Deep wounds formula is higher than it should

Realm tested - Fun realm

Date tested - 17/10/2015

Spell - Deep Wounds

Description - Currently the damage formula is wrong, can't tell exactly what since I don't know the coefficients being used in the database now. See spoiler below for more details.

Overall status

Formula = 1800 + 198% of AP over 15 sec, but the Arms spec received a +100% damage bonus, so it is 1800 + 298% of AP

My Attack Power = 23972

My PvP Power = 34.62%

Warrior’s resilience = 80.00%

Number of ticks = 5

Converting attack power into damage

298% of 23972 = 71436

1800 + 71436 = 73236 over 15 seconds

73236 / 5 = 14647 per tick in a pve target

Adding PvP Power

34.62% of 14647 = 5070

14647 + 5070 = 19717

Adding resilience

80% of 19717 = 15773

19717 - 15773 = 3944

Current damage on PvE = 19704, when it should be approximatelly 14647

Current damage on PvP = 5275, when it should be approximatelly3944

Note - Both warriors had 496 ilvl, no enchants, gems, or procs.

Note - I rounded the final numbers, therefore the final results are approximate.

Note - It is not affected by Seasoned Soldier.

How it should work - The damage formula should be applied properly.

Priority - 8/10, you can literally do 45k bleeds in the burst, and warriors are alredy if not the, then one of the best DPS.

Comments - When I was making this report, I noticed that I could do some 50k bleeds with a full gear warrior, easily(with arena buffs and procs), while a feral can do 70k~~80k(with arena buffs and procs), so I thought that it was kinda weird.

Screenshots

http://i.imgur.com/Hhn9lvS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/adEv4Sd.jpg

Edited by Furmetal
typo, formatation, bla bla bla, who reads this anyway

i really dont want to be this one who tell you that but ... the bleeds arent affected by Seasoned Soldier bonus ^^

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1321119-deep-wounds-scaling

Its damage per tick is 218.1 + .24*AP. It doesn't benefit from Seasoned Soldier or SMF's 35% damage bonus, but it does benefit from most other damage mods, like Enrage. It has a chance to crit equal to your melee crit chance. So, it scales with AP, Crit, and Mastery. It can proc RPPM effects(like most everything can). It doesn't have any weird rolling or stacking mechanics. If you're keeping it refreshed, it will just tick every 3s, with its damage based on your stats at the time you last refreshed it.

the mastery part doesnt mean you can do the amount * [mastery] now btw ^^

tbh i guess warrior is only that strong because of the overscaling proccs. Idk without proccs i'm not doing that much dmg actually

but ye keep going, actually nice to see some1 is doing shit against all this bugs

i'll probably report tomorrow the explosive shot dmg bug

Edited by Noneedholy

but something must be wrong with ur calculation .. it can't be possible that you hit 20k bleeds while bursting( according to your calculation) . Even on retail you could do 40k + bleeds with reck up

http://www.twitch.tv/bloodxeu/c/4857438

here you see (after the druid displacer behind a pillar) 18k noncrit bleed though barkskin.

So something must be wrong :3

also i see 100k slams though barkskin with all proccs :l idk i don't do that much more on pandawow ( well ok trinket procc is bugged op af)

Edited by Noneedholy

Dude just stop ok? It's clearly you don't know what you are doing, the formula on wowhead is the standard formula for all 3 specs, arms gets a 100% increase as you can see in the patch notes.

Don't you see that now deep wounds do double the damage you calculated? Or that it does double the damage of fury spec?

Edited by potatoe
the formula on wowhead is the standard formula for all 3 specs

lol never thought about that, but he is right. The formula on WoWhead is just for every spec.

Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Damage has been increased by 100% for Arms Warriors.
that is only for arms, means you won't see that in the wowhead changelog :l. That's also a reason why you don't see the changelog from 5.2 on wowhead. edit pls :D

And now call me retard for defending my alt class :D. Or just admit that this is logic

Edited by Noneedholy
Dude just stop ok? It's clearly you don't know what you are doing, the formula on wowhead is the standard formula for all 3 specs, arms gets a 100% increase as you can see in the patch notes.

Don't you see that now deep wounds do double the damage you calculated? Or that it does double the damage of fury spec?

Thanks for the tip, re-did the formula with the +100% increase and got a better result.

Also I thought that the formulas were alredy applied.

Formula corrected and updated.

I guess i found your mistake.

The dmg is increased by 100% Means in your formula its not 298% because 100% from 198 is 396%

try to calculate it with 396%

You're duplicating the coefficient, it says it was increased by +100%, not doubled. By the way I did try your way and got a lower damage than it is on the NPC. But didn't you say that damage here is a lot higher than it was on retail? Maybe doubling it makes it a lot higher than it was on retail. Currently I'm doing some research regarding it.

I might be wrong though.

There is not much we can do, to be honest, all that we are doing are theories, specially because most of these formulas aren't actually in the internet, and that +100% can be interpretated in both ways: yours, where you duplicated, and mine, which I added +100% instead of duplicating.

I think that all that we can do for now is wait for an administrator.

Edited by Furmetal
You're duplicating the coefficient, it says it was increased by +100%, not doubled.

I might be wrong though.

There is not much we can do, to be honest, all that we are doing are theories, specially because most of these formulas aren't actually in the internet, and that +100% can be interpretated in both ways: yours, where you duplicated, and mine, which I added +100% instead of duplicating.

I think that all that we can do for now is wait for an administrator.

No. it says the DAMAGE is incrased by 100%. so the actually DAMAGE what your dot is doing is increased by 100%. For a normal PvP player means that ... oh my bleed is doing 50k and now its doing 100k (calculate it again with 396% and you will see its fine) . Thats logic. Also as i said before you want to tell me with your calculation that a warrior should hid below 40k bleeds while bursting. This is absurd. I linked a video where bloodx hit 18k noncrit bleeds though barkskin. So ye, theres nothing to discuss about obv.. As i said it says increased by 100% not "increased by 100" http://www.twitch.tv/bloodxeu/c/4857438

watch that video and tell me if you maybe can compare that to pandawow warrior dmg :D

As i said fix trinket proccs and you will see that a war won't rng crit you for 120/130k slam anymore

I'm playing boomkin mage on 2.4 mmr atm and i can survive against all this r1 war teams longer than 5 minutes. Idk i can deal with it. Instead of a DK who rapes you in like 2 minutes ... dont wanna talk about locks

Edited by Noneedholy
these kinds of /formulas being incorrect/ posts are so useless.. Do you guys seriously think pandawow devs just gathered up one day, drank some vodka and then decided to make custom changes in the default skill calculations randomly? You can almost never know what was it like in blizzard since they had all kinds of weekly changes back then. Nor even all of which were included in patch notes and some were just inbetween them. Wowhead's changelog history from 5.4.0 can be very misleading plus there was a lot of time during 5.4.0 and WOD where many skills got "hidden" power boosts/nerfs that were not well documentated in the global patch notes but rather inside the daily "blues". So.. yeah.. no way of knowing what was it like during 5.4.8 in blizzard unless going and test it there which is impossible. The only close way is to watch videos from 5.4.8 where people show their stats and then use skills and then investigate/find out the real coefficients.
not well documentated in the global patch notes

All documentet as well, as it possible.

Just try to use http://archive.org/ (WoWHead) -> wow.gamepedia.com -> world of warcraft logs = full changelist mit all changes, even hotfixes, that sometimes havent show in official patch-notes.

Furmetal, As i see it give +100% dot damage to arms twise.

((((398%*23972)+1800)/5)*1.3462)-80% = 5234.48654 ##### Current damage on PvP = 5275

so coef 398% wrong. Need change to 298%

Send to dev., will be fixed.