Skull Banner

Milorad

1. http://db.pandawow.me/?spell=114207

2. Is applying the 20% crit damage dynamically.

3. It shouldn't be dynamic, it should be static.

4. 4/16/2017

5. Fun/Cross

6. 6-7/10 It's quite stupid at the moment, bad players that don't rotate their cooldown usage around Skull Banner, E.G afli locks, get the 20% crit damage increase even if they didn't renew their dots with Skull Banner up. But at the same time, it's bad because if you use your dots when Skull Banner it down, the 20% crit damage only lasts for 10 seconds (skull banner time).

Note: It is applying the 20% crit damage increase to spells that are being casted aswell, that should not be the case, if you already started casting a spell, and the warrior popped Skull Banner, you should not get the 20% crit damage increase for that spell cast. (https://i.imgur.com/DwHofe5.png this is best showcased with Chaos Bolt)

Proof: https://i.imgur.com/yuw4t6e.png

Recap: Skull Banner should be static, meaning when it is put down, dots should have the 20% increased crit damage untill they run out. You SHOULDN'T be able to get the increased crit damage when you're already casting a spell, and banner is placed.

Edited by Milorad
Made it easier to read.
If this is true, then yeah, it's kinda cool to get fixed.

My question is: Are you sure? Where's the proof from retail? Just kind of confusing. This can also be another Prey on the Weak, right? Only the extra crit while it's up.

If you need retail proof for something as logical as this, then I don't know. I'm not/ Am not able to sit through atleast 10 hours worth of video content so I can confirm this.

Don't you mean that the dots which were applied on a target should be affected by those 20% even after the banner fades, do you?

It doesn't seem legit. Crits are instant events, it shouldn't be affected postfactum.

N o, dots are static in MoP. When a DoT is applied to a target, crit/haste/mastery etc. is applied and calculated within the dot, thus it being static. In Legion, dots are dynamic, and only then will what you said make sense.

N o

But according to the OP post you are claiming it should work the very way I've described above,

dots are static in MoP. When a DoT is applied to a target' date=' crit/haste/mastery etc. is applied and calculated within the dot, thus it being static[/quote']

You are confusing calculating damage formulae and the modifer ones.

The skull banner does NOT increases your damage, it DOES increase the crit modifer formula for the next ten seconds.

The crit modifer is not the linear characteristic like mastery/resilience etc, it is the static modifer which has no increasing/reducing effects which it could be depending on, except of the Skull banner.

Idk, is there grammar mistakes above or not, I hope there's no.

It is quite hard to explain.

I would prefer to ask you, where did it come from? I mean I've played this game for like eleven years, and never heard about such a thing as recalculating on a modifer.(probably because it is very unique)

But according to the OP post you are claiming it should work the very way I've described above,

You are confusing calculating damage formulae and the modifer ones.

The skull banner does NOT increases your damage, it DOES increase the crit modifer formula for the next ten seconds.

The crit modifer is not the linear characteristic like mastery/resilience etc, it is the static modifer which has no increasing/reducing effects which it could be depending on, except of the Skull banner.

Idk, is there grammar mistakes above or not, I hope there's no.

It is quite hard to explain.

I would prefer to ask you, where did it come from? I mean I've played this game for like eleven years, and never heard about such a thing as recalculating on a modifer.(probably because it is very unique)

Imagine it like this. You use Skull Banner, and for the next 10 seconds, all of your dots will get the 20% increased critical damage buff, it snapshots and gets applied to the target. It doesn't make sense for it to just add it's bonus crit damage just because Banner is down. (dots are at that time already on the target, and can't be modified, this is why in fact that added in dots being dynamic.)

being dynamic

I got your point, the thing which you are describing is called recalculating.

But there are two moments.

First: Crit damage modifer is being included after all of the calculations. It just does multiple damage in two times, if the damage has got critical effect. Or 120% extra damage in case for the banner.

Second: Recalculating is a thing that has trend to be reapplied, so even though you were right, the formula of the bleed damage will be recalculated by the next time you crit upon your target without the banner's effect.

I got your point, the thing which you are describing is called recalculating.

But there are two moments.

First: Crit damage modifer is being included after all of the calculations. It just does multiple damage in two times, if the damage has got critical effect. Or 120% extra damage in case for the banner.

Second: Recalculating is a thing that has trend to be reapplied, so even though you were right, the formula of the bleed damage will be recalculated by the next time you crit upon your target without the banner's effect.

Okay, I'm sorry, but I just can't really get around to what you're implying. I'm getting the general idea most of the times, but I'm just confused now.

(Not sure if you're agreeing with me or not)

Think of it like this. You popped your whole 1swiftymacro, you use mortal strike, for the remaining duration of Deep Wounds (untill it gets refreshed), Critical damage should be 120%. It makes NO sense for it to just fall off 10 seconds later. There is NO SUCH THING as dynamical calculation in MoP for dots. You're implying that Skull Banner is an aura effect that applies to already applied dots, which is false.

Think of it like this. You popped your whole 1swiftymacro' date=' you use mortal strike, for the remaining duration of Deep Wounds (untill it gets refreshed), Critical damage should be 120%. It makes NO sense for it to just fall off 10 seconds later. There is NO SUCH THING as dynamical calculation in MoP for dots[/quote']

(Not sure if you're agreeing with me or not)

No, I am not agreeing with you. I do understand your idea, and I do understand that it isn't legit. That's it.

You're implying that Skull Banner is an aura effect that applies to already applied dots' date=' which is false.[/quote']

No, I am not. I am implying that Skull Banner is an aura effect which affects ONLY upon the critical effects that happen within its duration.

It does NOT changing the DOT formula. It changes critical effect damage increasing formula.

No, I am not agreeing with you. I do understand your idea, and I do understand that it isn't legit. That's it.

No, I am not. I am implying that Skull Banner is an aura effect which affects ONLY upon the critical effects that happen within its duration.

It does NOT changing the DOT formula. It changes critical effect damage increasing formula.

No clue, not a single trace of proof claiming your claims, nor can I myself find any information regarding critical damage and how it works.

• 2 years later...

From what I could come with, it appears that it is neither completely static, nor is it completely dynamic.

It is static in that you need to refresh your dots when the banner is up in order for your dots to benifit from the 20% crit damage bonus. Your dots won't get the 20% bonus crit damage dynamically. (I couldn't find a sufficient proof other than guides saying that you should watch the banner to refresh your dots)

It is dynamic in that once the banner duration expires,your dots will lose the 20% crit damage bonus (Proof is a fire mage combustion ticking 243k while the banner is up, but starts to tick lower right after the banner fades out)

Proof link:

(check the opener) Edited by Tracker