Necrotic strike proper formula

Furmetal

Realm tested - Fun

Spell - Necrotic Strike(removed in warlords of draenor, therefore no wowhead link)

Date tested - 07/10/2015

Description - The formula is wrong, because Necrotic Strike is being affected by PvP Power, see the spoiler below for the details

As you can see above, the debuff applies the following formula for the absorb:

Absorb = AP*2,25(225% of attack power)

DK's attack power = 33892

Warrior's resilience = 80.11%(due to resilience bug)

DK's PvP Power = 31.74%

Absorb Formula

33892 * 2,25 = 76527

Adding PvP Power(which affects World PvE)

76527 * 1,3174 = 100460 (current damage in pve targets)

Adding Resilience

80.11% of 140035 = 81473

100460 - 81473 = 18987 (correct necrotic strike absorb)

Current Necrotics - 19977

Note - Necrotic Strike's absorb doesn't benefit from Mastery nor PvP Power, but is affected by the target's PvP resilience. PvP Power, Mastery, MMO Champion about PvP Power discussions.

Note - Tested with a 496 ilvl death knight and 496 ilvl warrior, both without enchants, gems and procs.

How it should work - The formula should be applied properly, not being affected by PvP Power at all.

Priority - 9/10, because this absorb gets bigger and bigger the more gear you get, so you can deal ~~80k per necrotic strike, and it is easily stackable to 300k, and no healer can outheal that without great sacrifices, specially on dampening.

Important Note - It seems that mastery/pvp power is not taken into the final result(since they have no effect over the Necrotic Strike).

Edited by Furmetal
  • Like 1
The trinkets were fixed, right? What you wrote makes absolutely no sense FacePalm

The PvE trinkets are NOT scaled. Test it in the game.

It makes no sense to criticize other before you test it yourself, right? The trinkets that are supposed to give 12-13k Strenght currently give more then 40k, nothing is scaled, NOT ONE of the PvE trinkets is working as intended and this includes the Shado-Pan ones that give 22k+ instead of 8k.

And I'm doing 800k without any PvE trinkets, just regular burst ~6-7 necros.

Edited by uraganuu
Ah, here we go again, necro strike drama. I don't know why you guys keep trying. I've been on this server for a year now and ever since i've started playing here there have been necro strike reports. It never got fixed so far. I would've probably given up by now. This server doesn't even work on fixes, it buys them from independent developers and applies them. I'm pretty sure they have the fix for the necro strike, but they just don't want to apply it because some admin or gm plays a dk at high rating to compensate for his lack of ... how to put it ... you know, same thing as when guys buy huge trucks and stuff like that. So yeah props to you for reporting once more. But let's face the facts, it's never getting fixed.
  • Like 1
Ah, here we go again, necro strike drama. I don't know why you guys keep trying. I've been on this server for a year now and ever since i've started playing here there have been necro strike reports. It never got fixed so far. I would've probably given up by now. This server doesn't even work on fixes, it buys them from independent developers and applies them. I'm pretty sure they have the fix for the necro strike, but they just don't want to apply it because some admin or gm plays a dk at high rating to compensate for his lack of ... how to put it ... you know, same thing as when guys buy huge trucks and stuff like that. So yeah props to you for reporting once more. But let's face the facts, it's never getting fixed.

A month ago it was fixed.

Then the fix was removed.

Realm tested - Fun

Spell - Necrotic Strike(removed in warlords of draenor, therefore no wowhead link)

Date tested - 07/10/2015

Description - The formula is wrong, see the spoiler below for the details.

Absorb = AP*1(100% of attack power)

Death knight's attack power = 33922

Death knight's mastery = 34.62%

Death knight's pvp power = 34.62%

Hioshiru(character which suffered the necrotic strikes)'s resilience = 80.38%

Necrotic Strike's absorb

Necrotic strike absorb = 33922(without applying resilience/pvp power/mastery)

Adding mastery

31.40% of 33922 = 10651

33922 + 10651 = 44573(without applying resilience/pvp power)

Adding PvP Power

34.62% of 44573 = 15431

44573 + 15431 = 60004(without applying resilience)

Adding PvP Resilience

80.38% of 60004 = 48195

60004 – 48195 = 11809

Current death knight's necrotic strikes - 19962

Death knight's status

Hioshiru's status

Note - All done without procs

How it should work - The formula should be applied properly.

Priority - 9/10, because this absorb gets bigger and bigger the more gear you get, so you can deal ~~80k per necrotic strike, and it is easily stackable to 300k, and no healer can outheal that without great sacrifices, specially on dampening.

__UPDATE__

I did some tests and also searched on google for like 1 hour now. What i can say it : Necrotic isn't affected by Mastery Not on pandawow and it wasn't also on retail. So do that calculation again and you will see that necrotic hits WAY harder than it should.

i did it for you btw, and the absorb should be 9133,15

The other thing im not sure about is PvP power. I see no reason why PvP power ( which only increase DMG and HEAL ) affect with an absorb. Also i found like 5 threads where people say that it wasn't affected by PvP power back in Mop. But yes hope someone can do some more tests because im abit busy and ive to go afk now :D

But thats what i actually found out, hope someone can work with it

What I've noticed so far is that necro is working as intented in arenas, as for outside or duels its scaling is broken (absorbing way too much), I suggest you to prove this with your own eyes.

I suggest u to prove that the absorption is "working as intended" in arena then.

I suggest u to prove that the absorption is "working as intended" in arena then.

Without proc necro tend to absorb 49k, with 4 procs(Fallen Crusader/2x trinkets/Swordguard(cloak) = 79k

Your test were outside arena as I mentioned earlier, how about you try it in arena?

Even Neff who calculated step-by-step proved that necro is fixed this season.

• Developers

Absorb = AP*1(100% of attack power)

No, necrotic strike currently scales with 225% of attack power, according to this patch note: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/5-3-0

• Necrotic Strike's healing absorption effect has been increased to 225% from attack power, up from 200%.

And it was tested on PTR 5.4.x, this coefficient is correct.

Also the absorb shouldnt be affected by pvp power in my opinion. Only the necrotic strike DMG.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004453720

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1472661-Does-Battle-Farigue-PvP-Power-affect-Necrotic-Strike-debuff

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1472661-Does-Battle-Farigue-PvP-Power-affect-Necrotic-Strike-debuff

So in my opinion it also make sense. PvP power only increase your DMG, not the absorb.

But as i said, im not sure, thats just a suggestion.

Edited by Noneedholy