What about a Discord server, pandawow? :)

Xylayz

Yoyo boiis and grils,

I have a suggestion about an Discord server. Discord is a talk chat like Teamspeak, Skype etc. You can use Discord in your browser or dowload the programm. I make this suggestion, because there's no official talk chat for Pandawow.

So, in Skype you can't create a server, in Teamspeak you need to pay for a server, so in Discord it's totally free, you can make "ranks" and other cool stuff, btw it's not like skype which steal your internet.

Here you have some more information about it: https://discordapp.com/

Pandawow, please think about it, it would be really nice if you could do it and as I said it's totally free and It doesn't take that much time to set it up. :)

Xylayz.

If their servers have good technical support, low latency, fast response, and more importantly like TeamSpeak: Voice Activation Detection similar feature (that blocks background sounds).

Then I might consider leaving TeamSpeak and move to this program, but I won't try it any soon!

Yoyo boiis and grils,

I have a suggestion about an Discord server. Discord is a talk chat like Teamspeak, Skype etc. You can use Discord in your browser or dowload the programm. I make this suggestion, because there's no official talk chat for Pandawow.

So, in Skype you can't create a server, in Teamspeak you need to pay for a server, so in Discord it's totally free, you can make "ranks" and other cool stuff, btw it's not like skype which steal your internet.

Pandawow, please think about it, it would be really nice if you could do it and as I said it's totally free and It doesn't take that much time to set it up. :)

Xylayz.

This is actually a good/bad idea, because people with potaot PC can't be on discord since it's eating resources unlike skype/ts3.

Yoyo boiis and grils,

Xylayz.

The idea is good, but I think it would require some management and I doubt jewster would invest in that.

Agreed.

Also it consumes.

• Game Masters
The idea is good, but I think it would require some management and I doubt jewster would invest in that.

Maybe current moderators and GM's can manage it.

I support the suggestion as well

Maybe current moderators and GM's can manage it.

I support the suggestion as well

Disagreed, I explained why.

This is actually a good/bad idea, because people with potaot PC can't be on discord since it's eating resources unlike skype/ts3.

Teamspeak servers arent that expensive if somone is willing to host them.

And most of people still prefer Skype.

• Game Masters
Disagreed, I explained why.

Teamspeak servers arent that expensive if somone is willing to host them.

And most of people still prefer Skype.

People who have patato pc as you saying they won't join at Discord chat but as author said skype isn't the solution as well because it's not safe.

Although, I think TS3 is the best

People who have patato pc as you saying they won't join at Discord chat but as author said skype isn't the solution as well because it's not safe.

Although, I think TS3 is the best

If you were to go for the voice chat option you would need a bigger staff team anyway and its not realistic for this size of community, think about it the peak times on both realms hit around 5500 players at 1 time and when the staff team has maybe 10-15 total who speak different language that have different jobs and responsibilities who are not necessarily moderators or administrators to deal with issue it wont work.

Its too time demanding and think about it, all those players who will think wait a min that guy done this I am going on ts3/discord/skype to try get him banned when I know its not 100% legitimate.

But with the current system their reaction is more like: I hate this guy but i cant be bothered to report him on the forums and my screenshots do not provide enough evidence to try ban him over something he shouldn't get banned for.

Now i know this may seem in depth but this is just 1 negative thing.

Blizzard do the same thing you have to sit on a phone for hours for technical support sometimes so you know most of the time you are not going to phone them for issues that are timewasting.

Same as gm tickets on retail you can do tickets to waste time but it takes ages to get a response and if you do waste time you will be punished by them for it.

If we had a big staff team and every language was covered and it was funded then it would work but currently this system is fine as it is so why go through all of the bother.

If you were to go for the voice chat option you would need a bigger staff team anyway and its not realistic for this size of community, think about it the peak times on both realms hit around 5500 players at 1 time and when the staff team has maybe 10-15 total who speak different language that have different jobs and responsibilities who are not necessarily moderators or administrators to deal with issue it wont work.

Its too time demanding and think about it, all those players who will think wait a min that guy done this I am going on ts3/discord/skype to try get him banned when I know its not 100% legitimate.

But with the current system their reaction is more like: I hate this guy but i cant be bothered to report him on the forums and my screenshots do not provide enough evidence to try ban him over something he shouldn't get banned for.

Now i know this may seem in depth but this is just 1 negative thing.

Blizzard do the same thing you have to sit on a phone for hours for technical support sometimes so you know most of the time you are not going to phone them for issues that are timewasting.

Same as gm tickets on retail you can do tickets to waste time but it takes ages to get a response and if you do waste time you will be punished by them for it.

If we had a big staff team and every language was covered and it was funded then it would work but currently this system is fine as it is so why go through all of the bother.

Other words, Discord is not meant for community purpases, it's commonly used for group conversations(2-10 people)

It has a lot of downsides and features aren't managable as on TS3/Skype.

Plus in addition, it eats resources like a hungry lion.

Other words, Discord is not meant for community purpases, it's commonly used for group conversations(2-10 people)

It has a lot of downsides and features aren't managable as on TS3/Skype.

Plus in addition, it eats resources like a hungry lion.

I never used discord since I use skype so I don't know what it is like resource wise :/

Raidcall would probably be a better option if we was going for a (free) chat program.

Well i think Raidcall is still free to host.

I never used discord since I use skype so I don't know what it is like resource wise :/

Raidcall would probably be a better option if we was going for a (free) chat program.

Well i think Raidcall is still free to host.

Raidcall is worst Voice call service ever made in history of mankind, it sucks so hard made me get cancer when I installed it.

TS3/Skype still remain best possible option.

Skype for group calls.

TS3 for community purpases.

But there are some gaming TS which are free to join.

Raidcall is worst Voice call service ever made in history of mankind, it sucks so hard made me get cancer when I installed it.

TS3/Skype still remain best possible option.

Skype for group calls.

TS3 for community purpases.

But there are some gaming TS which are free to join.

If raidcall was not an option then teamspeak is the only alternative because skype is for more personal and it is not as professional in my opinion because in teamspeak you can speak with unlimited amount of people on skype your limited unless you pay and even then it uses more resources than ts3.

But either way pointless talking about it since it wont happen lol.

• 1 year later...