Suggestion

uraganuu

Hello Pandawow Administration

Please consider changing the punishment for cheating from 30 day account ban to 30 day IP ban. Right now, when a cheater gets banned, he just creates a new/free account and starts cheating all over again.

This has a huge negative effect on the population, many players leaving the server in frustration because they can't deal with them anymore.

Either change the ban punishment from account to IP, or at least have the decency to recruit more GMs. Right now, ONLY 1 GM is active on the Fun realm and poor Bukarasik cannot be online non-stop.

I have witnessed big groups of people quitting this lovely server because they cannot get any pertinent response to their problems from GMs or they've had enough of seeing cheaters getting away unpunished all over the place.

If you don't change this, you will lose your bussiness slowly but surely, while the community will just switch the server they play on.

Also keep in mind that much weaker projects then Pandawow, such as ****** or even Freaks, altho more buggy and unstable, have many more GMs and more active international staff handleing player issues.

With respect, a former GM

• Like 1

i second this suggestion. when there is a flag game, i focus so much if there is players who are cheating to report them right away. i was once in another server, and i reported a player, and i sent proof that he told me he was cheating, and they did nothing at all. which made me so angry and leave after a while. i already built myself again from 0 here. please do not make the same mistake again of leaving such matters be slowly dealt with. when a report is done it should be processed within a maximum of one hour.

I'm here just to say something that was frustrating on my server.

You can reset your router to receive a new IP, thus making the .ban ip X kinda not that useful.

My router is quite shitty(or kinda) in relation to reseting, it takes ~~3 minutes, but some more modern and common routers take 1 minute or less to do so.

Anyway, resuming, the current account ban is more effective.

In order to avoid some of those disrespectful hackers, I'd recommend adding a 20 min deserter(or so) when a character is created(and no possibiliy to repair him to remove the deserter), thus you would have plenty of time to gear up, set your skills and even begin/learn a profession.

the issue is that they create a whole new account. not a simple new character. some people do not even care about the game at all. but they do this, to get a full prideful gear and sell them. hacking is the fastest way. creating a new account is not an issue at all for them. it is not like they "LOVE" their characters or something.

getting a new IP does not mean you get the public IP. anyway, now that you mention it, it COULD create a problem, as in a lot of places a client get a shared IP address. means like 500-800 people getting banned at same time lol

I would like to suggest something else, make the potions of 4k agi/str/int infinite as the flasks, there is no point since you can have tons of it in your bags, however with 1 which doesn't consumes itself would be awesome, because of more space for fun stuff :beer:

OP, I like the idea, however many people (including me) have dynamic IP, a way to do it would be with a localStorage file which checks for some kind of data in the users PC.

a way to do it would be with a localStorage file which checks for some kind of data in the users PC.

http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Your+mom+_bac9a35fe521f54d0a4f91e441308369.gif

var hacks = findAllWoWHacksOnUserPcOrMac();

if(hacks) {

banUser();

}

Edited by dotadoom

*Text with font-family: Palatino Linotype*

Why do you think blizzard allows client side hacking? It's nice to enforce your subscribers to pay for unban or another account after they get banned. This, however is not applicable on private servers and there are no good (up-to-date) anti-hack tools as far as I know. No other solution than dealing with it; plus this is only a problem on fun server since players start 90 with 496 ilvl gear.

PS I like when I join a flag bg and there's a speed hacker in the enemy team; we still win over 1/3 of the games since those players are gankable (mostly nooby kids who came for the troll) and predictable if you are quick enough

There is a speed cap(obviously, durr), and an even more fair suggestion without the download of an additional file that would probably be recognized as a virus is to do the following:

.mod speed(console command for alterating speed of a player or of the GM itself) or using a third party program for hacking use the same rule - They set the speed, but if the speed changes, then the data is sent to the server which then changes the speed to the correct value. My idea is that they add an aura active on BGs and arenas that applies the knockback effect but it doesnt move the player(enough only for the server to detect, must be totally unoticeable by the player), and it also slows/accelerates his speed by a really small amount for a small period of time(1 sec?) and then restores its previous speed, thus if you're hacking with speed/fly you'll have your speed restored to the normal and the knockback will disable your fly.

To prevent that people on mounts get this knockback, fall and die, then just make it possible on BGs and arenas, places where you can't fly.

A good aura for this would be the old typhoon spell's effect.

Or we could just have an anti-hack or at least block this one *popular* hacking program that you can find in one google search.

We have an anti hack that works really well, it even detects lagging players or people who are stuck in bugged areas, but it has only one design flaw in it. It needs a GM to check each report, and if one isn't online...nothing happens.

I don't know how active anti hack software works, but if the passive one detects huge lag affected players as a speedhack, the active one might auto-ban innocent people, and that is a huge problem.

Simple solution: recruit more GMs that live in different time-zones, so that there's one online on each realm 24/7.

The passive system works really good, too bad that, besides Bukarasik, no other GMs bother to login.

So, we either need more GMs or an active anti-hack system.

That dude Calvodk annoyed hundreds of players in a single day, by just recreating accounts, making DKs, turning on his software and gripping people under the map. Buka banned like 3-4 accounts of his, yet he's coming back on a new account....wich results in frustration and people quitting. No matter what you do, pandawow administration, there will always be players like him, willing to "have fun" while ruining fun for others, and untill you invest either money in a new anti cheat system, or resources recruiting new GMs...this problem will only get worse, bringing the decline of our beloved server.

Sad Panda signing off!

resources recruiting new GMs...this problem will only get worse, bringing the decline of our beloved server.

lol are resources consumed for GMs/Mods? I mean, they don't give money for it, right?

At least I submitted to be free, but since my last bans here on the forum I think that I won't get it, lol.

Resources pretty much means time spent filtering and recruiting GMs, yes.Ite's a screening process. It's pretty much a lenghty process, nobody would ever want a GM to go rogue and start banning the server or causing havoc in populated zones :)

When I was GM I made a "fun" macro, where I would bind the .summ player command to a key and just click away players, summon them to me in the air and dropping them. It was very fun for regular players, harmless teleports, but you can do pretty heavy damage to someone's concept of fun with just a simple command. A rogue GM could teleport players to the GM island, for example, where they are completely unable to return besides cheats or hearthstone :)

Posibilities are pretty much endless....you can teleport players in the middle of the sea :)

Edited by uraganuu

Text

I remember on one of the servers on which I was being a GM(not an admin) and I was being rather... Well, let's say some people were editing their characters and some of them were under protection of the admins(wot) and one of them instead of just randomly kicking me of the staff he logged into my account, used the .learn command to learn the Apocalypse spell used by Lich King to knockback, and he simply did it on the mall, fucking up all of the NPCs.

Result?

Server had a 2 hour rollback, player rages, and I got bad rep(which later I asked one of the admins that were friendly to me to check my IP log, which revealed that ~~someone~~ had logged in on my account to do so, but he refused to check the other admin's IP).

I know the pain.

• Like 1

Ip ban is a solution, this is the only private server i see this problem, pandashan actually don't have hacks anymore. anticheat for disconect auto from server and ban ip, so you can't log anymore if you created another account, is magic i guess. Most of this fuckin hacks here are kids. i think they don't know about router or solve ip configs. they only know, i have my account , i download my hack , i turn on my hack and mess with this server. its sad, for others players, like me i enter bg and have 3 fuckin dks pulled you for underground, btw i saw Elbrujo pujo kill a hacker so beautiful. i trying do the same, but my warrior don't have sucess xD.

Just saying that the server has no anti-hack, nor GMs to ban them.

The anti-hack only warns the GMs that there are some people using it, but there are no GMs online. The only GM that is online is Talvio, he logs for 20 minutes 2 times a day, during that moment a lot of bans and mute shows up. I saw Kykla/Kykna log 2 times in 1 year and a half of time playing here all day.

As it says here there are other GMs that are also responsable for the Fun realm, such as:

Shadrissa(if he/she ever logged in, I never saw it, unless it is a different time-zone, yet I am online even when it's like 03:00 AM on my country) - Шадрисса \ Shadrissa

*Some other mods that don't help too much, only watch the /world chat, not the english one*

FFS, they didn't even bother to remove Winwer from the moderator list.

Edited by Furmetal

I'm here just to say something that was frustrating on my server.

You can reset your router to receive a new IP, thus making the .ban ip X kinda not that useful.

My router is quite shitty(or kinda) in relation to reseting, it takes ~~3 minutes, but some more modern and common routers take 1 minute or less to do so.

Anyway, resuming, the current account ban is more effective.

In order to avoid some of those disrespectful hackers, I'd recommend adding a 20 min deserter(or so) when a character is created(and no possibiliy to repair him to remove the deserter), thus you would have plenty of time to gear up, set your skills and even begin/learn a profession.

Nyah, do you realize not everyone has a dynamic IP.. meaning they can't just unplug their router for a certain time to recieve a new IP. If they are continueing to get on after an IP ban, they're most likely using a VPN, but on topic.. I'm with Uraganuu. Can they at least hire active GMs? Most of the bgs i get in there's always a "hacker" and it's not good for the players game experience. (i don't know if that makes sense.) but yeah, it would help if they hired more GMs or did the IP ban, it would most likely decrease the population of "hackers".

Nyah, do you realize not everyone has a dynamic IP.. meaning they can't just unplug their router for a certain time to recieve a new IP. If they are continueing to get on after an IP ban, they're most likely using a VPN, but on topic.. I'm with Uraganuu. Can they at least hire active GMs? Most of the bgs i get in there's always a "hacker" and it's not good for the players game experience. (i don't know if that makes sense.) but yeah, it would help if they hired more GMs or did the IP ban, it would most likely decrease the population of "hackers".

If we had active GMs this thread would be pointless. Would.

Indeed, not everyone has a dinamic IP, but ~~85% or more has it.

Also, it seems unflexible to change the rules to ban someone by IP.

In my opinion the solution would be to hire more GMs that actually do their job, all other things are mere auxiliars.

• Like 1