would be nice to be sometimes.

"Are you a youtuber/streamer?"

This one I get a lot when I'm in skype calls, I have no clue why people ask this but yes I have streamed some in my day but at the momment I have a bad upload speed so I can't, and about youtube and videos in general I have tons of recorded material from WoW and other games I just haven't posted them for some reason.

"Mixing me up with some uber good player"

I'm not a pro player, I play for fun.

"Mixing me up with duels and Hijax"

I suck at 1v1 like really I do, that also makes me hate duels.

"StarCaller donaeted to become a Mod"

No I did not.

There are some things I get asked & some rumors hope this cleard up some things.

Have fun in-game and remember to follow the rules.

And if you wanna, tell me what random Questions & Rumors there is about you if you know some of them.

Edited by StarCaller

"Are you GM????"

No, I'm part of Pandawow staff as a Chat Moderator for the Fun realm. Will also accept two more jobs for Pandawow, as International Technical Support and Facebook page admin.

"Are you russian?"

No, I'm from Bucharest, Romania and I only speak English and, of course, Romanian. I can, however, use Google Translate, so if I mute a russian player for "obscene language", I actually did check what he said. :)

"Can you give me bonuses or conquest points?"

No, I cannot. Chat Moderators can only interfeer in chat problems aswell as answering in-game tickets. GMs also cannot summon items for players, as that is a rule on Pandawow made so nobody, EVER, can help another player with free items or boosts. Only people who can use .summon or .add commands are Administrators, Developers and Testers. The testers can ONLY use those commands on test realms, tho.

"What can I do to become a Pandawow staff member?"

You either get chosen for it, based on how much you enjoy helping people with their problems and respecting the rules, OR you can write a short resume with information about yourself aswell as why you want to become a staff member and send this to our lead Game Master. You can view who that is on the list of Pandawow staff, but as a person who wants to get involved, you should already know who that is :)

"Why aren't you high rated, you scrub??"

I never pushed for rating, as I won't become obsessed with a simple number. However, the reason why I stay low rated(>2k) is because I help ungeared guildmates cap, or I join 1vs2 arenas to learn my class. I've always hated arenas and was more a BG fan. Call me scrub, I don't care, but when I destroy you in BGs....don't say "I'm abusing GM powers" :)

"How much do you get paid for your work on pandawow?"

I don't get paid. I volunteered for this job in order to help the community aswell as the server to the best of my ability. I think all chat moderators fall into the same cathegory here. The Pandawow staff, however, is generous enough to reward me for my efforts with bonus points. I can use those points just like everyone else, to buy gear, characters, mounts and transmog gear.

"Is your job easy?"

It may look like it is, but it's not. Definetly not.

A chat moderator needs to always keep an eye open on all public channels to make sure everyone follows the servers rules. Upon witnessing an infraction, a chat moderator needs to apply punishment fitting the infraction.

A chat moderator is also responsible for answering in-game tickets from players. This, again, may look easy but it's difficult job. Imagine a 200 ticket queue where more then half of the tickets are exploits reports(even tho exploit reports should be submitted on the forum, NOT via ticket), 50 are about broken quests/items/spells/etc and the rest usually people asking questions that would much better and faster be answered by the community, such as:

-where do I buy mounts?

-when does cap reset?

-where can I buy gear?

-where can I buy glyphs?

-why is this quest bugged?

-why was the T6 vendor removed?

-why don't you ban the hackers???!111

-etc

"Are you GM????"

I get this one too :3

"Can you give me bonuses or conquest points?"

Recently this has happend often

"What can I do to become a Pandawow staff member?"

I Just say to look on the forums there is how to become one and if they want a link I link them. I don't get this that much.

"Why aren't you high rated, you scrub??"

Hahahah I get this so much, but atm I'm gonna rise my rating so people in the arena watch out.

And this one is some question I get a lot!

"How can a GM have a guild???!!!11?"

Edited by StarCaller

I'm in a guild too and people say: "boy, lucky people to have a GM of their own"

Fact is, my guildmates get muted for breaking the rules all the time, I don't care. There's a line that defines my social life in this game and my job in this game. :)

I'm in a guild too and people say: "boy, lucky people to have a GM of their own"

Fact is, my guildmates get muted for breaking the rules all the time, I don't care. There's a line that defines my social life in this game and my job in this game. :)

Ye I sometimes have people joining and they think they are safe from everything that is SO WRONG.

Tho I was thinking of asking Zeox if he can add a "General Discussions" to the forums wat do U think about that? I would have many topics to move there.

Edited by StarCaller

• 4 weeks later...
Fine by me, aslong as you moderate it! Muhahaha

JK, ask him, I'll support you with both the ideea and work on it ;-)

I know this isn't the right place to write, but somehow it's related to this post. So I would like to contact you, uraganuu, to discuss something. Your inbox is full, so I can't send a pm here on the forum to you, so I'd like you to give me some kind of option to pm you :)

EDIT: problems solved, thanks :)

Edited by Matukaa

• 2 years later...