Seal of Insight

Halta

Name: Seal of Insight

Problem: It does not increase the lv90 row for paladins by 5%.

How it should work: Seal of Insight should increase all healing the paladin does by 5%.

Date: 7/6/18

Realm: All

Priority: 6/10

This was a retail bug throughout MoP, which they later stealthfixed in WoD. Since PandaWoW does not implement retail bugs, they should implement this intentional behavior for SoI.

MoP DBC:

9e9938739c5ac774cbc3922240d6bdf5.png

WoD DBC (they stealthfixed it so that instead of a static spell list, it passively increases ALL healing output by 5%):

7bb3317bec9efa5fbaa7abef68ed66de.png

Edited by Halta
Formula "retail bugs" should not get fixed, that's just stupid imo. This is not about a mechanic. This is about healing/dmg, so if we change anything it will alter the s15 state. I don't want a custom s15. Edited by Autschbatsch
I think now this aura work fine.

Right now it works 100% like it worked during 5.4.8, with a list of spells.

This is an unintentional bug, since in theory Seal of Insight increases all healing done by the paladin 5%. This was stealthfixed in WoD when Blizzard re-visited this spell to remove the haste component, and noticed the issue.

They changed SPELL_AURA_ADD_PCT_MODIFIER (for specific spells) to SPELL_AURA_MOD_HEALING_DONE_PERCENT (for overall healing output), as is the intentional behavior claimed by the tooltip.

The point of this thread is that Zeox said that PandaWoW doesn't implement retail bugs (which this one was), and it got stealthfixed later by Blizzard.

7ffef64384f265f108f884941c0591c3.png

Edited by Halta
The point of this thread is that Zeox said that PandaWoW doesn't implement retail bugs (which this one was)' date=' and it got stealthfixed later by Blizzard.[/quote']

/summon Repitchx

behavior claimed by the tooltip

By that logic a LOT of spells are "retail bugged". S t o p. Pwow will become custom and a joke.

I think it's clear to say that when Zeox mentioned he didn't want to implement bugs, he meant mechanic wise (for most logical parts), not formulas. I can't speak for him, but that's what I think at least and that is what makes sense.

It's like comparing Pandawow to retail. On Pandawow you have custom profession trainers, vendors that sells enchants/gems/bags/pots/food/gear etc. We also have cap reset twice a week.

In that sense, yes, Pandawow is custom and will never be exactly like how it was back then. That's why I think it's just best to cut out the bullshit and fix what is best for the server and how it should actually be.

You want Pandawow to implement retail bugs to get the "real" feeling of s15?

Here is what I mean by fixing what should be fixed and not

Soul Link should not be removed by MC

Lightwell should not be placable inside pillars, same goes for totems.

Grounding Totem should be removed by Growl

^that's how it is right now on pandawow and should stay like that imo.

See what I'm saying? Don't dumb down classes more, don't make Holy Paladin even stronger when you know damn well they are completely broken and the best healer on Pandawow.

TL;DR

Let formulas be as they are for now, let retail mechanics stay.

Wouldn't be fun if everyone was as interested in looking for every little bug/"bug" like you do with paladin, would it? I'm sure if I really put my time into it, I would find a damage boost or a huge bug that would buff classes that obviously should not have been as strong as they are now on Pandawow *cough warriors/dks/locks cough*

Edited by Repitchx