Rate and MMR gains

Realm - Crossrealm

Spell/Item/Mechanic - The MMR/rate system.

Date tested - 01/09/2015 ~~ 01/11/2015

Description - The rate gain until you reach ~~1500ish is very fast, going from 0 to 1000 as ~~48 rate per win and from there and on, most give you 18 rate per win and a minimal reduction in your rate per loss. This is because once you start, you have around 1500 mmr set as default, and as you lose/win you get more and more(1500 might not be the correct value for 5.4.8.), but it seems that in PandaWoW this value seems to have little to no alteration at all, specially because the rate gains at high ratings gets irregularly low(this is, taking in account that the enemy team that you won had the same rate as you), and a loss reduces your rate drastically(about -30 or higher).

How it should work - The MMR should increase properly with rate.

Comments - Unfortunately I'm not able to give that many details, specially because there aren't any solid/trustable/clear about how does the gains and losses works.

Priority - 10/10, this is the core of the competitive arenas.

Blizzard Thread

If you have any thought to add, please do it politely in the comments.

Also, thanks to Noneedholy for pointing and discussing this.

• Like 10
+ on this.. Kinda annoying winning 6-9 everygame because you're 2.2k+ and when you lose you lose like 20 rofl... even though you're almost at the same mmr as the other team. This also happens to me with higher rated opponents, I win like 20+ from them but lose like 6-9 though their mmr is really close to mine aswell. Don't know if this is what you mean but I had to say what was bothering me.
  • 2 months later...

Fuck 3k teams . how many 3k teams are you going to face everyday ? maybe 1 in 3 days if you que all the time or get lucky ofc.

I am talking about daily grind on alts where you fight teams with the same mmr and you get 8-9 points every fukin time .

The only way to get fast rating here is to que with someone who has 10 times your rating and go undefeated .

And what about 3s ? So I have to beat all the 2.4+ wls,kfc teams to get more than 12 rating/win ? hell no dude

Fuck 3k teams . how many 3k teams are you going to face everyday ? maybe 1 in 3 days if you que all the time or get lucky ofc.

I am talking about daily grind on alts where you fight teams with the same mmr and you get 8-9 points every fukin time .

The only way to get fast rating here is to que with someone who has 10 times your rating and go undefeated .

And what about 3s ? So I have to beat all the 2.4+ wls,kfc teams to get more than 12 rating/win ? hell no dude

I fucking know right? Everytime I q on one of my chars I lose a game I lose like 15-19 if I win I get like fucking 5-7 whats the point of playing if u can't even push well? They really need to fucking fix this. Yeah, if u wanna get fast rating u gotta q with someone over 2.4 or something. The mmr gains and losses are really fucked up here and should be fixed for a more balanced mmr system so ppl dont rage everytime they lose.

Edited by Deathskin

what's your cr in 3s, but you shouldn't gain more than 12 rating for teams that are 200 ~ below you unless your cr is really low

On my alt priest I have 1.8 on 3s and I always get +8 . ResidentFukinSleeper

On my rogue I have 2k+ and ofc I get 3 per win . ResidentMotherFSleeper

Then I meet warrior,lock heroes and there goes all the progress with just 2 loses .

The mmr system might work as intended but the way 3s work here in pandawow is just dumb . there is no competition

There are only 3-4 teams with op comps quing against eachother , gaining more rating that losing from a loss because same mmr and that's it .

I might be dumb but when I go on a 15 winsteak and then I lose everything with just 2 loses then idk . that's not fun . and I am not minpojke, I wont tryhard everysingle game . Cause if you play rmd and you face something like mls you have to sweat ... kind of

Maybe I'm just qqing about a nonexistent bug , but at least some fixes on some classes would be sweet so that 3s become more balanced overall.

I think this is more important for 3s since in 2s there are more teams quing , therefore it is more likely to face someone with same mmr and get good points . But in 3s its just another story.

• 2 weeks later...

up :)

found a screenshot back from ptr ... 5.4.8

thats actually what i mean, impossible to do on Pandawow

http://i.imgur.com/PzGjbd2.jpg

^ Would never work on pandawow ! You need like ~85 wins here for 2.5 cr

also here somthing else :

http://i.imgur.com/asSMEAB.jpg

My priest was smth like 2.500-2.600 cr at this time. My monk had ~2.7

I got 19 points from a 2.6 team while on Pandawow you would get ~ +8 +9

What i guess is like that at higher cr (above 1k + cr) You get only the half of the points (probably even more) you should normally get. Also you actually can't get more than 23 points for a win i feel like.

Thanks in advance and i hope it get fixed ;)

Btw please dont compare to Wod retail because they changed their cr/ mmr system in Wod.

Also you are not supposed to get +1 with 3k cr against 1,7k teams ;) You should get no points at all.

Same problem with mmr. You gain almost nothing and have to grind 1.5 teams for like 60 games until you can play against "decent" people. Pretty annoying and a 11/10 actually.

max cr that you can get is +96 btw.

Beating a 3.1k MMR team should give me like 96 points (or w/e the max is)

cant remember that u got +96 on 2.3 + but obviously u would have gotten like 60+ points

Edited by noneedmlg
  • 2 weeks later...