Aqua Jewel

uraganuu

When checking other characters on the website's control panel, I noticed that some people own an Aqua Jewel.

I know this item drops from a Pandaria rare monster called Sahn Tidehunter. Wowhead.com says that this mob is located in Vale of Eternal Blossom, but the problem is that it's not there. I've searched the map inch by inch and can't seem to find this mob. Either it's heavily camped, wich I doubt, or it doesn't spawn.

Wowhead says that near the spawn site, there's the body of a dead crab. If I follow the coordinates, the crab isn't where it's supposed to be. It's floating at the endge of a nearby mountain and Sahn Tidehunter is nowhere to be seen.

My question is, how did these players aquire this item if the mob that drops it is nowhere to be found? I desperately want this item for several of my characters.

Can anyone tell me where this monster actually is? I've looked on the entire map, couldn't find it and it doesn't spawn at the coordinates listed by Wowhead.

I never saw it where it should be. The dead crab that's right next to the official spawn point is, in fact, on top of a mountain near by....floating. It's obviously a bug. But I want to know if this rare actually exists here, on the Fun realm. And if it is, at what actual coordinates can it be found?

• 1 year later...
sorry, what i previously wrote was wrong. Sahn Tidehunter does spawn, just not where you'd expect him to. His spawn point isn't the one you'll find on wowhead. I think the one on wowhead is the one where he spawns in 5.4.8 ( after the vale transformation ). But in pandawow sahn still spawns pre 5.4.8 location. I used to have an addon that gives an alert whenever you fly above a rare spawn. I just flew around in the vale and found him by chance. If i remember right he's more south, southwest of where he should be according to wowhead. Edited by banhammer
  • Like 1

sorry, what i previously wrote was wrong. Sahn Tidehunter does spawn, just not where you'd expect him to. His spawn point isn't the one you'll find on wowhead. I think the one on wowhead is the one where he spawns in 5.4.8 ( after the vale transformation ). But in pandawow sahn still spawns pre 5.4.8 location. I used to have an addon that gives an alert whenever you fly above a rare spawn. I just flew around in the vale and found him by chance. If i remember right he's more south, southwest of where he should be according to wowhead.

Alright, thank you, I'll take a look in the valley.