warr or dk?

Frostshotz

If you play UH, it's much more potent and viable then other DK specs. Also, UH+healer is much better then warr+healer for 2s.

Overall, I'd pick DK without even looking.

You must be crazy ... UH dk is good maybe only with a healer ( dont have strong deffences ) ye sit does alot of dmg for in alot of time .. you dont have burst potential ... its fine but after the 2k barier it suck.

If you want a class with alot of dmg and CC becouse above 2k its all about the CC roll warrior and go in arena with rouge/mage/Rdruid/Rshaman !

• 3 weeks later...

Neither of the two. Scrap those *** classes and roll either a Rpally, an Enha shammy or a Ww monk.

All of them scale extremely well with skill, especially the latter, and as a surplus (to me important too) they have spectacular and original animations, not like a warrior whose all abilities look the same, so boring.

W hybrids!

Edited by JohnnyPoozang

Neither of the two. Scrap those *** classes and roll either a Rpally, an Enha shammy or a Ww monk.

All of them scale extremely well with skill, especially the latter, and as a surplus (to me important too) they have spectacular and original animations, not like a warrior whose all abilities look the same, so boring.

W hybrids!

I don't know , monk in 5.4.8. Doesn't take much ''skillz'' anymore , It's sad , I've seen clueless/mindless ww's winning only because of damage.

What may be quite interesting is retpally , I think.

Im rolling ret pally for 4 years last season i was 2.6k rated as ret in 2s,here is the thing if you want to be good with ret pala you need to learn how to kite like a god and to use your cds properly one mistake can lead to a lot of trouble and it can cost you arena match,death of you or your partner.BUt since you asked what to pick between War and Unholy i would say go unholy because it much better than war and if you get skilled you will be owning ppl without problems :D

why not frost dk?

in 1v1 duels mainly UH dk can beat you (they are the only class with more parry than you) as long as you play your burst right, which is 6 obliterates in a row

+ 180k+ obliterates on clothies

+ bugged http://www.db.pandawow.me?item=43553 and other cc immunities make you unCC-able for most of the duel (or at least more than half of it)

+ 1.5%hp regen per second and sick Death Coil heals

- no def cds (tho you do have tons of armor and HP in Blood Presence)

- lack of cc (you do have stun/snare tho and can mimic spells from others if timed correctly)

PS I played that spec right after I got bored on my destro lock and it was really cool in bgs/duels (in bgs if you have gear and buffs you can yolo rush vs their team alone and still get a kill or two)

right now I'm running Rogue tho and it's by far the most interesting class I've ever played :P - about as close to demo in terms of KB in battlegrounds (avg 2/min or so), but with ~0 deaths, oh, yeah, and you can kill people within the cheap shot duration

Edited by dotadoom

You must be crazy ... UH dk is good maybe only with a healer ( dont have strong deffences ) ye sit does alot of dmg for in alot of time .. you dont have burst potential ... its fine but after the 2k barier it suck.

If you want a class with alot of dmg and CC becouse above 2k its all about the CC roll warrior and go in arena with rouge/mage/Rdruid/Rshaman !

No burst potential as UH? UH bursts alot better then other classes, for alot more damage. You don't know this spec well, do you?

From personal experience, UH burst is alot more potent then warr burst because of a few reasons. 1. It's AoE. 2. More damage. 3. It nullifies healers. 4. It's alot easyer to control by the use of your pet.

As for "don't have strong defenses", I beg to differ again. You have 2 stuns, 1 intrerupt, 3 trinkets if you're a Human, blood presence for armor levels comparable to tanking classes, AMS and IF for emergencies.

I would suggest you to play warrior until they fix ams, conversion and asphyxiate.

Then roll unholy, it's really frustrating with the 15k ams, being unable to attack ppl when they're stunned and lacking burst heal cause conversion doesn't work as it should.

Burst is awesome thought and stun can/has to be used on offtarget.

And the PET is awesome! It works here really well too.

i do know the uh dk quite good ( it was my second main last season ) but believe me it does not have that much as you think .. from your words i dont think you have met rdudu/awar in arenas above 2.2k the dk i staying in cc or its unable to reach the druid whiloe the warriors is tearing apart your healer dks cant peel that much , uh dk is good mainly vs priests or maybe holy pally or even monks but vs rshamy or rdruis it does not have the utility needed its same if you are vs rouge/mage war/rouge mage/war they will cc your healer for 8 seks and you are dead that all no need or reopening and other just bursts the hell out of you and you are dead ...

Yea, but you can't really kill a warr from a druid's heal and you can't kill the druid either because they have 10 times as much mobility than a DK has. Personally, UH dk is one of my very favourites, but I just can't stand that lack of mobility. Yea, if you can catch the druid offguard, easy job, but you just don't get druids off guard at 2.2k+... Warriors have slightly more mobility, but usually they can be kiited easily too. Anyways, I'd say UH DK since that spec requires some brain to roll, it's challenging, also super fun. I just couldn't stand the anger when I was playing against a rdruid... Though you can beat them, I was at 2.1k last season, but my nerves went crappy when I had to wait 15 mins of cc and dampening to have a chance killing the druid. Once you cacth them, they are done, but as you know, not that easy without slows and stuff. That's why my main is a ww. Tons of defensives, damage, stun, cc, heal and - which is the best - mobility. I just can't get enough of the ww plays :D

You should go with a warrior, because you have much better survivability, mobility, utility, and overall greater damage. Plus you don't need that much skill to play a warrior, the DPS rotation is easy and you do not need to worry about rage starving unless you are playing in defensive stance. While playing on unholy death knight you need to manage your pet, manage runes (witch don't work that well), stack necrotic strikes and you can't just spam your abilities like you can do on your warrior.

Well.. Death Knight's are more stylish and classy in total raping .

How does style and class help you get high rating? Death knights are too buggy at the moment and I can't recommend them for PVP, and if you want a high rating go with a warrior but if you want a really high rating play a mage, boomkin, MW monk, or resto druid.