(Spell) Life Cocoon

Stayfjurt

Life Cocoon (mistweaver spell): http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=116849/life-cocoon

Problem: it does not abosorb as much as it should. It only absorbs 74k. Also if used on Hunter with deterence insta wow crash for everyone.

How it must work: it should absorb scaled{by spell dmg} amount of dmg > for me 447k

Evidence : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9CC5eA99RE&feature=youtu.be

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86441[/ATTACH]

Date when I tested it: 06/07/2015 (day/month/year).

Realm: x100

Priority of the problem: 10/10.

Edited by Stayfjurt
Nothing to do with Battle fatigue. It absorbs only 70~80k with no battle fatigue. Its bugged af.

it is battle fatigue. outside of combat it absorbs 450k+, when i enter pvp combat it goes down to 70-80k. altho it can prob be something with pvp power as well.

• 3 weeks later...
I played on both WoD and 5.4.8. retail and I can confirm that Life Coccoon here is a joke, on retail if a monk used Life Cocoon it was a reason to swap to him, but here, it is an useless cooldown, which only works as intended sometimes(only happened once with me on an arena).
  • 2 weeks later...

Incase you needed more proof:

2:50 - "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bTph0mgnE".

Bubble absorbs for around 450k-525k in this clip.

I would be so grateful if they could fix this so that I could queue 3s with Chiv.. Mistweavers just aren't viable without this spell in 3s, since it's their 1 min big cd.

It's like a Rsham with no spiritlink only once every 15 mins, or a paladin without bubble, or a priest without gaurdian... It really is impossible to keep your team up if the enemy lands just 2 cc's on you.

It's true Mw has paralyse broken and OP on here, and they can own in 2s without even this bubble.. But for 3s they really can't play without it. :(

Edited by Ðionysus
Life Cacoon is affected by 2 battle fatigues which ends up to ~80k absorb shield , and should be affected by one battle fatigue which would end up to ~250k absorb shield. Please fix this before season starts..

Even 250k seems low... But maybe with gear and stats it's around 400k? Just from watching other Vods, Mw in s15 seemed to have a 400k bubble. This 70k bubble is stupid.

cocoon should absorb more than 250k.. lol every1 who played retail will agree.

But before you gonna fix that, scale the monk heal correct. Otherwise MW will become the new godhealer

Before anything , MWs are burst healers and have good sustain healing.

250k ( base , no procs ) is on WoD at the moment sorry my mistake , and about Monk's healing everything is scaled correctly (Surging mist highest in arena /w TFT and trinket proc was 240k on feral druid, EvlMist (dispellable) 55k ~ 60k ticks /w procs on feral druid) , Revival is going up 240k/crit (3 min cd)

expect Healing Sphrees ( my highest was 120k/crit on fdruid , Arena ) which is insane but they got removed from game in WoD expansion for that reason, was over powered spell I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Even 250k seems low... But maybe with gear and stats it's around 400k? Just from watching other Vods, Mw in s15 seemed to have a 400k bubble. This 70k bubble is stupid.

Yes indeed but no more than 400k absorb shield :)

thahahahahahahahah

you are funny....

Go on warmane and there you will see how mw should work !

trust me, if MW would work correctly here, 90% of all mw´s here wouldn't play above 2.4

Yes, because 90% of monks of this server are playing by orb spam...

And monks are not only one with wrong scaling.. I mean look at holy paladins but they are underrated here for some reason.. :p

Just leaving the message but I'm working on some proofs with some healers(not all, because there aren't enough volunteers) to make a bug tracker thread about the healing scales on arena, which is not just making DPS/DPS really unviable, as it is also making matches dps/healer vs dps/healer be long(I'm talking about ~~80% dampening, which is ~~13 mins or so).
dude ... thats how 2s in s15 works >.>

I know but it is way more powerful than it should.

I'm not talking about nerfing healers, I'm talking about reduce the healing overall.

I played on s15 as resto druid and feral, and from what I remember, if you didn't avoid any CCs, your(my) partner would die.

But it is true that on s15 healer/dps were more strong, but it didn't have such a low skill cap such as now.

I know but it is way more powerful than it should.

I'm not talking about nerfing healers, I'm talking about reduce the healing overall.

I played on s15 as resto druid and feral, and from what I remember, if you didn't avoid any CCs, your(my) partner would die.

But it is true that on s15 healer/dps were more strong, but it didn't have such a low skill cap such as now.

lol just play rogue + mage and you have rmd when you play against resto druids

spellsteal + mage food abuse ftw

Another changelog and there is no important spells like this one... It's important that they fixed spell from protection paladin, yes we're so thankful...

They fixed arms warrior mastery and Nature's Vigil.

Life cocoon is most likely on the next changelog, along with the absorbs not being affected by dampening.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
They fixed a huge amount of shit recently.. Ring still dont dr with deep but it's radius has been fixed.. Dks fixed.. and they are busy with xrealm and shit, but i think this will be next fix.

I hope so anyway!

RoF isn't supposed to dr with deep freeze in 5.4.8. Check th3 DR list for 5.4.8.

Furemtal, im willing to help up if u wanna do some tests. But im not on 100x sadly- try the tests at xfun?

RoF isn't supposed to dr with deep freeze in 5.4.8. Check th3 DR list for 5.4.8.

Furemtal, im willing to help up if u wanna do some tests. But im not on 100x sadly- try the tests at xfun?

I don't play on x100, I play on fun realm.

Also, test what? The absorbs not being affected by dampening? I alredy posted proof about that on my thread.

And it is alredy of common knowledge that Ring of Frost does not DR with Deep Freeze, since it should count as an incapacitation effect instead of a freeze effect(it actually count as both but the DR is flagged as incapacitation, the same from Paralysis).

• Like 2

I checked before on vods, and if im not mistaken Deep does DR with Ring - but if you deep into sheep it doesn't dr.. I know that sounds weird, since sheep+ring are the same DR, but Deep and Ring share Dr even though they're not the same..

I could be wrong though, if you're sure I am i'll double check.

But either way, the dmg that can be taken while in ring here is ridiculous. Especially with a affliction lock in 3s.. Full dark soul dots, living bomb procing on you, orb on you, for 8 secs and it doesn't break. That's fucking stupid.

Edited by Ðionysus