PvE Gear in PvP

dotadoom

1. PvE Gear in PvP.

2. PvE gear item level does not scale down in PvP.

3. PvE gear should scale down in item level while in PvP.

4. 12/10/2014

5. Fun realm.

6. 10/10 (most players abuse it and it ruins the fun in retail-like pvp, since player do about the same damage but have like 50% more hp).

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah it needs to be fixed but when i was looking at the charts what i saw that rank 1-10 have only 2-3 items from the pve gear. I don't understand why isn't pve gear better?

I farmed some PVE gear for my DK and my arena rating went up form 2.2k to 2.4k in a day. PVE gear is OP.

Bump +++

I am not saying it's not op but why rank 1 players aren't using all BIS gear. I am not 100% sure but it's what i have seen.

you must mix pvp with pve for highest efficiency

weapon + trinkets must be pvp, leading to around 30-40% pvp power bonus

the rest of the items can go pve (or pvp if the set bonus is worth it)

that way you lose about 20% pvp power (which is around 15% more pvp damage) for much higher overall stats, which itself leads to even more damage/survivability

you must mix pvp with pve for highest efficiency

weapon + trinkets must be pvp, leading to around 30-40% pvp power bonus

the rest of the items can go pve (or pvp if the set bonus is worth it)

that way you lose about 20% pvp power (which is around 15% more pvp damage) for much higher overall stats, which itself leads to even more damage/survivability

I feel like pvp power is not working. I don't know.

PVP Power is working. It just doesn't scale as good as raw stats.

Here's the thing:

-as Dotadoom stated, "you lose about 20% pvp power (which is around 15% more pvp damage) for much higher overall stats"

-those overall stats not only give you more damage, but also more armor, crit, mastery, haste etc...

IF pve armor was scaled down in pvp environments, only a limited ammount of pve items would have any use to players.

BUMP for the fix, tho. Altho I enjoy my 850k HP(buffed) UH DK, I know it's not intended.

The other problem is that PvE gear should downgrade in PvP situations. At the moment, the PvE gear only loses its upgrade, meaning it will go back to 566 from 574, but it should go right back to 550, so they would give equal stats. I still don't think that you should go full PvP tho. I feel that you are kind of obligated to buy at least 2 PvE items: your ring, because PvP rings are unique equipped, and it won't give the PvP power twice, and the PvE rings are better by far; secondly any set item you'd like, because you already get the 4 set PvP bonus, and just as I said, PvE items give better stats overall.

At the moment I feel you, just because I bought full PvE for my spriest (I mean I have the 4 set PvE bonus, and I have a PvE ring, everything else is full 550 PvP) and I went up from 1500 to 1950 in a single day with a subtlety rogue shadow priest comp. The damage is ridiculous. Spriests on retail cannot even dream about that damage. My devouring plague initial damage is like 150-200k with crit, and I have 2 executes, both hitting for 100-110k crit. With the PvE bonus, my execute goes up to 180-200k crits. Just rofl

what will be the dominating spec/class in a 1v1 arena :?

sounds like dueling to me

I feel like feral will be really good and maybe fmages and dlocks with their troll cc.

And yeah it's dueling but with x10 times more kiting. It will be fun if they implement it.

Off-topic regarding those 1v1 arenas.

Tbh, it'll just ruin 2s and 3s in my opinion and gearing etc as a whole. Those custom stuff have a limit. I mean okay cross bgs fine whatever, but just to continue adding custom stuff it ruins the whole essence of wow. There is a 1v1 and its called dueling. In arenas it wont show the skill of a player, it'll mostly show the use of cooldowns and the OP-ness of some classes. It doesnt have teamwork and stuff like that. Arenas are made so you can learn to communicate with your teammate. And as I said at the start of this post, if this is implemented the 2s will probably drop with 50%. Idk bout 3s. What'll be next, following the example of AT and implementing soloQ ? They did that and the server kinda went downhill. IDK, im a nobody and my opinion wont make any difference, but I think thats a bad idea. Dont try to change the server with custom stuff. Change it with fixes and non-custom enviroment.

I feel like feral will be really good and maybe fmages and dlocks with their troll cc.

And yeah it's dueling but with x10 times more kiting. It will be fun if they implement it.

LOL no

warr 2nd wind(esp if ur bug abusing for aton of dmg)

locks cant cc warrs so ya and no1 here knows how to play a dlock properly

LOL no

warr 2nd wind(esp if ur bug abusing for aton of dmg)

locks cant cc warrs so ya and no1 here knows how to play a dlock properly

I didn't say warrior because it beats almost everyone but you can win against him with feral and fmage at least that is what i think(and everyone knows that you can't win against war with lock). And can wars bug abuse?

Off-topic regarding those 1v1 arenas.

Tbh, it'll just ruin 2s and 3s in my opinion and gearing etc as a whole. Those custom stuff have a limit. I mean okay cross bgs fine whatever, but just to continue adding custom stuff it ruins the whole essence of wow. There is a 1v1 and its called dueling. In arenas it wont show the skill of a player, it'll mostly show the use of cooldowns and the OP-ness of some classes. It doesnt have teamwork and stuff like that. Arenas are made so you can learn to communicate with your teammate. And as I said at the start of this post, if this is implemented the 2s will probably drop with 50%. Idk bout 3s. What'll be next, following the example of AT and implementing soloQ ? They did that and the server kinda went downhill. IDK, im a nobody and my opinion wont make any difference, but I think thats a bad idea. Dont try to change the server with custom stuff. Change it with fixes and non-custom enviroment.

I think that there shouldn't be reward for 1v1 and you can't compare duels with 1v1 arenas. Because ferals, mages and other classes have no chance against warrior in open space with no place to kite.

@dfabel I agree that there shouldnt be a reward for 1v1 arenas. And Im not comparing it to duels, although you can also kite in duels, you can do pretty much the same thing you would do in arenas except that you cant use Time warp/Blood lust for example LoH and pots. Also, the thing about which class against which has no chance is purely situational. If the lets say Warrior is not skilled, even a warlock who has a slight point of what the warlock can do can kill him. It depends on alot of things.
I didn't say warrior because it beats almost everyone but you can win against him with feral and fmage at least that is what i think(and everyone knows that you can't win against war with lock). And can wars bug abuse?

I think that there shouldn't be reward for 1v1 and you can't compare duels with 1v1 arenas. Because ferals, mages and other classes have no chance against warrior in open space with no place to kite.

ye but still will be pretty hard to win

+eng is useless in arenas so anyway wont need it but i cant unlearn