Chaos Damage: Chaos Wave and Touch of Chaos

WwwRampage

Spell name : http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=112089 and http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=124917

Date tested : 02.06.2014

How it works : They can be absorbed, reflected and do low damage(max of 47000 damage crit from Touch of chaos during Metamorphosis http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=103965 with 1000 intelect flask, orc racial Blood fury, pvp burst trinket activated, Dark soul and Grimoire of Sacrifice active and this was on ally who was low and didnt have the 2 piece bonus of 2600 ressilence from the pvp trinkets.

How it should work : Chaos damage which is dealt by these 2 spells can not be resisted or reduced(except by http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=71, http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=642, http://www.db.pandawow.me?spell=45438) cause it ignores all resistances and mitigations, I dont know if it should be reflected, read the forums and some say it should some say it should not - http://wowpedia.org/Chaos_(spell_school)

And cloak of shadows protects rogue against these attacks, and that should not happen because chaos damage is psyhical damage too and cloak of shadows should protect the rogue only against normal spells.

Priority: 10/10 cause its the demonology warlock main tool for burst.

Realm: x10

Edited by WwwRampage
New Information

Read this from wowpedia: http://wowpedia.org/Chaos_(spell_school)

Chaos refers to a type of magic wielded by warlocks. Chaos is a unique multi-school, combining all the seven schools of magic: Arcane, Fire, Frost, Holy, Nature, Shadow and even Physical. Multi-school abilities benefit from bonuses that affect any of their schools, use the lowest resistance value among their schools, ignore absorption and immunity effects that apply to only some of their schools, and can be used even when one or more of their schools have been locked with an interrupt effect.

Chaos' comprehensive nature guarantees that damage done will not be mitigated by any armor, resistances (such as Shadow Resistance) or school-specific effects (such as [Twilight Ward]) the target might possess. However mitigation and immunity abilities that are not school-specific (such as [Defensive Stance], [ice Block] and [Divine Shield]) as well as damage-absorption shields provide by abilities like [blood Shield], [illuminated Healing] and [Power Word: Shield] will still absorb, mitigate or completely prevent damage from this school. Due to its comprehensive nature, it is impossible for players to be locked out of the Chaos school.

Chaos spells

Spells that use Chaos include Demonology warlock abilities available while in [Metamorphosis]:

[Chaos Wave]

[Touch of Chaos]

• 2 weeks later...

''touch of chaos and chaos wave are physical damage.''

I have to disagree! Chaos dmg is very uniqe by itself. It turns into the dmg your apponent has the lowest resistance to. If a rogue has little resistance to shadow damage it turns into shadow damage but if he pops cloak of shadows it turns into physical damage since its immune to magical effects. Dont believe me? Take a look at this

and go to 4:10 . Edited by Exigon
  • 1 month later...

This doesn't explain at all how it is how, if it is low, etc. There are no calculations done, was tested againt a player opponent of which we know nothing about their gear, buffs, debuffs, etc. (Also you mention how you had blood fury up to buff the damage... it doesn't even work, lending further credence to the notion that you indeed did not complete any calculations, basing this all on your gut.) This isn't nitpicking, the devs need to see this kind of thing to both confirm it is an issue so they don't waste further time on deadends as well as it giving them a starting point of which to work from.

Also saying that only 3 spells can reduce chaos damage is ridiculous. Saying it ignores all resistances is ridiculous. Please people, the internet allows us to all become knowledgeable so quickly with just quick search. The link you kindly posted even disputes this. In fact the three spells you listed are listed as examples of the many that do reduce its damage.

Also calling two spells, that only one spec, of one class use, that are hitting for less than perfect damage (if there is even an issue) is no where close to 10/10 priority. Maybe for you. Everyone cannot keep posting 10/10 priority or you guys make priority meaningless.

Edited by noshi
This doesn't explain at all how it is how, if it is low, etc. There are no calculations done, was tested againt a player opponent of which we know nothing about their gear, buffs, debuffs, etc. (Also you mention how you had blood fury up to buff the damage... it doesn't even work, proving you didn't calculate anything, just "felt" or "knew" things weren't "right")

Also saying that only 3 spells can reduce chaos damage is ridiculous. Saying it ignores all resistances is ridiculous. Please people, the internet allows us to all become knowledgeable so quickly with just quick search. The link YOU posted even disputes this. In fact the three spells you listed are listed as examples of the many that do reduce its damage.

Also calling two spells, that only one spec, of one class use, that are hitting for less than perfect damage (if there is even an issue) is no where close to 10/10 priority. Maybe for you. Everyone cannot keep posting 10/10 priority or you guys make priority meaningless.

You didn't read the last sentence did you? Although this thread isn't writed so well, it's still a 10/10 priority. Chaos wave and especially Touch of chaos are the spells you want to spam as demonology when bursting (demo is only burst), and here they are completely broken: with Dark soul knowledge, pvp trinket and potion of the jade serpent over a dummy you will be dealing 30k and 60k crits!!! These 2 spells are the main reason demonology warlocks are unplayable and you are saying they aren't much of importance? If bugs that makes a spec or class unplayable aren't 10/10, which are the ones deserving a 10/10?

If you don't know anything about the spec or the class please avoid posting messages like the one above, as they can be only counter-constructive.

Edited by JohnnyPoozang
This doesn't explain at all how it is how, if it is low, etc. There are no calculations done, was tested againt a player opponent of which we know nothing about their gear, buffs, debuffs, etc. (Also you mention how you had blood fury up to buff the damage... it doesn't even work, proving you didn't calculate anything, just "felt" or "knew" things weren't "right")

Also saying that only 3 spells can reduce chaos damage is ridiculous. Saying it ignores all resistances is ridiculous. Please people, the internet allows us to all become knowledgeable so quickly with just quick search. The link YOU posted even disputes this. In fact the three spells you listed are listed as examples of the many that do reduce its damage.

Why dont u just shut up?These spells are the most important to demo,which is the burst only spec for locks.The spec is unplayable currently,so its 10/10 priority.What do you prefer fixing then?A retarded flask that gives 376 mastery instead of 375?The monks spherebots?Or maybe everything that just deals a bit less damage and its not gamebreaking?

I was with full grievous gear and i did a maximum of 80k crit with full burst,and all the damaging spells dont do that much dmg so its extremely hard to play now.

Why dont u just shut up?These spells are the most important to demo,which is the burst only spec for locks.The spec is unplayable currently,so its 10/10 priority.What do you prefer fixing then?A retarded flask that gives 376 mastery instead of 375?The monks spherebots?Or maybe everything that just deals a bit less damage and its not gamebreaking?

I was with full grievous gear and i did a maximum of 80k crit with full burst,and all the damaging spells dont do that much dmg so its extremely hard to play now.

There are 2 huge problems here:

the first is that noone gives 2 fuck about this treads and noone is fixing anything.

The second is that maybe the prioriry is 10/10 but how much people play demo lock i mean there are much more important things to fix before that. The racial for the orc doesn't work. Noone plays monk because of the weapons bugs. Lance hit for 40k with full gear and procs.

There are 2 huge problems here:

the first is that noone gives 2 fuck about this treads and noone is fixing anything.

The second is that maybe the prioriry is 10/10 but how much people play demo lock i mean there are much more important things to fix before that. The racial for the orc doesn't work. Noone plays monk because of the weapons bugs. Lance hit for 40k with full gear and procs.

Have you ever thinked the reason for people to NOT play demo locks?It is because spells dont work.I agree that monk is bugged with weapons which is very sad for me thats why i play on molten with monk.Why the orc racial doesnt work?

Not sure why you are attacking me like that. I never said that other stuff was more important. Nor did I say that this wasn't a priority. Please reread what I wrote I guess?

You guys have this post riddled with game mechanic errors, and basing your bugs on these errors, gives you garbage output. I am simply trying to help you right this ship. Good luck getting this fixed, with a post this convoluted and erroneous I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Why the orc racial doesnt work?
Because stone cold said so? We don't know you'd have to ask a dev for that man. It just gives you 3-4 AP at lvl 90 instead of the 365646 or whatever it should. Not sure why, but bad math somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3 You can play them for fun but not if you are aiming to get high rated.

And yes again, even if these spells are problems, this still is a lower priority, as two of the three specs not only work better on here, but are the ones good players mostly play with.

There are nobody topping the dps charts in raids really with demo, they play destro. Same in PVP, most go affliction. its like hunteres complaining about something wrong with beast mastery (and just whining, showing no evidence whatsoever, while attacking those that try to help them get this thread sorted out and properly reported mind you). survival is still dominant in pve, marksmanship in pvp.

• 3 months later...